• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why the Australian Dollar is Worthless

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
$A could sink to $US0.57
TOP News

Wall St seen inching up, eye on earnings
 10:12 PM
Pfizer, Wyeth announce $US68bn merger
 11:00 PM
IMF to cut global growth forecast further
 10:44 AM
Lihir Gold says Papua New Guinea mine shut on disputes
 2:43 PM
Australian housing bubble 'yet to burst'
 11:11 AM

The Spectators

Kohler: MAKE AUSTRALIA WORK
The crisis is just beginning
Gottliebsen: MAKE AUSTRALIA WORK
Repairing massive capital damage
MAKE AUSTRALIA WORK
It's worse than Rudd thinks
Gottliebsen, Bartholomeusz: KGB INTERROGATION: Huang Yiping
WEEKEND ECONOMIST: How bad will it get?

The Australian dollar could fall as low as $US0.57 according to a respected currency strategist.

In a report by The Age, BNP Paribas global head of currency strategy Hans Redeker said doubt surrounding the time of recovery for Asian economies could push the Australian dollar down further over the next six months.

The Australian dollar is currently trading around $US0.655.

Because of Australia's large mining sector, the local currency is substantially influenced by commodity prices.

When the Australian dollar was pushing past $US0.90, Mr Redeker was one of the few commentators forecasting a rapid decline in its value, while the majority of analysts predicted the local unit to reach parity with the US dollar, as quickly expanding Asian economies showed no sign of abating.

The local currency went on to hit $US0.9827, a level not seen in over a quarter of a century, before quickly retreating as commodity prices dived on slowing demand from Asia.

While his estimates were negative for the Australian dollar against the greenback over the next six months, Mr Redeker predicted the euro to weaken substantially in the next quarter to the benefit of the Australian currency.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$A could sink to $US0.57
The Australian dollar is currently trading around $US0.655.

Because of Australia's large mining sector, the local currency is substantially influenced by commodity prices.

When the Australian dollar was pushing past $US0.90, Mr Redeker was one of the few commentators forecasting a rapid decline in its value, while the majority of analysts predicted the local unit to reach parity with the US dollar, as quickly expanding Asian economies showed no sign of abating.

The local currency went on to hit $US0.9827, a level not seen in over a quarter of a century, before quickly retreating as commodity prices dived on slowing demand from Asia.

While his estimates were negative for the Australian dollar against the greenback over the next six months, Mr Redeker predicted the euro to weaken substantially in the next quarter to the benefit of the Australian currency.

If the AUD becomes worthless, it just means that the world is not making new things. Anyway, a prick won't be able to figure this out :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
$A could sink to $US0.57
TOP News

That's great news for Singaporeans. :wink: It makes emigrating to Australia a lot more affordable.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Strange how the US$ is getting stronger and all other currencies (Sing, Euro, Pound and the Aust) is just getting weaker....

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Strange how the US$ is getting stronger and all other currencies (Sing, Euro, Pound and the Aust) is just getting weaker....

No. I suppose it has to happen this way. US Wall Street Opportunists are "buying the rumours, selling the facts" because they know what the Fed Reserves going to do to fund Obama's plan. You figure that out.

:biggrin:

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. I suppose it has to happen this way. US Wall Street Opportunists are "buying the rumours, selling the facts" because they know what the Fed Reserves going to do to fund Obama's plan. You figure that out.

:biggrin:

Jealous Joshie Boy? If America fails, I hate to see what that would do to China and by extension to the land down under. Now what a mess that would be for you.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jealous Joshie Boy? If America fails, I hate to see what that would do to China and by extension to the land down under. Now what a mess that would be for you.

We are already expecting the US to default on their debt obligation.
China do not need US for growth. In fact, China has grown up, it is looking beyond itself as USA's factory because of its rising wages and environmental damage.

You should not be jealous, at least Americans may have more manufacturing jobs returned from China by Obama now, no need to work for Walmart for 3rd World country wages. :biggrin:

But I think you are still jealous - because you still cannot get it. Last time you did not see America in such deep shit, now you still can't see how much shit is dump on your backyard.

I believe those shit in your backyard are from Arsetralia

Joshi virus getting to you? Don't get mad. :cool:

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are already expecting the US to default on their debt obligation.
China do not need US for growth. In fact, China has grown up, it is looking beyond itself as USA's factory because of its rising wages and environmental damage.

You should not be jealous, at least Americans may have more manufacturing jobs returned from China by Obama now, no need to work for Walmart for 3rd World country wages. :biggrin:

But I think you are still jealous - because you still cannot get it. Last time you did not see America in such deep shit, now you still can't see how much shit is dump on your backyard.

I believe those shit in your backyard are from Arsetralia

Joshi virus getting to you? Don't get mad. :cool:

Now now Joshie Boy, I know you are very upset, but really. The moment the whole world starts flinging prices that are even lower than they are now, if thats possible, the Americans will start buying again, and maybe China might recover, possibly. But of course Australia is screwed either way. Australia needs America very badly, Joshie Boy. No wonder Obama is so popular there.

Makes you wanna cry, huh?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now now Joshie Boy, I know you are very upset, but really. The moment the whole world starts flinging prices that are even lower than they are now, if thats possible, the Americans will start buying again, and maybe China might recover, possibly. But of course Australia is screwed either way. Australia needs America very badly, Joshie Boy. No wonder Obama is so popular there.

Makes you wanna cry, huh?

I cry everytime I read your posts, because you cannot afford anything now (even with steep discount cheap cheap cheap) and Joshi virus is incurable. :biggrin:

Buddy, I feel your pain. You can take it out on Arsetralia, but you will just get more shits from subprimes coming out from there. :biggrin:

Jealous?

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cry everytime I read your posts, because you cannot afford anything now (even with steep discount cheap cheap cheap) and Joshi virus is incurable. :biggrin:

Buddy, I feel your pain. You can take it out on Arsetralia, but you will just get more shits from subprimes coming out from there. :biggrin:

Jealous?

Wow Joshie Boy you must be very hot indeed. I understand. Are you angry at America for shutting down your resource industry? Now i see it. 40% taxes, 10% GST and the most expensive costs in the world. Wish you had our prices, huh?

Jealous? I would be.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow Joshie Boy you must be very hot indeed. I understand. Are you angry at America for shutting down your resource industry? Now i see it. 40% taxes, 10% GST and the most expensive costs in the world. Wish you had our prices, huh?

Jealous? I would be.

That explains why you are still awake. Joshi-virus attacking your braincells. :biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jealous? I would be.

Crikey!

I am crying in happiness ... those old SAM forummers who read my posts will know about me buying Gold. Today, I can say ... if I sell my holdings, my profits will make you very very jealous. But I just sold enough to recover some K for my next investment because the gold price may dip a bit after India wedding season over and Chinese new year over.

But wait - I know US will have more bad news in 2009, so just wait for gold price to go up and up before selling. See how long the Fed Reserves will deliberately hold down the gold price.

Anyway eating MacDonalds? Congrats too.

Oh yes. Thanks to Singapore-based banks. Better than Liechenstein or Swiss banks.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Aussie's performance is much worse than expected, especially with RAB rate cuts looming and collapse of the mining sector

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you have posted this to the wrong person.

Poor Joshie Boy is like that.

He gets angry alot.

Once he almost cried when he found out how badly he got ripped off on his Acer laptop.

His name is Josh Ang and he lives in Perth, near my buddy in Mt Lawley.