• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

why my fart so damn smelly recently?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
good advice!
I can write a volume on this because myself went through this , for many reasons

during my younger days practically lived out of suit cases from jumping countries to countries and eating all kinds of good and bad things ,pushing my digestive system to the limits

but I gonna make it short and sharp here

first , we are still animals evolving like one , birds eats even poison and shit immediately because they evolved such , likewise our evolvement still cannot cope up with modernity in food consumption ...in short , your body is good as your grandpa and his digestive system ,but your grandpa ate frugally since food was scarce but not you

if you can understand this and rest will follow

I can give you list of spices that will give you a temper pry relief in farts but it ain’t a holistic one just like killing the symptoms but not the disease

your system is simply slowing down , you must also follow the nature

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some researchers say health issues all from our gut.if plenty of healthy bacteria, you will be fine.if it's filled with bad bacteria, then lots of problems.
The homeopathy practitioners allude to this theory that all your illness arise out of what you put into your mouth and that if your digestive system is okied, all your illness can be okied too

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hunter Biden has a 9.5 inch lanjiao and insatiable lust. Lady Gaga probably got makan'ed by him too. :laugh:

ElYVP-rU8AASbYv.jpg:orig

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can cut down on the legumes.

you can try adding Kefir or other cultured milk products to your diet. sounds like you have some imbalance going on in your gut biome.

cold storage sells both kefir and filmjolk, both known to contain a great variety of probiotics.

the story of kefir is quite interesting. its a russian drink with roots from the prophet mhd. kefir is known as the grain from the prophet.

kefir was mass produced in the USSR to boost the health of the people. kind of like Milo for us.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
you can try adding Kefir or other cultured milk products to your diet. sounds like you have some imbalance going on in your gut biome.

cold storage sells both kefir and filmjolk, both known to contain a great variety of probiotics.

the story of kefir is quite interesting. its a russian drink with roots from the prophet mhd. kefir is known as the grain from the prophet.

kefir was mass produced in the USSR to boost the health of the people. kind of like Milo for us.
Kefir is simply another form of yogurt lah , different nationalities have diffent kind of this .the Koreans kimchi ? Yes ,kimchi you eat is actually a fermented stuff for aiding digestion , the Indonesians ? The tempeh ! Yes that cheap stuff , it’s highly valued as a digestive material by the Germans

the Indians among us got the mostest , the yogurt is simply one that is served in every traditional Tamil food as a last dish but the Sinkies pariahs donch follow with their fish head curry and what not , the Thosai ,is another , made of fermented flour overnight and the vadas too ...but nothing of all these will solve a digestive system that is Aging

otherwise , a spoonful of ashfordida, hope got the spelling right , will put immediate stop to furts

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
why my fart so damn smelly recently?

KNN my uncle think smelly farts are leeeal healthy farts whereas no odour farts are not as healthy KNN when my uncle has non stop smelly farts means his sai is on the way out KNN

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Digestion Pros Explain Why Your Farts Smelly Really, Really Disgusting
www.prevention.com

Bring up farts and suddenly the most mature adult seems to morph back into an awkward middle-schooler. However, passing gas is not only completely normal—but an important indicator of your digestive health, which has a significant impact on your overall well-being.

“The digestive system is the body’s main way to take in and absorb nutrients, which is essential to sustain life, but it’s so much more than that,” says Shilpa Ravella, M.D., a gastroenterologist at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City. “As a barrier from the outside world, it’s also one of the body’s main defenses against disease and the home of the trillions of bacteria that play an essential role in health.”

And, yes, one of the digestive system’s everyday processes is producing gas. “People pass gas an average of 14 to 22 times a day,” says Marta Ferraz Valles, R.D., a dietitian with the Mercy Medical Center Institute for Digestive Health & Liver Disease.
While having some gas is totally healthy, particularly foul-smelling (or constant) farts can indicate some sort of issues in the GI tract. Here, digestion experts share eight common causes of unusually smelly farts and when to see your doctor about it.

1. You ate a bunch of sulfur-heavy foods.

According to Dr. Ravella, super-smelly gas is often the result of eating foods rich in sulfur, which the digestive system breaks down into stinky compounds called sulfides. Two high-sulfur foods Americans eat a lot of: meat and eggs. Ever had gas that smells like rotten eggs? Yeah, that’s from a nasty by-product called hydrogen sulfide.

Other foods that can lead to sulfide-related smelly farts include garlic, sulfite-containing wines, and dried fruits preserved with sulfur dioxide, says Ferraz Valles.

smelly farts

2. …or noshed on some FODMAPs.

FODMAPs, a family of short-chain carbohydrates found in all sorts of foods, can also cause digestive issues that stink up your gas. “FODMAPs are poorly absorbed in the small intestine, osmotically active (meaning they increase intestinal water content), and are quickly fermented by gut bacteria,” says Dr. Ravella. For sensitive people, this can lead to more—and worse-smelling—gas.

A Low FODMAP Diet Could Ease Your Bloated Belly

Unfortunately for sensitive stomachs, all sorts of foods contain FODMAPs, including certain fruits (like watermelon and mangoes) and vegetables (like broccoli and Brussels sprouts), high-fiber grains, onions, dairy, and the list goes on, says Dr. Ravella.

You’ll also find FODMAPs like sugar alcohols (think sorbitol) and fructose in lots of processed foods, Ferraz Valles adds.

3. You’ve been loading up on fiber.

Fiber, the indigestible parts of the plants we eat, is an incredibly important part of our diet. In addition to supporting a healthy digestive system (and regular bowel movements), it also makes us feel satiated after eating, helps stabilize our blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, makes maintaining a healthy weight easier, and helps us live longer, per the Mayo Clinic.

The Beginner's Guide to Low-FODMAP: Easy Meal Plans, Recipes, and Tips to Calm Your Gut

Thing is, many Americans don’t regularly eat enough fiber—and suddenly loading up on it can cause some digestive upset and increased flatulence, says Ferraz Valles. (Beans and legumes, for example, are a common culprit here.)

Often, it takes a few weeks for the digestive system to adjust to increased fiber intake, which is why Ferraz Valles recommends gradually increasing intake to the recommended amount (25 grams a day for women under 50 and 38 grams a day for men under 50) and drinking plenty of water alongside fibrous foods like oats, apples, lentils, and berries.

4. One of your medications (or supplements) may be to blame.

Sad but true: All sorts of prescriptions, OTCs, and dietary supplements—even those meant to ease stomach issues—can affect your farts, says Ferraz Valles.

NSAIDs (think Advil), antacids, diarrhea medications, chemotherapy drugs, multivitamins, and fiber supplements can cause changes in flatulence frequency and odor, she says. It’s inconvenient, yes, but not necessarily anything to be concerned about.

5. Or, lactose intolerance could be the issue.

Lactose, a natural sugar found in dairy products, is famously difficult for many adults to digest. “One of the most common reasons people may suffer from excessive gas is lactose intolerance,” says Ferraz Valles. “This can cause excessive gas and other gastrointestinal distress.” According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), approximately 65% of people have difficulty digesting lactose.

Since different dairy products contain different amounts of lactose (milk contains more than hard cheese, for example), people may notice worse symptoms after eating different types of dairy, says the NIH. However, abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, and lots of smelly farts 30 minutes to 2 hours after eating dairy indicate lactose intolerance.

6. It could be due to a gluten sensitivity (or celiac disease).

Gluten, the always-controversial protein found in grains like wheat, barley, and rye, can also contribute to problematic flatulence. “People who have celiac disease or non-celiac gluten sensitivities may experience excessive gas when consuming gluten,” says Ferraz Valles. In both cases, consuming gluten can also contribute to a slew of digestive issues, as well as headaches, fatigue, and mood issues, according to the Celiac Disease Foundation.

However, while genetic celiac disease can be identified through blood testing, identifying a gluten sensitivity or intolerance typically just involves observing changes in symptoms after removing gluten from the diet (which should be done under the supervision of a dietitian or doctor).

7. You could have a gut microbiome imbalance, like SIBO.

“Bacterial imbalances can certainly cause excessive and foul-smelling gas,” says Dr. Ravella. People with low bacterial diversity in their gut (which can be caused by frequent, excessive antibiotic use or a diet low in fiber and high in animal products) often face this issue, Dr. Ravella says.

What Is SIBO? The IBS-Like Condition, Explained

Another common culprit, though, is small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, also known as SIBO, she says. SIBO occurs when excess bacteria builds up in the small intestine, which can affect nutrient absorption and cause all sorts of digestive symptoms (including an uptick in flatulence).

8. It may be a sign of irritable bowel syndrome.

Irritable bowel syndrome, a condition in which dysfunction in the large intestine causes digestive issues like bloating and abdominal pain, and bouts of diarrhea and constipation, is yet another common culprit behind particularly smelly farts, according to the Mayo Clinic.

Though frequent gas alone is not enough to diagnose IBS, changes in gas odor and production are common factors, says Dr. Ravella. Often, managing IBS involves making healthy diet and lifestyle changes—and addressing stress.

❗When to see your doctor about smelly farts

Though gas varies from person to person, regularly stinky farts—when in combination with certain other symptoms—do warrant a trip to the doctor, as they can indicate serious conditions, like colon cancer. According to Dr. Ravella, the following are cause for concern:
  • Bloody stool
  • Unexplained weight loss
  • Fevers
  • Severe abdominal pain
  • Floating stools
  • Vomiting
However, even consistently smelly farts accompanied by more minor digestive upset (like bloating) can indicate issues like food sensitivities and bacterial imbalances, Dr. Ravella says. In these cases, a registered dietitian can help you evaluate and modify your diet to ease your symptoms.

Like what you just read? You’ll love our magazine! Go here to subscribe. Don’t miss a thing by downloading Apple News here and following Prevention. Oh, and we’re on Instagram too.

Lauren Del Turco Lauren Del Turco is a writer, editor, and social media/content manager, who has contributed to Men's Health, Women's Health, The Vitamin Shoppe, and more.

This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
truth be told, we all fart, but I fart a lot.

my expelled air from the rear usually not that smelly, recently damn bloody smelly.

I went into the lift alone this morning and I let one ripped... bad mistake, wondered if some gut bacteria mutinied...

6 smelly flatulence causes

There are a number of reasons why your farts smell bad. In most cases, foul-smelling flatulence is associated with the foods you eat and an unbalanced diet. However, there can be more serious causes of rotten-smelling gas.

1. High-fiber foods
Many high-fiber foods can make you pass more gas. It takes longer for these foods to break down in your digestive system, so they ferment over time.

High-fiber foods also sometimes smell, which means your farts may smell too. This is especially true with strong-smelling vegetables such as:

Your gas may smell like rotten eggs because of the sulfur in fiber-rich foods. Sulfur is a natural compound that smells like spoiled eggs. Many vegetables are sulfur-based.

If this is causing your flatulence, a simple change in diet will be sufficient treatment.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I take in a lot of fibre and I know that produces a lot of gas. I think it’s the grilled salmon I ate recently that added the pungent odor to my gas.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Eat anything you like but keep the within the rules and after few weeks you'll function at optimal again :

intermittent fasting rules
  • The 16/8 Method: Fast for 16 hours each day, for example by only eating between noon and 8pm.