• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will you allow your children to explore other religions?

always1600

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good day to all my Buddha brothers here.

It sadden me the whole Buddhism was distorted in this way. There are too many questions here that might takes a laborish effort to explain 1 by 1 in details. I will try in my personal best ability what is require and code of conducts as a Buddhist in my own description & understanding.

I'm still the learning one and i hope i can attain profound responses I can learn further and abstain from unkind comments in our genuine discussion.

1) Addressing a person, Buddha, is my upmost respect to everyone.

2) Addressing a question is not to frown upon as defensive and ignorance of a subject BUT to
gain a receptive understanding between THE TEACHING and EXECUTING THE TEACHING in
my humble opinions.

3) Claiming who's GOD is great, powerful and authentic is never in my mind as a devotee
because Buddhism is about rediscover who am I, why am I here and where am I going.
Understanding:
a) KARMA. What is my destiny, how to attain 'Merit' and abstain 'Demerit' points. *
b) CAUSE & EFFECT. How to attain good cause and receive good effect.
c) ANGER. I still find it real difficult to control till today, to be honest.
d) LIES (Harmful & Harmless). We tell lies everyday, agree?
In Business. In Love. In Life. Everyone tell lies everyday.
example; What will a Doctor tells a Dying Patient about his/her critical condition?
e) GREED. Earning more money, buy a bigger house, provide a better living lifestyle for
myself and my family, am I being GREEDY or DILIGENT?
Where is the acceptance defining line?
f) RESENTMENT. Is in our subconscious mind all the time if we are unable to control.
g) WISDOM. Will help segregate what you perceive Right is Wrong and Wrong is Right.
h) AND MANY MORE (my apologies if I've left out any)

* just a metaphor

4) Sutras has been written, re-written and further revised since 2,500 years ago (approx.) till
today, from edition 1 to new edition to newer edition. From stone craving to writing on
bamboo to paper..etc.
Do i find it pure & authentic, NO! That's my own opinion.
THAT'S the problem in today's teaching.

5) I have my fair share of unfortunate events in my life. My fair share of being a rebellious
distasteful brat. I've been searching for answers, from a Free Thinker to Christianity to
Hinduism and finally find PEACE in Buddhism.

That's my humble opinions in this article.

Let's move on further and share some of my parables collections;

A) Did the Emperor Qin Shi Huang who built the Great Wall of China deserved to go
'Heaven' or 'Hell'?
For Free-Thinker bros, to give 'Credit' or 'Condemn'?
My humble opinion: Heaven.

As mentioned again. this article were meant for genuine discussion and not to mock at anyone.

Namo Amitabha!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good day to all my Buddha brothers here.

It sadden me the whole Buddhism was distorted in this way. There are too many questions here that might takes a laborish effort to explain 1 by 1 in details. I will try in my personal best ability what is require and code of conducts as a Buddhist in my own description & understanding.

I'm still the learning one and i hope i can attain profound responses I can learn further and abstain from unkind comments in our genuine discussion.

1) Addressing a person, Buddha, is my upmost respect to everyone.

2) Addressing a question is not to frown upon as defensive and ignorance of a subject BUT to
gain a receptive understanding between THE TEACHING and EXECUTING THE TEACHING in
my humble opinions.

3) Claiming who's GOD is great, powerful and authentic is never in my mind as a devotee
because Buddhism is about rediscover who am I, why am I here and where am I going.
Understanding:
a) KARMA. What is my destiny, how to attain 'Merit' and abstain 'Demerit' points. *
b) CAUSE & EFFECT. How to attain good cause and receive good effect.
c) ANGER. I still find it real difficult to control till today, to be honest.
d) LIES (Harmful & Harmless). We tell lies everyday, agree?
In Business. In Love. In Life. Everyone tell lies everyday.
example; What will a Doctor tells a Dying Patient about his/her critical condition?
e) GREED. Earning more money, buy a bigger house, provide a better living lifestyle for
myself and my family, am I being GREEDY or DILIGENT?
Where is the acceptance defining line?
f) RESENTMENT. Is in our subconscious mind all the time if we are unable to control.
g) WISDOM. Will help segregate what you perceive Right is Wrong and Wrong is Right.
h) AND MANY MORE (my apologies if I've left out any)

* just a metaphor

4) Sutras has been written, re-written and further revised since 2,500 years ago (approx.) till
today, from edition 1 to new edition to newer edition. From stone craving to writing on
bamboo to paper..etc.
Do i find it pure & authentic, NO! That's my own opinion.
THAT'S the problem in today's teaching.

5) I have my fair share of unfortunate events in my life. My fair share of being a rebellious
distasteful brat. I've been searching for answers, from a Free Thinker to Christianity to
Hinduism and finally find PEACE in Buddhism.

That's my humble opinions in this article.

Let's move on further and share some of my parables collections;

A) Did the Emperor Qin Shi Huang who built the Great Wall of China deserved to go
'Heaven' or 'Hell'?
For Free-Thinker bros, to give 'Credit' or 'Condemn'?
My humble opinion: Heaven.

As mentioned again. this article were meant for genuine discussion and not to mock at anyone.

Namo Amitabha!

thankyou bro for your honesty ..i hope other religion also like you ...we discuss it in a logical ways instead of running around in circles . thankyou once again .

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
thankyou bro for your honesty ..i hope other religion also like you ...we discuss it in a logical ways instead of running around in circles . thankyou once again .

You certainly argue in circles, you even claim to be God.

always1600

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Big thanks to you instead, Buddha Drifter.

For allowing me the opportunities to share with you and the rest. I'm ready to share my humble knowledge to the fullest in my best ability in clearing any misleading info regarding Buddhism.

My sincere apologies, on behalf of my fellow devotees, if I can be of any help to clear your doubts, feel free to address the issue here.

Namo Amitahba.

always1600

Alfrescian
Loyal
You certainly argue in circles, you even claim to be God.

Buddha Kinana

I sense your resentment toward Buddha Drifter. You're creating more misery on yourself and others only. Lay your ego down and discuss like all gentlemen do.

Raise a respectable issue will greet with a respectable reply (Cause & Effect - i mentioned earlier).
It's so simple.

May I ask, are you a Christian?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A Big thanks to you instead, Buddha Drifter.

For allowing me the opportunities to share with you and the rest. I'm ready to share my humble knowledge to the fullest in my best ability in clearing any misleading info regarding Buddhism.

My sincere apologies, on behalf of my fellow devotees, if I can be of any help to clear your doubts, feel free to address the issue here.

Namo Amitahba.

theres nothing to be sorry about bro ...we are all learning and sharing view in an adult way . sometimes its ok to say we dont know in certain things instead of saying i know everything or my religion have the answer to everything .

B

Baluku

you call everybody buddha.

don't you feel the term have been cheapen by you?

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Buddha Baluku

Cheapen? Not at all.

"HE WHO TEACHES IS A BUDDHA"

Namo Amitahba

You are wrong already!

Buddha:The name given to one who rediscovers for himself the liberating path of Dhamma, after a long period of its having been forgotten by the world. According to tradition, a long line of Buddhas stretches off into the distant past.

"HE WHO TEACHES IS A BUDDHA"? wrong! He who teaches is a Samma Sambuddhassa.

Mind you there are also Buddhas who dun teach. These buddhas are called the paccekabuddhas.

paccekabuddha:Private Buddha. One who, like a Buddha, has gained Awakening without the benefit of a teacher, but who lacks the requisite store of pāramīs to teach others the practice that leads to Awakening. On attaining the goal, a paccekabuddha lives a solitary life.

Pls! Do not address me as buddha this / buddha that in your next reply. If you want, please use the term "Avuso". Its much more befitting.

Btw, amitabha is not a buddha if based on what was being described in the pureland in the amitabha sutta.

You are a Mahayanist? I'd suggest you study the Prajna paramita sutta. Although this sutta is written by Venerable Nargajurna, it is a very compacted teachings of and about the buddha. You'll be surprised its composed to refute some "dreaming" monks.:wink:

always1600

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you, Avuso Hahahaman

Thanks for sharing. I've learned another new thing.

Yes, I am a Mahayanist. Will study the sutta you recommended.

阿弥陀佛

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prajna paramita sutta <-- agreed, but i do not fully understand what it is trying to say till i finished studying digha nikaya. then i realised the author is trying to summarise the main points of the suttana pikaya

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prajna paramita sutta <-- agreed, but i do not fully understand what it is trying to say till i finished studying digha nikaya. then i realised the author is trying to summarise the main points of the suttana pikaya

Scientist (???) Rojak,

So you have finished your 'project'? You shaking legs now?

You are right....many things you don't understand!

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one topic that will never ever have a conclusion. The fact remains that no one can ever prove the existence or non-existence of God.
By the same token, we can never be sure of the accuracy of Darwin's theory. It is just a theory with many assumptions thrown in, no matter how scientific it sounds. Even fossil finds that are purportedly from millions of years ago are at best conclusions drawn from scientific tests that may or may not be as accurate as we wish it to be (unless we can go back in time)
The mere fact that there are atheists and then there are people of many religions shows 1 thing. Belief is a personal choice shaped by many factors.
Therefore, there is no need to get worked up over differences in our beliefs. Why then does it inevitably turn ugly? The reason is simple. It's all about ego and pride. We simply wont tolerate another person telling us that we have been wrong in our choice of beliefs! Minus the pride and ego and we'll have peace. Cheers

always1600

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one topic that will never ever have a conclusion. The fact remains that no one can ever prove the existence or non-existence of God.
By the same token, we can never be sure of the accuracy of Darwin's theory. It is just a theory with many assumptions thrown in, no matter how scientific it sounds. Even fossil finds that are purportedly from millions of years ago are at best conclusions drawn from scientific tests that may or may not be as accurate as we wish it to be (unless we can go back in time)
The mere fact that there are atheists and then there are people of many religions shows 1 thing. Belief is a personal choice shaped by many factors.
Therefore, there is no need to get worked up over differences in our beliefs. Why then does it inevitably turn ugly? The reason is simple. It's all about ego and pride. We simply wont tolerate another person telling us that we have been wrong in our choice of beliefs! Minus the pride and ego and we'll have peace. Cheers

Well said! Ego is the main Killer.

Those who knew much know little.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said! Ego is the main Killer.

Those who knew much know little.

It is interesting to note from the words of King Solomon in Ecclessiates 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. This verse tells us that worldly knowledge can only bring grief and sorrow.

Wordly nowledge is only useful when you applied to improve the lives of people. Sadly, the opposite normally the case. People use the knowledge to harm others and in the process to harm themselves.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The original Buddha never taught "放生" as a practice.

This is not true. There are many instances of lay followers who enjoy the household life as described in numerous Pali suttas, the most famous of which is the wealthy householder Anathapindika.

Personally, I think Tibetan Buddhism is a load of crap. Why let a load of crap cloud your perception?

if buddha never taught "放生" as a practice. then we devotees do that ? again like all religion ...devotees or followers like to add on their own version of teaching ?

why let Tibetan Buddhism cloud my perception ? because i have been to tibet and i can see how stupid and delusion those devotees is ...even thai buddhisum is stupid . do you know that abortion is illegal in thailand ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Scientist (???) Rojak,

So you have finished your 'project'? You shaking legs now?

You are right....many things you don't understand!

and you think all the things in the world you understand ? everything you dont understand you just refer to god ? how smart of you :wink:

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Prajna Parimita sutta. What was your impression of the bodhisatta avalokitesvara when you first read it?

Last edited:

tuttifruiti

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is interesting to note from the words of King Solomon in Ecclessiates 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. This verse tells us that worldly knowledge can only bring grief and sorrow.

Wordly nowledge is only useful when you applied to improve the lives of people. Sadly, the opposite normally the case. People use the knowledge to harm others and in the process to harm themselves.

Stop quoting from that book!!! make it so easy to shoot you down. dont anyhow use verses if you not good. come, let ex-pastor's son teach you.

proverbs 18:15 An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.

proverbs 2:10 For wisdom will come into your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;

learn to use bible verses before spewing them out from your mouth. thanks