• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why the new MDA rules won't hurt the PAP

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not about party politics. It's not about the PAP, or the WP, or the SDP.

It's about the entire country being run by a small coterie of interests. There is an inner circle, and I can tell you the inner circle is NOT limited to the PAP. There are PAP leaders, even cabinet ministers, who are not part of this inner circle. There are also people who are completely not associated with the PAP in any way, but are part of this inner circle. Do you think that the large family owned banks, conglomerates, real estate developers are not in this inner circle that is in control?? I shall not name names, but you will notice that LKY and LHL are always at their weddings, funerals and so on. Other peripheral PAP leaders, for instance people like Lui Tuck Yew or Chan Chun Sing, are not part of this elite inner circle.

In any case, to answer your question.

I am a reservist officer holding the appointment of S1 in a NS battalion.

I can openly tell everyone here with no fear whatsoever that if I received an order to open fire on fellow Singaporeans who were peacefully protesting, I would not do it. If I was ordered to use arms to overthrow a democratically elected government (whether I support them or not), I would also not obey the orders. If they want to charge me for insubordination, so be it. I would rather go to prison than have blood on my hands.

However, I can also openly tell everyone here that many of the colleagues who I know from my army days would not share my views. Mainly out of fear and ignorance. They would think that following orders of the "authorities" is right. They are not trained to question the orders. So if they receive orders to kill innocent people, they would assume that those innocent people must be guilty, otherwise the order would not have been given in the first place. Hence, they would just execute the order.

(who are you to say other reservist are that dumb?! Are you what the brain of all a mind reader? You think there is no dissident amongst other soldiers? Eveven recruits have bigger brains and wont shoot their own singaporeans