• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Thai soldiers got captured

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it weird that a bunch of well-trained soldiers with physical and combat training can be captured by protesters, which I am sure is not stated in their job scope. And I find it quite amusing that they left behind their weapons and vehicles behind for the protesters. I can only guess.

1. The Thai soldiers were "watermelons", sympathetic to the Red shirts cause and hence voluntarily surrendered and to become a show for the red shirts to parade.

2. There were no Thai soldiers, maybe just a bunch of red shirts dressed up as soldiers to humiliate the army.

These are just my thoughts.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
THe soldier also dun want to hurt their own people lah. The Thais are kind and compassionate people, i do understand that a sinkie will not be able to comprehend such high quality character traits.

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
THe soldier also dun want to hurt their own people lah. The Thais are kind and compassionate people, i do understand that a sinkie will not be able to comprehend such high quality character traits.

your statement stings but it is close to the truth.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find it weird that a bunch of well-trained soldiers with physical and combat training can be captured by protesters, which I am sure is not stated in their job scope. And I find it quite amusing that they left behind their weapons and vehicles behind for the protesters. I can only guess.

1. The Thai soldiers were "watermelons", sympathetic to the Red shirts cause and hence voluntarily surrendered and to become a show for the red shirts to parade.

2. There were no Thai soldiers, maybe just a bunch of red shirts dressed up as soldiers to humiliate the army.

thai army also buay song with abigshit mah so purposely surrender lor just like last tum they also fuck care even those red shirts climb into their tanks.:eek:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

thai army also buay song with abigshit mah so purposely surrender lor just like last tum they also fuck care even those red shirts climbed into their tanks they just sat one corner watch show lor.:biggrin:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
the youtube videos already showed those 5 soldiers were hiding in the armoured personnel carrier during the chaos and emerged thinking that everyone had left but saw a sea of red outside, thankfully the red guards protected them...

with the kind of chaos seen on youtube, they can't be blamed for falling to the wrong hands...

yellow people

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is absolute rubbish. Until it happens and proven otherwise it's a load of BS from you. :biggrin:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is absolute rubbish. Until it happens and proven otherwise it's a load of BS from you. :biggrin:

I'm not surprised at all about your reaction.

With Gan Kim yong , Lim Swee Say and the rest of the gang shafting B.S down your throat for so long..

How can anyone expect you to distinguish what is actaul B.S, proven or not proven in your believes

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Same view here, can you do these things to your own people? Much like Kent university protest in USA in the 60s or 70s? WHere the army open fire upon univerity students?

Unlike the '89 tiananmen incident. The troops are of different region, not Hans Chinese. They have no simpaty to the people there. Hardcore war soldiers. If the current thai gov were to deploy such soldiers, there will be plenty of bloodshed by now.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>Unlike the '89 tiananmen incident. The troops are of different region, not Hans Chinese. They have no simpaty to the people there. Hardcore war soldiers. If the current thai gov were to deploy such soldiers, there will be plenty of bloodshed by now.<<

Most of the armies loyalty in China during Tiananman incident are only with their division commander.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have no simpaty to the people there. Hardcore war soldiers. If the current thai gov were to deploy such soldiers, there will be plenty of bloodshed by now.

Not quite, no matter what_ the hardcore war soldiers share the same background as the red shirts, unlike many years back ( cannot remember what year ) when the then government sent in the hardcore war soldiers to crush the bangkok middle class students uprising, they could feel the difference between them, they could feel the hatred inside them

that time it was real bloodbath

motormafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reversed should be also asked.

Why did troops not arrested any one who were attacking and capturing soldiers?

In a clash that injured few hundreds and about 2 dozens of death - no one was arrested.

This is the amazing part.

So what about SAF?

Can we capture SAF TANKS & arms & troops?

:rolleyes::wink:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's very obvious that the Thai soldiers who were "captured" had "surrendered." In May 1992 Bangkok (yes, I was in Bangkok then, no bullshit), the Thai army opened fire into public until all squat down and dispersed (about a hundred killed and a few hundreds injured in one spray). There's no such thing as civilian crowd overpowering army unless the crowd is equivalently armed and trained, or the army sympathises with them. That's why the prostest leaders quickly and publicly returned the weapons captured, as a symbol of non-violence.

They remembered well what happened in southern Thailand in April 2004. About 200 Thai Muslim insurgents raided army camps at dawn and made off with a few hundred rifles and grenades. Of course, the Thai army pursued them, and cornered them in a mosque, no less. Before dinner time, most of them were dead and the Thai army paraded their bloody corpses on open street, inviting kins to come and claim. The mosque cleaners had lots of blood to mop up from the walls and floors that evening.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not quite, no matter what_ the hardcore war soldiers share the same background as the red shirts, unlike many years back ( cannot remember what year ) when the then government sent in the hardcore war soldiers to crush the bangkok middle class students uprising, they could feel the difference between them, they could feel the hatred inside them

that time it was real bloodbath

That happened at Temaansat university at one of the entrances.

Even students got balls. Sinkie students?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
That happened at Temaansat university at one of the entrances.

Even students got balls. Sinkie students?

CB kia tonychat,

u r the one without balls.

go n join the red army with your yellow t-shirt if u dare.

fuck you chow ah gua:oIo::oIo:

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same view here, can you do these things to your own people? Much like Kent university protest in USA in the 60s or 70s? WHere the army open fire upon univerity students?

Unlike the '89 tiananmen incident. The troops are of different region, not Hans Chinese. They have no simpaty to the people there. Hardcore war soldiers. If the current thai gov were to deploy such soldiers, there will be plenty of bloodshed by now.

it is absolutely unbelievable that a bunch of well-trained armed soldiers can lose to melee-armed protesters and get captured.

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reversed should be also asked.

Why did troops not arrested any one who were attacking and capturing soldiers?

In a clash that injured few hundreds and about 2 dozens of death - no one was arrested.

This is the amazing part.

So what about SAF?

Can we capture SAF TANKS & arms & troops?

:rolleyes::wink:

you think our NS men even dare to fire on people? :biggrin:

It's very obvious that the Thai soldiers who were "captured" had "surrendered." In May 1992 Bangkok (yes, I was in Bangkok then, no bullshit), the Thai army opened fire into public until all squat down and dispersed (about a hundred killed and a few hundreds injured in one spray). There's no such thing as civilian crowd overpowering army unless the crowd is equivalently armed and trained, or the army sympathises with them. That's why the prostest leaders quickly and publicly returned the weapons captured, as a symbol of non-violence.

They remembered well what happened in southern Thailand in April 2004. About 200 Thai Muslim insurgents raided army camps at dawn and made off with a few hundred rifles and grenades. Of course, the Thai army pursued them, and cornered them in a mosque, no less. Before dinner time, most of them were dead and the Thai army paraded their bloody corpses on open street, inviting kins to come and claim. The mosque cleaners had lots of blood to mop up from the walls and floors that evening.
Cheers to the same view. The Thai army can be very brutal if they want to, but so far, they showed lots of restraints. the fact that they shook hands with red-shirts..