• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Why would the PAP import this kind of stupid FT teachers from US?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe Trump will take sinkapore in as the newest state of the Union. After all Trump would like to govern the same way as PAP does. And sinkees are more obedient as Americans. With the electoral votes from sinkapore state, Trump could win a second term.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
YES and that is because English is NOT our fucking cultural, ancestral, whatever you might want to use, language. And it makes me laugh every time I see sinkies proclaiming they are English native speakers to Ang moh they are so shameless and ignorant of how bad they sound. They all sound like caricatures.,

I use it to communicate with low class specimens at an unemotional utilitarian level who don't have the intellect to master my cultural mother tongues (a few Han languages)

Its not sinkies that proclaim it. Its the PAP. They have been promoting zikapore as an english speaking country for decades now, and use this to attract MNCs and start the banking centre. I can understand if South Korea or japan imports these angmo morons to teach in their country. After all, they are not native english speakers nor do they pretend to be. But when u are the PAP and claim that u are an english speaking country, then it looks pretty foolish to import an angmo english teacher, because they have just contradicted themselves.

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its not sinkies that proclaim it. Its the PAP. They have been promoting zikapore as an english speaking country for decades now, and use this to attract MNCs and start the banking centre. I can understand if South Korea or japan imports these angmo morons to teach in their country. After all, they are not native english speakers nor do they pretend to be. But when u are the PAP and claim that u are an english speaking country, then it looks pretty foolish to import an angmo english teacher, because they have just contradicted themselves.

PAP promotion is English is the business language, like HK whose business language is also English. You don't know the difference between business and cultural, I can't help you, only you increasing your IQ (try fish oil) might. You SPECIFICALLY said "cultural" so there's no room for anybody to twist that there was a misunderstanding. What a turd brain to anybody with an average IQ and above, they probably even suspect you don't live in Singapore otherwise must be deaf plus blind from the time you were born to now.

Last edited:

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only a frog in the well whose travels and time spent outside a microstate island is limited to Batam and books read limited to the "Bookworm collection", "town council newsletter" and the cerebral "The New Paper" would actually believe and proclaim that Singapore's culture and cultural language is English/Anglo Saxon

Last edited:

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you ever have a chance after striking Toto of visiting New England or British Columbia (both of which are not in England by the way) yes that may come close to the description.

And you also clearly have never talked to native English speakers before. Not for long at least. Probably in your short interactions when they buy satay (or some Malay food) from your stall.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
But when u are the PAP and claim that u are an english speaking country, then it looks pretty foolish to import an angmo english teacher, because they have just contradicted themselves.
As I'd written in a previous post, both the UK and USA don't recognise your country to be native English speaking. Logically it means that the Sinkie gabrament has been misleading its citizens for many decades, which is nothing new to me.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP promotion is English is the business language, like HK whose business language is also English.

If what you've written is correct and logical, why does the Sinkie gabrament force every student, from primary school to university level, to adopt English as the medium of instruction? Not every Sinkie wish to do business with English-speaking people. And certainly not every Sinkie aspires to be a businessman.

My grandchildren don't wish to do business with English-speaking people and only wish to do business with Ah Tiongs and Ah Nehs. Can they ask for Mandarin Chinese and Hindi be the mediums of instruction in schools? Can or not?

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's not an English expression.

I knew that. I'm a Chinese culture and history connoisseur plus chauvinist. Of course I know the origins of that.
It's funny you made the comment as if you believed that English has any kind of superiority which I thought from my previous postings anybody with any brains know it doesn't fly with me.

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal
If what you've written is correct and logical, why does the Sinkie gabrament force every student, from primary school to university level, to adopt English as the medium of instruction? Not every Sinkie wish to do business with English-speaking people. And certainly not every Sinkie aspires to be a businessman.

My grandchildren don't wish to do business with English-speaking people and only wish to do business with Ah Tiongs and Ah Nehs. Can they ask for Mandarin Chinese and Hindi be the mediums of instruction in schools? Can or not?

Business language does not mean the language used when you are your own towkay only. Are you like some kind of uneducated peasant that you don't know what business language means?!

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I'd written in a previous post, both the UK and USA don't recognise your country to be native English speaking. Logically it means that the Sinkie gabrament has been misleading its citizens for many decades, which is nothing new to me.

No one who has ever lived in an English native speaking country would think Singapore is an English native speaking country. In fact, any intelligent perceptive person who enjoys the opportunity to live in any country which is a native user of any language, with a strong single language culture dominating the society (examples would include China, Taiwan, HK, France, Italy, Poland) would come away discerning how native speakers are like and what standard we are talking about. Of course generally the average sinkie doesn't have the requisite perceptiveness and rationalization abilities. Most just live and waste away as "zombies" without a clue. This is largely caused by the education system and also related to the first two decades of independence when LKY terrorized the people into submission. For many, ceasing to think was a kind of defense mechanism to survive. All that contribute to shaping the kind of culture and thinking of a people.

Last edited:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Business language does not mean the language used when you are your own towkay only. Are you like some kind of uneducated peasant that you don't know what business language means?!

Yes, I'm an uneducated peasant. I admit I don't have university degrees or even A-levels. My highest qualification is O-levels with 2 passes.

What's your definition of business language? Please explain clearly because (1) I'm an uneducated peasant and (2) my Engrish is not as powderful as you

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
PAP promotion is English is the business language, like HK whose business language is also English. You don't know the difference between business and cultural, I can't help you, only you increasing your IQ (try fish oil) might. You SPECIFICALLY said "cultural" so there's no room for anybody to twist that there was a misunderstanding. What a turd brain to anybody with an average IQ and above, they probably even suspect you don't live in Singapore otherwise must be deaf plus blind from the time you were born to now.

Ok, let me explain something to a stupid asshole like you. PAP is not promoting singapore as a Business english country. Its promoting singapore as an english speaking country. If you really live in singapore, then you see it all around you. The top selling newspaper is an English one. The top TV shows and TV channels are English as is the top radio station. Announcements in MRT stations are made in english. Every where, people speak english, it may be some form of pidgin for the lower caste peasants, but its english nontheless. For a large demographic of singaporeans, and even for some flat dwelling singaporeans, they speak very good english with some singlish accent, and are poor speakers of Mandarin, and other chinese dialects. Their mother tongue is english, and a large percentage were educated overseas in US, UK and Canada. U cannot say the same for other Asian countries like China and japan and Korea, where all the signs are in their native language. In some of those countries, you will struggle to find someone that can speak even rudimentary english. If you have to ask directions in Seoul and Tokyo, you will be hard pressed to find someone that can speak english. this is not the case in singapore. Every body speaks it. The fact that you are communicating with me in english in this singapore affairs forum already proves what I said. Unless u are too stupid to see it. U will not find a current affairs or anti govt forum in Korea or Japan entirely communicated in english.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you as a country claim to be English speaking and that english is the business and cultural language here, and that you follow the UK exam system and education system, then you have to ask the question of why the fuck are we letting in FT to teach english? If parents want their kids to learn the proper way to speak english, they should send them to the UK. One idiot teaching english here makes no difference to these kids if they are surrounded mats, indians, etc. u want to speak and learn proper english, then you should immerse your kids in a real english culture and send them overseas. Otherwise, assholes like this american is coming here to steal a singaporean job.

LHL wants to improve upon our Engrish............... look at the way it is spoken in SAF!!!

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal
LHL wants to improve upon our Engrish............... look at the way it is spoken in SAF!!!

Errr not just SAF. Its bad everywhere in the offices. Listening to work/office presentations by sinkies sends shivers down my spine.
Anyway English is NOT our native language. So it does not matter. As it stands, HK is richer than SG.
It was purely a propaganda tool by PAP/LKY for political agenda.

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I'm an uneducated peasant. I admit I don't have university degrees or even A-levels. My highest qualification is O-levels with 2 passes.

What's your definition of business language? Please explain clearly because (1) I'm an uneducated peasant and (2) my Engrish is not as powderful as you

Business language is the language used in government/business dealings; especially government. IN FACT, before the 80s/90s and the advent of more globalization, business language is more Chinese than English. Why? Because Chinese owns practically all the businesses.

How can English be the cultural language unless you are fucking deluded, if you even step out of your flat everyday, take the lift down and other people like CHINESE who make up 75% of the population use the lift, go to the kopitiam nearby for any meal, sit at the bus stop, unless you are a zombie who is DEAF who the fuck would claim that English is the CULTURAL language of Singapore? Hahahahahaha! Stop dreaming ROP. Maybe it is the cultural language of PAP but not Singapore.

Last edited:

Justmythots

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, let me explain something to a stupid asshole like you. PAP is not promoting singapore as a Business english country. Its promoting singapore as an english speaking country. If you really live in singapore, then you see it all around you. The top selling newspaper is an English one. The top TV shows and TV channels are English as is the top radio station

Stop talking out of your ass.
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/entertainment/mediacorp-radio-stations/2878008.html
In a media release on Thursday (Jun 16), Mediacorp said it continues to account for the majority of the most-listened-to radio stations each week.

According to the survey, Mediacorp’s three Chinese stations were still the top three most-listened-to stations. LOVE 97.2FM held the No 1 spot for the third wave in a row, with a listenership of 19.4 per cent. Taking second and third places were YES 933 and CAPITAL 95.8FM with listenership of 18.5 per cent and 17.3 per cent, respectively.

TV is engrish ah?? Its our culture ah? Is that why Channel 8 is the first and only station that self produced own shows from long ago since the 1970s anybody here dunno WuSuo NanYang. When did Channel 5 start anything? LATE 1990s maybe? Look at the fucking quality, efforts, investments, payback put in Channel 8 since independence and Channel 5. Channel 5 lei what a joke ahhahahahah song boh? it is a joke. Eh what you are trying to convince is a fucking joke. I am not the only one laughhing. Who are the most famous actors and actresses from Singapore? Where are they froM?? LOL fucking loser toad.
. Announcements in MRT stations are made in english. Every where, people speak english, it may be some form of pidgin for the lower caste peasants, but its english nontheless.
Wrong. MRT announcements are in many languages. For a LONG TIME in fact, they only played English and Mandarin. Only in recent years the lines operated by Comfort Delgro (not SMRT but the smaller MRT player) played four languages. So it was never one language as claimed by you. In fact they did not bother to play malay and tamil - only Chinese for the local Chinese. English for everybody else including ang moh tourists.
For a large demographic of singaporeans, and even for some flat dwelling singaporeans, they speak very good english with some singlish accent, and are poor speakers of Mandarin, and other chinese dialects.
Sorry this description applies to only the Perenakans. Who are a GRAVE MINORITY OF THE TOTAL POPULATION! In fact Perenakans are even less in number than Malays. Hahahah.
Nothing to do with flats or not. Most people living in landed homes are Chinese tow kays. At least more than half with the rest being English ed. One can see from the Chinese decorative red cloths on top of doors in landed estates, every other unit.
Their mother tongue is english, and a large percentage were educated overseas in US, UK and Canada.

First, all my friends were educated overseas for their tertiary education after A levels, that was how I managed to get the fuck out myself. They are bilingual. I would not say their english is ANYWHERE at the standard of native speakers. They are also fluent in Mandarin CONTRARY to your claims. You are really stupid and simple minded. Are you a m&d? You make very amusing broad strokes put everything in two neat boxes, like go overseas so speak english very good and never go overseas speak english very bad. I also know many people who studied in US/UK whose English is not as good as their Chinese. Considering that most of the people who were sent overseas by their parents have Chinese SME tow kay parents, I know for a fact what their demographic and background is. Mother tongue is based on race. You dumbass. Go and ask MOE what Mother Tongue means when you dont know something so simple which all of us who went through 10 years of MOE education would know, just go kill yourself sua. LOL.

I never once said that young Singaporeans cannot speak English but a lot of what you wrote is written as if that is what I said, which goes towards your stupidity, nothing to do with me. You made the claim as though English is supposed to be the language taken for granted as default and spoken like in native countries and it just sounds fucking stupid for anybody who spent any amount of time in US or UK. You must also not have any relatives above 40 years old ah? What a dumb fuck!
U cannot say the same for other Asian countries like China and japan and Korea, where all the signs are in their native language.
First, it is TOTALLY NOT TRUE that signs are only in Chinese, Japanese and Korean especially in the subway stations! You need to travel out of your malay village in Jurong. Refer to this photo of Shanghai. http://goshopshanghai.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/img104620_10.jpg You have no passport ah? Stop going to JB only ah. Now budget airlines allow you to travel cheaply if you stop spending on Marlboro red ciggies.

In some of those countries, you will struggle to find someone that can speak even rudimentary english. If you have to ask directions in Seoul and Tokyo, you will be hard pressed to find someone that can speak english.
There are MANY people in Tokyo and Seoul who can speak *rudimentary* English. Sorry ah Northeast Asian countries is not Indonesia hor. Do you know what rudimentary is? Their English is far less powerful than their native language but they did learn it in school for at least 10 years. That is the meaning of rudimentary. Fool. Same for Taipei, HK, China.

this is not the case in singapore. Every body speaks it.
Everybody????! Wow looks like more than half of the people we know (considering that all of us forummers, we know the population of SG and our own family and we all know what the population big boom is the baby boomers, which generation, and how the population nosedived by after the 80s so I wonder hor, which generations are the ones that are most populous in SG leh)..are non-existent...sure, to stupid fools more than half of the population are non existent. There was an official Singstat govt document that said that people who speak Singlish at home, not English (with your Singaporean pronunciation LOL) are just 30% in 2014. It was much lower in the early 2000s and even lower in the 1990s. Go fucking dig it yourself. Knock yourself with it. Considering that LKY only changed the medium of instruction for MOE primary and secondary curricular to only English as late as late 1970s, considering that Nantah only closed in the 80s, and Nantah is the only Chinese medium university outside of China, and considering majority of ethnic Chinese in Singapore went to the Chinese stream for schooling until the change, someone must be stupid to dream that the current population of Singapore, even majority are composed of ang moh pai people and not the other way around. The population was the greatest in the batches born in the 1950s post WW2 period to 1970s. Just about the time when the change of instruction was made- in the 1980s, he imposed the stop-at-two causing the population to drop sharply. So the time when he made the change, was when the population nosedived. Malays were overtaken by Chinese in numbers and Chinese became the largest race on the island in 1849. Since 1850 to early 1980s, the lingua franca of Singapore most commonly used is easily Hokkien and Teochew. All the rest can stand one side. As recently as the late 70s and 80s even the Indian ah hia in the neighborhoods, can speak Hokkien. In those days, the Chinese not only could speak their own dialect fluently but typically due to neighbors and due to operating our own business, can speak Hokkien, Teochew and Cantonese (from neighbors when we play together) and Mandarin, this last one due to school. Then in the 1980s came the Speak Mandarin Campaign. Engendering a new breed of Singaporean Chinese born after the mid 80s who mainly speak Mandarin and not dialect. And definitely their cultural language switched to Mandarin from dialect and we watch Stephen Chow movies, listen to Andy Lau, Jacky Cheung, watch Maggie Cheung and Cherie Chung movies, watch TVB. You are either a minority talking out of your ass and with an agenda since everything you have spewed is crap and anybody here knows, except you. Everybody else here reading sure knows and can vouch for my exposing you. Or you are one clueless fuck who lives your life bak chew tak stamp.

The fact that you are communicating with me in english in this singapore affairs forum already proves what I said. Unless u are too stupid to see it. U will not find a current affairs or anti govt forum in Korea or Japan entirely communicated in english.
That is because we met in an English forum you dumb ass. There are internet forums in other languages that Singaporeans go to. For eg do you know that a huge segment of the local population between 40 to 70 use wechat and not whatsapp? Betcha didn't know. So you think just because you met ME in this forum and it is in English it proves anything. OMG you are hilarious. Never studied self-selection before. Also, the online internet penetration rate by age is not even. You are sooooo fucking simple minded and stupid.

Dont talk about the fucking internet and pretend that everybody is online and everybody does the same things. My mother goes online mostly to watch Chinese variety shows like 最强大脑. Zuiqiang Danao and use whatsapp to organize to daily dim sum outings with her ex classmates from Seng Poh. Hhaha sorry but you are such a low IQ fucktard. The litmus test is during elections how the PAP MPs have to grovel in ....you guessed it, Hokkien, once every five years and sing Hokkien songs while grovelling. That is your litmus test you poor low IQ, stop spending so much on cigarettes and motorbikes and start traveling and getting educated.

Last edited: