• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will you allow your children to explore other religions?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The original Buddha never taught "放生" as a practice.

This is not true. There are many instances of lay followers who enjoy the household life as described in numerous Pali suttas, the most famous of which is the wealthy householder Anathapindika.

Personally, I think Tibetan Buddhism is a load of crap. Why let a load of crap cloud your perception?

if Buddha never taught "放生" as a practice why so many devotees do that on vesak day ?

"This is not true. There are many instances of lay followers who enjoy the household life as described in numerous Pali suttas, the most famous of which is the wealthy householder Anathapindika "

so why monk talk about no matter how rich you are end of the day when you die , you die with nothing .because buddha give up his prince duty ?

"Personally, I think Tibetan Buddhism is a load of crap. Why let a load of crap cloud your perception "

my friend , not only tibetan buddisum is crap ...thailand buddhisum also crap..alot of poor thai become monk because its the only way they can find free food . i stay in thai for 2 years and i know whats going on in thailand buddisum too .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ahahahahahahah................... Drifter and frens don't even know that amitaba is not a person.

cheers

show me which post that i said amitaba is not a person or is a person . :wink: you are seeing things and hearing voices again ...:wink: ..please post more and let me have fun with you idiot . :wink:

Last edited:
B

Baluku

Why explore other religions if you know you have found the best for your kids?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
for monk ? then why did the monk use it to teach buddha followers ?

those monks are cock then if they are using those content to teach as they are targetting the wrong audience (seriously many i know do not read the pali canon and are not well educated in it). dun believe you can go re-read those text yourself, see the intro when he is teaching lay followers and the monks. he teaches different things, unless in setting where he is converting the lay to monkhood.

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
ahahahahahahah................... Drifter and frens don't even know that amitaba is not a person.

cheers
i am well versed in both mahayana and theravada, both side as its own share of rubbish but mahayana took the cake. this idiot indeed do not exist and is just a stupid fairy tale made by clowns a few hundred of years later. he is as good as your stupid god, non existence.

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes , buddhist give food to everyone ..including those who dont deserve it . theres many lazy ppl around . you rather give him a fish rather then teach him how to fish ? dont help ppl blindly they will take advantage of you . i have learn my lesson on that . thats why you guys never think some ppl will abuse the system being that alone will encourage ppl to abuse it . a right is a right a wrong is a wrong ..it is wrong to steal money even if you steal it and give it to those who needed it . period .

will any rich abuse this charitable system? yes , there is . many rich man drive BMW to get free food from temples .

of course we must help any human being on this earth if they really deserved our help . i have done alot of volunteer works in japan without having to go through any charity or religious organazation . and we dont expect when we die we go heaven because of that . we help because them just because its for mankind and not to get any tickets to heaven . most of those religious ppl wanted rewards so that they do good ...i think thats fucking disgusting .

bloody agree bro, in fact there is a study on it. most religious people do good out of fear and the desire for future rewards. and those non religious really do it cos they feel there is a need.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Definitely not from a stranger like you! :biggrin:

so you know god well ? you can see him ? you can send message to him ? you are not talking sense again :wink: god is a strange too an invisible stranger whahahahaha...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bloody agree bro, in fact there is a study on it. most religious people do good out of fear and the desire for future rewards. and those non religious really do it cos they feel there is a need.

bro , we do good because we are living around humans ..that reason alone is good enough to do good .

B

Baluku

Well you could also say non religious people do good for their own self interests like publicity.

Or self glorification. Who really got time to scrutinize if every requests for help is genuine?

Dont be upset if you feel you are being taken adavantage of.

Sometimes is good to be in such situation you become wiser later.

If money can buy wisdom i think this is a good deal.

Now we return to the same problem like doing things to get a reward.

Even non religious people have the same problem.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
those monks are cock then if they are using those content to teach as they are targetting the wrong audience (seriously many i know do not read the pali canon and are not well educated in it). dun believe you can go re-read those text yourself, see the intro when he is teaching lay followers and the monks. he teaches different things, unless in setting where he is converting the lay to monkhood.

thankyou bro...i still have the book , but i must go and find it .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well you could also say non religious people do good for their own self interests like publicity.

Or self glorification. Who really got time to scrutinize if every requests for help is genuine?

Dont be upset if you feel you are being taken adavantage of.

Sometimes is good to be in such situation you become wiser later.

If money can buy wisdom i think this is a good deal.

Now we return to the same problem like doing things to get a reward.

Even non religious people have the same problem.

what publicity you talking about ? im not a famous actor . i dont use my company name to do good . of course i cant everyday do charity work cause i have my own biz to take care .

" Dont be upset if you feel you are being taken adavantage of " .

you mean when you give $100 to a person and the next day he come knocking on your door asking for $1000 and you give ? the day after he come back and ask for 10k you also give ? like that hor , give me your number , i need money :wink:

B

Baluku

bro , we do good because we are living around humans ..that reason alone is good enough to do good .

Like you said by giving money to the people is not enough to help them. You must teach them to learn to be able to stand on their two feet.

Same for people who are told about the good news from the bible.

People can be helped spiritually if they know about the Jesus and God.

God gave them strenght in times of adversity like dying with cancer and help them to overcome with fear and pains.

Isnt this better if not equally good as doing good for your fellow men?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

thats why there are different rewards after you die for different religion :wink:

B

Baluku

There must be a motivation for any men to do things.

If they say there is none. He must be lying.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Like you said by giving money to the people is not enough to help them. You must teach them to learn to be able to stand on their two feet.

Same for people who are told about the good news from the bible.

People can be helped spiritually if they know about the Jesus and God.

God gave them strenght in times of adversity like dying with cancer and help them to overcome with fear and pains.

Isnt this better if not equally good as doing good for your fellow men?

god do not give them strength ...god give them empty promises :wink: its like lying to sick childrens .

" Like you said by giving money to the people is not enough to help them. You must teach them to learn to be able to stand on their two feet. Same for people who are told about the good news from the bible " .

my friend , you mean give them bible is standing on their two feet ? i said its depending on a storybook that dont make sense at all ..its relying on a story book ...for fuck sake . :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There must be a motivation for any men to do things.

If they say there is none. He must be lying.

thats what you christains think . but its ok because you guys also assume alot of things that do not make any sense at all .