• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will Chen Show Mao resign from WP?

byleftcan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, but your reading is wayyyyy off. You are over-extrapolating. A media conference of 4 folks obviously cannot containing every single person of importance. As long as the top 2 are present, I don't see how you can read anything else into the others.

WP too small for CSM? Then he should join the next largest party, which is PAP? If CSM is a big figure as you claim shouldn'd he be flexing his muscle to pull in more folks and make WP even larger?

Wait for it, the next conspiracy theory would be the body language between LTK and SL during the conference and that SL is planning a coup in WP because LTK did not manage his protege well enough and it resulted in YSL being what he is today.

waterloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
scroobal,

So you were referring to me in your previous discussion. You should just name me openly instead of trying to sound cryptic to appear smart. I didn't get it until I read your reply in this discussion. I am surprised. I declare to you I have no intentions to downplay WP.

I copied my response about the Chinese press below. In that response, I highlighted how the Chinese papers raised CSM's profile greatly and that delighted the Chinese educated which indirectly boosted WP's profile and that is good for the political scene. But instead of touching on the Chinese points, you went on about Alan Chan.

So you are telling the brothers here that only the things you said is the gospel while other brothers cannot share their views or opinions.

I asked you once whether you are a former civil servant or whether you worked in the civil service because I abhor people who worked or benefited from the organisation yet bad mouthed the organisation they've benefited when they leave. If you are not happy with the organisation, leave the organisation. Stop drawing the organisation's salary, or worse, drawing their pensions. You then went on to say you never leeched on the country and then you went on to share how much aunty gossip you knew to boost your own ego. So all these gossip and skeletons could make the country stronger.

Bro, feel free to write and comment freely. Its good to share what you know and exchange of knowledge can only make this country stronger. You won't be offending anyone

I have not identified myself or hopefully not given any clues in order to continue to write freely. You will have to take my word when I say that I have never leached on this country and the system. The other thing is do not assume that it all came from one single source. Sadly there must be hundred others in this forum who know many other important details but are so afraid of their own shadows. An outcome of the PAP system of fear, intimidation and the spectre of possible financial ruin.

When CSM candidature was first revealed, there was a bit of misinformation that came with it in regards to his failure to get admission to Medicine in NUS. I pointed out the error. Others thought I was slandering the guy. They eventually dropped the claim and when the press asked him, he told the truth which was not the same as what was first bandied around. The point that I making is that falsehhood, rubbish etc are not the preserve of the PAP. It best to point out these. things early. I crucified YSL for asking people to vote the opposition in his rally but went on to vote for PAP in his own ward. He is a confused idiot and recent events point that out.

PAP however will get the most attention as they are the govt of the day and have enough skeletons in their cup board despite their continous claim that they are whiter than white. When TT Durai was running his show and sued Archie Ong for claiming that he was travelling 1st class in SIA, not a single soul from SIA dare point out the error. The Cabin crew knew, the pilots knew, the senior management knew yet because the Ex PM's and present PM's wife were keen supporters, no one dare intervene. The saddest part is the lawyer and his firm who represented TT knew full well that it was a lie. The entire board knew it was a lie. Even Press "hero" Balji knew as he flew 1st class at NKF expense. They were milking the ignorant masses, having a ball of a time and yet only 10 cents of each dollar donated went to the intended receipients.

NKF had a DS from MOH on its board, Lim Hng Kiang as Minister of MOH defended NKF when an NMP pointed out that charges did seem right and sought answers.

The most important thing here is credibility of the message and the messenger and the track record overtime. Have been here for 13 years.

There are couple of points that I would like to make. You seem to associate the civil service and the Govt of the day which in this case is the PAP. They are two fundamentally separate institutions but I do concede that politicisation has taken place to some extent. There are some oustanding people on both sides of the fence and the are also some equally abominable set of people.

I believe you don't read the Chinese papers - Zaobao and the evening Chinese papers. Although the Chinese Bureau is under SPH, I believe they are not entirely under the control of Chua, as you've previously implied.

Chen Show Mao's excellent chinese maiden speech in parliament captured the attention of the Chinese educated. As a result of that speech, the Chinese papers reported Chen's speech prominently for a few days with tones of support for Chen (In contrast, the English Press is muted on Chen's speech). The Chinese generally have some displeasure that the Chinese language & culture was neglected. Chen's refreshing maiden Chinese speech revived the Chinese pride among the Chinese. The Chinese evening papers have also reported on Chen's speech prominently, followed up by comments from the public and Chinese columnists displayed veiled support for Chen.

Back to the Chinese papers, it is the same Chinese papers which reported Yaw's scandal prominently.

I do not find this strange, neither I agree with your insinuation that Chua (as an English Political Editor) has control over the Chinese Bureau. The support of Chen vs the bashing of Yaw's infidellity in the Chinese papers is an indication that traditional Chinese values are much well-regarded in Singapore.

But, the same Chinese papers did not report on Shanmugam's scandal. Perhaps you could drop a note to the Chinese papers ad tell them what you know and we will see the partisan of the Chinese papers.

It is the same Chinese pride which caused LHL stand out to defend then Education Minister Ng Eng Heng over the Mother Tongue (Chinese) policies.

SPH is one single entity. Everything folds into Alan Chan. Prior to Alan, the executive chairman was first S R Nathan and then Tjong Yik Ming, 2 previous ISD chiefs.

One fine day, old called the CEO ( a white man) and the then chairman of SPH to the Istana and expressed the displeasure on how the press was doing "investigative journalism". He told them to find a solution and come back to him. Peter Lim who was then the Editor in Chief suggested Nathan as a mentor and guide.

Old man went one better by calling the 2 chaps back and told them to ask the Board to extend an invitation to Nathan to become the Executive Chairman. Things changed since that day.

Alan Chan was his PPS.

He is not extra-polating anything but dishonestly and intentionally framing the picture to drag CSM into something as an individual he has nothing to answer. Note he is stll insisting that CSM has to be there. Ignore the politeness.

When I explained that SPH is a single organisation and that Alan Chan was political appointment to provide control and direction, he still went on about Chua Lee Hoong who is unable to control the Chinese press which nobody suggested in the first place.

Despite the excessive courtesy displayed, just keep an eye on the dripping slime. After the SPH discussion, I was watching and true to form the CSM resignation header popped up.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have not identified myself or hopefully not given any clues in order to continue to write freely.
hahaha.....if so scared.....then don't bull shit so much.....
oh...i kuku lah.....the bull shitting is done on purpose to prevent giving the identity away.....LOL.
lidat win already lah.

Last edited:

paulhong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The papers said that the CEC decision to expel Yaw is not unanimous and CSM refused to comment on the matter. :(

So the question is, who were the CEC members who objected to Yaw's expulsion? :(

Last edited:

TheFootballer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The papers said that the CEC decision to expel Yaw is not unanimous and CSM refused to comment on the matter. :(

So the question is, who were the CEC members who objected to Yaw's expulsion? :(

The first time I heard this man spoke during rally. I worried. Such a talent wasted.
After following the negativities on him from almost everyone, I managed to sigh a breath of relief for him.
Different times now and it requires different virtues. One that has them all, will not worry. Patience is one of them.
watch how cowboys hurry to shoot their feet and run to cowgrannies.

Last edited:

chiakapon

Not being present at the WP press conference does not imply that CSM did not support the WP's decision for sacking Yaw or he has been habouring a thought of resigning from WP.. As CSM is not in media commitee or a WP spokeman he does not need to be present at every press conference WP holds. As the saying goes "its better to speak when he is spoken to" may augurs well for him

waterloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSM broke the silence and say he will do more for Aljunied as reported in the Chinese evening papers few days ago.

Not being present at the WP press conference does not imply that CSM did not support the WP's decision for sacking Yaw or he has been habouring a thought of resigning from WP.. As CSM is not in media commitee or a WP spokeman he does not need to be present at every press conference WP holds. As the saying goes "its better to speak when he is spoken to" may augurs well for him

Last edited: