• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will you sing for the SDP?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Porfirio,

Shin Leong has already publicly apologised, acknowledged mistake, expressed remorse and repented in his blog. We're all humans and we all make mistakes now and then. 知错能改,善莫大焉。
You may wish to read his so called apology again. He must think that we are truly born idiots.

Chia Tse Li

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree fully with Porfiro Rubirosa. That piece of blog post called "introspection of perspective" or something like that, is not an apology at all. I can't remember if there is even any statement like 'I am sorry for...', from my recollection, there isn't. An apology has to be sincere and unjustified and un-qualified. For that piece of post, it is not even half hearted, as I read it, it just made me feel that as YSL wrote, he was still trying very hard to save his 'face'. Come on... when I apologise, I be broken down, humbled down, due to the mistake I have made leading to grieving many. indeed, his such actions, whether revealed or not revealed speaks much of his person. So what if it is not revealed? It doesn't mean he is of a better credibility as the fact (he knows himself if he hadn't shared so openly to the public) is he had cast a vote for a PAP candidate whose party he said he and his party WP do not endorse. It is not too much but just appropriate to describe him as being dishonest...canvassing for votes against the PAP LHL at AMK while at the polling centre, voted for PAP THP... this is tragic. He is cheating the electorate. Cos over here in SG, we do not vote for the candidate, we vote for the party. This is because our political make up is different, due to the PAP dominance...that is why we have today landed into primarily deciding which party to vote for or against and not which candidate, exactly. Look at how many MIW coming in through the back doors. I agree that we need to be gracious and forgive cos to err is human and when we err we also hope to be forgiven. However, this mistake is a serious one. YSL by voting for the PAP while at the same time asking for support for the WP totally lacks conviction as person...not wanting to even talk about his lack of politically convictions. I find it very difficult to give any credit to such a politician. If YSL openly offers an unjustified apology and express true remorse then I would say we would give him another chance to prove himself and perhaps eventually forgive him and move on. But he did not. It is not easy to put down one's pride to apologise and say 'I am sorry'. He probably hopes that given time this matter will be blown over. But when the next GE comes, perhaps the PAP will use this as a talking point that even WP candidate endorses the PAP. So haha...it will not be blown over. Good thing YSL did not come to my ward last GE...and YSL if you come to Bedok next GE...I will make sure I give you a piece when you come and shake my hand (LTK and Sylvia...hope you are reading this though). Porifiro is also right in saying that it is disappointing that the WP leadership did not mete out any appropriate disciplinary actions on this. To me, I view that there is certainly a need for the WP leadership to do this cos they having fielded themselves in all the past GEs, asking the electorate to support them, are answerable and accountable to the electorate, especially the electorate at the AMK ward.

Last edited:

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
He probably hopes that given time this matter will be blown over.

For the uninitiated, this is the typical tactical response of the PAP in or to any fxxkups!

Last edited:

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Porfirio,

Shin Leong has already publicly apologised, acknowledged mistake, expressed remorse and repented in his blog. We're all humans and we all make mistakes now and then. 知错能改,善莫大焉。

A woman gave in to a man who wants his way with her, promising marriage and eternal love and later revealed that he is in love with another. And of course he apologised.....You will forgive this kind of man? You think he deserves consideration? PTUI! :mad:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I could not have said it any better Bro. It is certainly "tragic" for Singapore if this is the type of character that is being fielded to stand against PAP, more so when even certain academics in Singapore appear to try to 'rationalise' such patent dishonesty for eg. Eugene Tan from SMU, worrying indeed.

Oh and you are right to say that it does not really matter whether Yaw Shin Leong revealed his dishonesty as this only goes to show Yaw's stupidity.

i agree fully with Porfiro Rubirosa. That piece of blog post called "introspection of perspective" or something like that, is not an apology at all. I can't remember if there is even any statement like 'I am sorry for...', from my recollection, there isn't. An apology has to be sincere and unjustified and un-qualified. For that piece of post, it is not even half hearted, as I read it, it just made me feel that as YSL wrote, he was still trying very hard to save his 'face'. Come on... when I apologise, I be broken down, humbled down, due to the mistake I have made leading to grieving many. indeed, his such actions, whether revealed or not revealed speaks much of his person. So what if it is not revealed? It doesn't mean he is of a better credibility as the fact (he knows himself if he hadn't shared so openly to the public) is he had cast a vote for a PAP candidate whose party he said he and his party WP do not endorse. It is not too much but just appropriate to describe him as being dishonest...canvassing for votes against the PAP LHL at AMK while at the polling centre, voted for PAP THP... this is tragic. He is cheating the electorate. Cos over here in SG, we do not vote for the candidate, we vote for the party. This is because our political make up is different, due to the PAP dominance...that is why we have today landed into primarily deciding which party to vote for or against and not which candidate, exactly. Look at how many MIW coming in through the back doors. I agree that we need to be gracious and forgive cos to err is human and when we err we also hope to be forgiven. However, this mistake is a serious one. YSL by voting for the PAP while at the same time asking for support for the WP totally lacks conviction as person...not wanting to even talk about his lack of politically convictions. I find it very difficult to give any credit to such a politician. If YSL openly offers an unjustified apology and express true remorse then I would say we would give him another chance to prove himself and perhaps eventually forgive him and move on. But he did not. It is not easy to put down one's pride to apologise and say 'I am sorry'. He probably hopes that given time this matter will be blown over. But when the next GE comes, perhaps the PAP will use this as a talking point that even WP candidate endorses the PAP. So haha...it will not be blown over. Good thing YSL did not come to my ward last GE...and YSL if you come to Bedok next GE...I will make sure I give you a piece when you come and shake my hand (LTK and Sylvia...hope you are reading this though). Porifiro is also right in saying that it is disappointing that the WP leadership did not mete out any appropriate disciplinary actions on this. To me, I view that there is certainly a need for the WP leadership to do this cos they having fielded themselves in all the past GEs, asking the electorate to support them, are answerable and accountable to the electorate, especially the electorate at the AMK ward.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
A woman gave in to a man who wants his way with her, promising marriage and eternal love and later revealed that he is in love with another. And of course he apologised.....You will forgive this kind of man? You think he deserves consideration? PTUI! :mad:

Actually, from this discussion, the analogy that manifested in my mind was on a man who quarrelled with his girlfriend and was complaining to a female friend about how hard it was to understand woman, only to be snubbed by her that he should opt for gays and like men instead, because if he likes women, he shouldn't be complaining about them. :smile:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may wish to read his so called apology again. He must think that we are truly born idiots.

Yes, you are right. I do not remember reading any apology from him.

Nevertheless, for someone who does not think he did anything seriously wrong or even wrong, that isn't an issue for me. :p

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
"PAP wannabe" on the otherhand describes Yaw Shin Leong's tickets on himself as a politician, I mean just reading his 'perspective apology' and what he told TNP's reporter...what kind of mumbo jumbo garbled shit was that?:rolleyes:

Well, bro, guess we have to agree to disagree again. To me, a "PAP wannabe" is one who tries to please the PAP, naturally for the purpose to get into and high into their ranks, rather than what was expressed above.

Yaw Shin Leong has a blog and I have read this blog; little suggests he has been acquiescent nor evidence exists that he has once been or tried to enter the PAP's ranks.

By the way, I note the "Introspection of perspectives" title and it has nothing to do with my nickname. :biggrin:

samurai1110

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these 'clever' talk, talk, talk for a thief, traitor, usurper, prostitute-of-own-soul only prove one thing .... U are just as bad if not worse than this despicable and irresponsible bugger!:(

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these 'clever' talk, talk, talk for a thief, traitor, usurper, prostitute-of-own-soul only prove one thing .... U are just as bad if not worse than this despicable and irresponsible bugger!:(

The thief is none other than the old man himself, LKY.

The traitor is the turn-coat AG, Walter Woon.

The usurper is the controlled Election Commission.

And the prostitute-of-own-soul is without a doubt, Belinda Ang.

And U are just as bad if not worse than this despicable and irresponsible PAP!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what the pappies said. It was a ploy to oust him from his university post. Scheming, shameless, cunning dogs!
I think you should realise that Chee did not dispute the claim or attempt to do so. He only alleged that it was politically motivated which is obvious.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you are right. I do not remember reading any apology from him.

Nevertheless, for someone who does not think he did anything seriously wrong or even wrong, that isn't an issue for me. :p
Sadly WP as party did not address the issue either. The impression is that people (voters) can be taken for granted. There should have been strong statement and a party apology rather than give excuse that he was "being truthful" Was he truthful to the voters when he told them to vote WP and criticised the PAP during the hustings. Many people do not join political parties to avoid been bound by party rules.

I have little time for those previously associated with PAP as they really have little idea what they stand for but are keen to be part of politics. Just read their blogs - motherhood statements, akin to beauty queen contest participants purportedly trying the save the world, pouring out inner feelings of internal conflict, championing human rights etc, stating the obvious of govt policies etc. Absolutely nothing on body politics, scared to raise issues such as using taxpayers funds to run grassroots organisations such as People's Association, performance of Temasek investments etc.

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry Bro, but on this one I cannot move on because Yaw Shin Leong has never been genuine honest and sincere throughout the whole episode, even with his so called apology which smacks of dishonesty once again. About sums up Yaw Shin Leong's character as an opposition politician - totally unfit and unacceptable.

Do you seriously mean dat YSL should give his vote to any opposition candidate? He is not being personal for voting against SDP candidate. In fact, he also stated clearly in his blog dat he will not automatically vote in favor of his own party candidates. Is it YSL's fault for SDP failure to attract suitably talented people who can match up to at least wat PAP has to offer? :smile:

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal

a PAP dog

a hypocrite old fart chao ah kwa

a temple thief

a cheat & con

a shape-shifter

a father basher

a moron who called his mother LAU-CHEE-BYE when she reprimanded the chao ah kwa for doing fuck all at home save prostituting round-the-clock in cyberspace!

for good measure i present to you this despicable and irresponsible moron!

faggotdogsimkhenghwee.png

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you seriously mean dat YSL should give his vote to any opposition candidate? He is not being personal for voting against SDP candidate. In fact, he also stated clearly in his blog dat he will not automatically vote in favor of his own party candidates. Is it YSL's fault for SDP failure to attract suitably talented people who can match up to at least wat PAP has to offer? :smile:

There are many ways to arguing this issue. Though i do not take Porfiro's stand of being so vehemently against him, i do feel that it is ironical for him to do so.

Is it not the stance of the opposition parties here that the issue is to be anti-PAP, to reduce PAP's dominance rather than to evaluate the quality of their opposition, their leaders and their candidates?

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it not the stance of the opposition parties here that the issue is to be anti-PAP, to reduce PAP's dominance rather than to evaluate the quality of their opposition, their leaders and their candidates?

If election is only abt for PAP or against PAP, why do you tink opposition parties nid to struggle to find candidates to field contest for barely half the seats? Just get any dick or tom to go up the rally stage to declare they are anti pap, no nid to give speeches just wait at home for 9 days and expect to win? :p