• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why SDP never campaign for a by election?

A

Alu862

Lots of people petitioned for a by election, even the Dr. Huang from nofearsingapore wrote about encouraging a by election--why not the SDP? Even the new RP bothered to talk about a the need for a by election.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
the present rules and regulations is not very specific and clear.
there is no need for an by-election,if an MP in an GRC vacats his/her seat due to unforseen circumstances like death or sick and so on.

the best is to have an by-election for the particular consistency,this way the opposition will have more chances being elected.
if by-election for an GRC,i feel that the opposition do not have the talents to win it.

A

Alu862

the present rules and regulations is not very specific and clear.
there is no need for an by-election,if an MP in an GRC vacats his/her seat due to unforseen circumstances like death or sick and so on.

the best is to have an by-election for the particular consistency,this way the opposition will have more chances being elected.
if by-election for an GRC,i feel that the opposition do not have the talents to win it.

I mean campaign. SDP website made no mentioned about this. Had to be brought up by our supposedly pro PAP NMP too.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Campaign for what? Dr. Chee and sister Siok Chin are both disqualified. Can't blame them for not campaigning, unless there're others in SDP who're not disqualified wishing to stand. Otherwise, it's up to the other parties who wish to stand to campaign.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
the oppositions know that they cannot win an GRC's by-election.
the talents in the opposition is too spread out,unless they close rank and nominate a combine opposition team to contest it,that is why all opposition parties never campaign for an by-election.

those NMPs are just doing what they are being told to do.

A

Alu862

the talents in the opposition is too spread out,unless they close rank and nominate a combine opposition team to contest it,that is why all opposition parties never campaign for an by-election.

those NMPs are just doing what they are being told to do.

SDP--won't because they aren't acting like a political party

WP--won't cause they said they don't recognise a GRC

RP--responded

NSP--?

SDA--?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If there's a "combined opposition team", I think that they'll fight among themselves first before they fight PAP. Even more impossible to win a GRC.

A

Alu862

If there's a "combined opposition team", I think that they'll fight among themselves first before they fight PAP. Even more impossible to win a GRC.

Now this i agree with. Look at the US? Two main political parties and they squabble over lipstick remarks.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal

that is why,it is better not to have an by-election for a GRC.
waste of time and resource.

but if it is an single ward,then there will be a by-election and must have.
this i believe the opposition will surely make noise if there is no by-election for a single ward.

A

Alu862

The fact of the matter is that they did not campaign for it. They are only bent on airing the dirty linen of you know who.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is why the opposition here will not go far.
want to expose those dirty linens,also must produce facts and proofs else just talk,who will believe them.
for this part on exposing dirty linens,they must learn from those politicians at Taiwan.

A

Alu862

Did they study GP at JC? A good agrument always considers all sides of the story