• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Google Map Street View cannot see Lee Kuan Yew House?

noname

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is the street view of 38 Oxley Road not available on Google Map? It's not the whole of Oxley Road - just the section where Lee Kuan Yew lives - no street view. I wonder who paid money to block out this portion?

noname

Alfrescian
Loyal
can people do that? pay google NOT to take street view of the street in front of their property. As far as I know, Oxley Road is a public road.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Extraordinary politicians must have extraordinary privileges and rights that ordinary hoi polloi cannot question.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try walking to his house with a camera and snap a shot of his home. You'll be behind bars in no time.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old man wants some privacy.. He does not want to be seen walking around his garden wearing only his boxers..:eek:

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
can people do that? pay google NOT to take street view of the street in front of their property. As far as I know, Oxley Road is a public road.

Oxley Road not public road, i remember they have a sign at the junction with River Valley Road that said cannot turn in except for residents...

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is the street view of 38 Oxley Road not available on Google Map? It's not the whole of Oxley Road - just the section where Lee Kuan Yew lives - no street view. I wonder who paid money to block out this portion?

To be fair, it's not just his house that is not available on Google Maps/Earth. You also wouldn't be able to get:

1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington D.C, U.S.A
10 Downing Street,Westminster, London, SW1A 2AA, United Kingdom

Governments can claim privacy on the grounds of a threat to national security.
Don't think it's an issue of money.

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
What if I am friend of a resident, can I drive in to visit my friend

Can drive thru and pass his house la.

I always do that cos I hv 3 frens who stay in the vicinity.

One of them kpkb cos his apartment cant enbloc becos of old man.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
2000 lb Is More Effective

vufZvWas.jpg

I'm sure nothing will be left behind. Guards and everything gone !

[video=youtube;y_Lcjfdra2c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Lcjfdra2c[/video]

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No idea leh, looks like have to ask LTA what the road sign means..I ever turned in once accidentally and the guard didn't stop me passing by..

If not mistaken can already see the 'No Entry' barrier sign from the main road..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any Bro here ever came close to seeing the Old Fart's house from a near distance before? I wonder how the the exterior of his house looks like and how big it is..