• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why the Australian Dollar is Worthless

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
$A could sink to $US0.57
TOP News

my analyst juz submitted a report {AUDvsSGD} to me. the historic chart for the past 15yrs - the chances for AUD to go below SGD is 13.8%. Even if it goes below, it is a matter of time to swing upwards.. i'll give it 2 yrs to return to normal.

my analyst is a top advisor from an international big fund mgt firm and he is also a millionaire. So who's report do you believe?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poor Joshie Boy is like that.

He gets angry alot.

Once he almost cried when he found out how badly he got ripped off on his Acer laptop.

His name is Josh Ang and he lives in Perth, near my buddy in Mt Lawley.

You are most welcome. :biggrin:
Call your buddy over to my place.

So that we can have a beer, but you only get Redbull - to calm your nerves. :p

See my house, the tree is blocking my Victorian-style fountain.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&...bp=12,341.91098679244305,,0,-9.66722671608961

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you have posted this to the wrong person.

Double-check, it is the right person. The one who do not dare to respond to my question.

You cannot answer but like to make generalisation that make you appear very very jealous indeed.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your combative and argumentative approach and inability to reason. You are a byproduct of the PAP living overseas.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your combative and argumentative approach and inability to reason. You are a byproduct of the PAP living overseas.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

This sounds like my favourite Eric Clayton's song
Before you accused me, take a look yourself.

Yawn ~ getting out of here. You are not fun.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its clapton. You PAP tend to make mistakes too.

That Joshie Boy for you. Too many mistakes. Like Moving to Arsetralia and paying massive taxes and the highest prices ever

BTW did you see the Australian dollar has crashed to .63?

Ouch!!!!!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That Joshie Boy for you. Too many mistakes. Like Moving to Arsetralia and paying massive taxes and the highest prices ever

Ouch!!!!!

Let the Aussie dollar ~ 'cos you seen nothing yet.

Everytime the AUD falls, Singapore is in deeper shits - until all the reserves is spent! :biggrin:

See what happened to California?

But Singaporeans of course are KEPT IN THE DARK!!!! OTHERWISE PAP IS GONE !!!!!

Ouch!!!!! Ouch!!!!! :biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ozzies need to learn how to control their own backyard

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: The rest of the world wants the USA to control its own backyard :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Watch Bloomberg TV, Americans are pleading with Chinese Premier, Wen Jia Bao, to continue buying US Treasuries. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

World Leader: US or China and Saudi Arabia
Published 7 hours ago, by ■ John Lloyd Scharf

Who has more power to control the world's economy? President Obama and Chairwoman Pelosi of the US or Premier Wen Jaibao and President Hu Jintao of China?

At the end of 2008, China held $900 billion of Treasury bonds. They also held another $550 billion to $600 billion of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae bonds.China holds $150 billion of U.S. corporate bonds, $40 billion of U.S. equities, and $40 billion in short term deposits. The U.S. Treasury is underestimating China's holdings from the U.S.

China’s government is now by far the largest creditor of the United States and the US is their biggest debtor. At one point China was lending $40 billion a month to US borrowers. When has any nation with such a low($6,100, 2008 est.)per capita gross domestic product been willing to loan so a nation with such a high one($48,000 2008 est).

The US is just now becoming fully aware of its internal financial imbalances. The debts of households in consumer and real estate have made the US painfully aware of that. China has financed huge surpluses in production by strict control of exchange rates and maintenance of a foreign trade imbalance in their favor.

Between the control of energy (oil) by OPEC and economics by China, the US does not have the control over its future that Saudi Arabia and China do.

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oz dollar is commonly known as the commodity dollar.

with the low commodity prices, it would corresponding be low. quite normal.
until commodity such as: iron ore, aluminum, copper, minerals, etc goes back up...
the AUD will remain suppressed.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oz dollar is commonly known as the commodity dollar.

with the low commodity prices, it would corresponding be low. quite normal.
until commodity such as: iron ore, aluminum, copper, minerals, etc goes back up...
the AUD will remain suppressed.

Worse, AUD and NZD are used by low-interest rate countries like Japan for carry trade. The problem with carry trade is that once something happen with Oz or Nz or the original country (eg Japan) is that they will withdraw the funds to safety quickly.

That explains the initial dive of the AUD & NZD when the crisis hit. There have been warning for at least 6-7 months about the overvalued AUD and NZD.

Well, that is part of life.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ouch!!!!!

Haiz.. sad.. my wifey juz forced me to kneel bottle caps :( that I should play with currency.. My banker demanded a 100k (50kAUD and 50kSGD) top up.. I left with pennies for the next 6mths !! I could be broke :( I wana return to Spore:rolleyes::smile::wink::o:p:biggrin:

To AUD .. :oIo:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Worse, AUD and NZD are used by low-interest rate countries like Japan for carry trade. The problem with carry trade is that once something happen with Oz or Nz or the original country (eg Japan) is that they will withdraw the funds to safety quickly.

That explains the initial dive of the AUD & NZD when the crisis hit. There have been warning for at least 6-7 months about the overvalued AUD and NZD.

Well, that is part of life.

Its interesting to note the AUD hit .629 today.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yahooo ! They do it for a reason... the exchange rate is favourable for me to bring another bag of gold here ! Yahhhhoooo !

$A could sink to $US0.57
TOP News

Wall St seen inching up, eye on earnings
 10:12 PM
Pfizer, Wyeth announce $US68bn merger
 11:00 PM
IMF to cut global growth forecast further
 10:44 AM
Lihir Gold says Papua New Guinea mine shut on disputes
 2:43 PM
Australian housing bubble 'yet to burst'
 11:11 AM

The Spectators

Kohler: MAKE AUSTRALIA WORK
The crisis is just beginning
Gottliebsen: MAKE AUSTRALIA WORK
Repairing massive capital damage
MAKE AUSTRALIA WORK
It's worse than Rudd thinks
Gottliebsen, Bartholomeusz: KGB INTERROGATION: Huang Yiping
WEEKEND ECONOMIST: How bad will it get?

The Australian dollar could fall as low as $US0.57 according to a respected currency strategist.

In a report by The Age, BNP Paribas global head of currency strategy Hans Redeker said doubt surrounding the time of recovery for Asian economies could push the Australian dollar down further over the next six months.

The Australian dollar is currently trading around $US0.655.

Because of Australia's large mining sector, the local currency is substantially influenced by commodity prices.

When the Australian dollar was pushing past $US0.90, Mr Redeker was one of the few commentators forecasting a rapid decline in its value, while the majority of analysts predicted the local unit to reach parity with the US dollar, as quickly expanding Asian economies showed no sign of abating.

The local currency went on to hit $US0.9827, a level not seen in over a quarter of a century, before quickly retreating as commodity prices dived on slowing demand from Asia.

While his estimates were negative for the Australian dollar against the greenback over the next six months, Mr Redeker predicted the euro to weaken substantially in the next quarter to the benefit of the Australian currency.