• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why some hawkers so racists?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing taste better than the original recipe.

Stick to ikan bilis or kuning, eggs and some kacang.

Last but not least not forgetting the SAMBAL....and bungus in daun pisang..

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KNNBPCB this butoh mat f**king famous satay stall at Haig Road hawker centre name Warong whatever....

Many years back, one afternoon, I went Haig Road Hawker Centre to eat satay during the fasting month. This butoh stall holder refused to let me eat there and insist that I must take away the satay, because he said it was fasting month and no one was allowed to eat there!!

Freaking worst than Matland!!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNNBPCB this butoh mat f**king famous satay stall at Haig Road hawker centre name Warong whatever....

Many years back, one afternoon, I went Haig Road Hawker Centre to eat satay during the fasting month. This butoh stall holder refused to let me eat there and insist that I must take away the satay, because he said it was fasting month and no one was allowed to eat there!!

Freaking worst than Matland!!

Like u say, tis stall is famous. Tats why he can afford to be petty. He can even turn down ur money by refusing to sell to u. Really nothing to do with religion, imo. Cos u dont see all Malay stalls behaving like him ya.

Like the example...Sinar Pagi. U still see long long queue. Even though they charges us skyhigh. Yes, Malays also kena cut throat. No special exemption.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like u say, tis stall is famous. Tats why he can afford to be petty. He can even turn down ur money by refusing to sell to u. Really nothing to do with religion, imo. Cos u dont see all Malay stalls behaving like him ya.

Like the example...Sinar Pagi. U still see long long queue. Even though they charges us skyhigh. Yes, Malays also kena cut throat. No special exemption.

he did not allow that guy to eat in the hawker centre cos it was fasting month what do you mean nothing to do with religion??

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then why other Malay stalls not behaving such? Are u saying they are not Muslims?

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[QUOTE=Townair;1143050] Malay nasi lemak is still stuck at ikan bilis or ikan kuning, nothing more than a light breakfast or snack.[/QUOTE]

Nasi, ikan-bilis or ikan kuning PLUS a ladle or two of LEMAK is what the original nasi lemak should be.

The Chinese version of Nasi Lemak with an array of so many other items (just like from a Ngo-Hiang or Yong Tau Foo stall) is NOT the original Nasi Lemak.

To me it is over-done and a "bastardisation of the original Nasi Lemak".

Many years ago I used to patronise a stall run by a nice and courteous Malay lady (who happened to be a Baweanese and wore a big belt around her well-kept waist).

She managed her well-kept stall in her kampong at the end of Lorong Koo Chye - close to the fencing of Bartley Primary School.

She served the ORIGINAL nasi lemak dipped in lemak and with ikan bilis / ikan kuning and sambal.

My memories also goes back to the days when a sweet little Malay girl used to go round our village carrying a wicker basket on her head and crying aloud, "Nasi Oma, Nasi Oma". She was then in Primary 3 and stays with her widowed mum, who was a fantastic cook.

The tiny packets used to be wrapped in banana leaves.

Nice, delicious and cheap.

We don't get that anymore...Those were the days Frens.......

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aiyah. Wat is tere to twist here and tere? Unlike u.

Next week mth of Ramadhan.

Resident Racist, go see for urself whether other malay stalls sell makan to non-Malays hor. And post ur finding here.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Resident Racist, go see for urself whether other malay stalls sell makan to non-Malays hor. And post ur finding here.:rolleyes:

resident racist if they don't sell what are you going to say? Oh it's just him only.

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jah_Rastafart. :smile: You are a goner man, You got to really seek treatment. You seem to argue with everyone who is non-Chinese, This has been going on for years. The problem plaguing this country is people like you who are shallow, dumb and ignorant.

P.s - 1st world country filled with Peasants.

Townair

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nasi, ikan-bilis or ikan kuning PLUS a ladle or two of LEMAK is what the original nasi lemak should be.

The Chinese version of Nasi Lemak with an array of so many other items (just like from a Ngo-Hiang or Yong Tau Foo stall) is NOT the original Nasi Lemak.

To me it is over-done and a "bastardisation of the original Nasi Lemak".

I agree. The olden days standard Malay stall always sold nasi lemak, mee rebus, mee siam and some other varities. A stall can't survive on selling small packets of nasi lemak alone, however original it is. What I'm saying is the Chinese concept, though viewed as bastardisation by nostalgics, enabled stalls based on selling nasi lemak only. Another example is Chinese char bee hoon. Used to a humble little plate of plain char bee hoon, now a full meal with a selection of varieties to go along with. Interestingly, many Chinese stalls merged the Chinese nasi lemak and char bee hoon concepts, and are doing very well.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I dunno what you mean by Resident Racist!! Did I say that the rest of the Malay stalls did not allow to makan there? Which part of my post say so?

The fact is, the other few that I have patronised over the years were ok. There have been many Chinese and Indians eating Muslim food during the fasting hours. It was only that particular stall that said no. You dun be a bloody moron to turn this into a Muslim vs non-Muslim issue!!!

After that incident, I did not patronise that stall anymore after all these years and I surely dun know whether they still insist on that or not. Maybe bros here should try to eat at that stall to see whether they allow people to makan there or not.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jah_Rastafart. :smile: You are a goner man, You got to really seek treatment. You seem to argue with everyone who is non-Chinese, This has been going on for years. The problem plaguing this country is people like you who are shallow, dumb and ignorant.

He got no life lah.

Except coming here 24 hrs kpkb abt other races.:rolleyes:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I dunno what you mean by Resident Racist!! Did I say that the rest of the Malay stalls did not allow to makan there? Which part of my post say so?

The fact is, the other few that I have patronised over the years were ok. There have been many Chinese and Indians eating Muslim food during the fasting hours. It was only that particular stall that said no. You dun be a bloody moron to turn this into a Muslim vs non-Muslim issue!!!

After that incident, I did not patronise that stall anymore after all these years and I surely dun know whether they still insist on that or not. Maybe bros here should try to eat at that stall to see whether they allow people to makan there or not.

Hmmm...u go thru my recent post. The word Resident Racist was quoted many times by me when I was replying to u know who. It was meant for tat moderator troll. Not u.

U labelled the Malays as Mat. I accept it. Not a racist remark tere. Unlike tat troll Resident Racist.

Plse lah. Read the sequence. I was replying to his post. And immediately after I posted above, tat troll responded. U mean u cant see I was discussing with tat troll. Not with u. Crystal clear. Why jump the gun?

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What a crock of shit you are the one that has been harrassing me all the time with different nicks. Whoami was also arguing with me.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He got no life lah.

Except coming here 24 hrs kpkb abt other races.:rolleyes:

You have been replying to all my posts even early this morning so it shows you don't have a life. I find it really funny that you can call others no life but then you reply to their every single post this shows you don't have a life and lie about it.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree. The olden days standard Malay stall always sold nasi lemak, mee rebus, mee siam and some other varities. A stall can't survive on selling small packets of nasi lemak alone, however original it is. What I'm saying is the Chinese concept, though viewed as bastardisation by nostalgics, enabled stalls based on selling nasi lemak only. Another example is Chinese char bee hoon. Used to a humble little plate of plain char bee hoon, now a full meal with a selection of varieties to go along with. Interestingly, many Chinese stalls merged the Chinese nasi lemak and char bee hoon concepts, and are doing very well.

I do agree with your reply outright. Sir, it is a fact.

Survival as stall operators in today's concept means having to change and adapt to something new.

The good old days of a kid crying out loudy, "Nasi-Oma, Nasi Oma" is long gone.

May still be around in Malaysia, Indonesia and Phillippines, though...

Here, people have to introduce more varieties to survive.

Rentals are atrociously high and such food still come cheap.

Which means that resorting to change has helped these hawkers to survive.

BTW, one of my favourite fare in the morning is either char bee hoon or char kwey teow with otak-otak and tahu.

I don't go for the fried chicken and others.

Have a great day.

Townair

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now there're very few Malay stalls selling traditional small triangle packet nasi lemak. Nasi campur or nasi padang is more common like Chinese chap chai png. Bigger in scale and easier to be profitable enough to sustain a full stall whole day with enough or more than enough profits left. There's a reason why traditional nasi lemak was so good but never sold after lunch. In olden days, they used freshly ground coconut milk in early morning and made just enough to sell for breakfast only. That's because coconut milk turns sour in less than half a day.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now there're very few Malay stalls selling traditional small triangle packet nasi lemak. Nasi campur or nasi padang is more common like Chinese chap chai png. Bigger in scale and easier to be profitable enough to sustain a full stall whole day with enough or more than enough profits left. There's a reason why traditional nasi lemak was so good but never sold after lunch. In olden days, they used freshly ground coconut milk in early morning and made just enough to sell for breakfast only. That's because coconut milk turns sour in less than half a day.

Once a while if i happen to drop by Changi Point, I would ask my good old Ah Chan (bum boat operator) to buy me 5 pkts of nasi lemak wrap in daun pisang fm Pengarang, Msia. Very small packet. Simple...just fish, eggs and kacang with sambal. Very very cheap cheap and taste good. Juz like good ol kampong days...