• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do Singaporeans leave?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
15 years ago, hardly any Malay in JB speak English. Now its quite common. So I would think that there is hope.

As for MM2H, it doesnt have enough incentives to make me wanna take it up. it should come with a free virgin for all successfull applicant. :smile:

Haha ! Agree totally !

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chefs and cooks are off the main Skilled occupation list that are meant for 189 and 190 visa, but it is there in the 457 visa under the consolidated skilled occupation list (CSOL) of the schedule 1 of Migration Regulations 1994. your skill will be required to be assessed by the appropriate body in australia and 457 is an offshore visa, whereas 189/190 is not defined by either onshore or offshore.

Thanks. You have been keeping touch with the CSOL stuff.

For me, I do not intend to return to public sector. :biggrin:

Anyone who live in Perth have better jobs to do.

Time to retire from Emigration folder. Moved on to Travel folder :smile:

UPDATE

I am just trying to help. A lot of people, including my HR friends find this too daunting. The best advice will come from a qualified MARA migration agent which I am not.

I wrote in my previous post about how you need to fit into the correct category in your visa application.

The website has a lot of words (typical Aussie style who cannot write in point form properly) but this is what I found out. (http://www.innovation.gov.au/Skills/SkillsAssessment/Documents/MigrationSkillsGuidelines.pdf)

Your Occupation ANZSCO Code is ANZSCO CODE: 351311 (http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/c/chef.htm)

There are 3 ways to access your skills
1. TRA Migration Skills Assessment.
2. Offshore Skills Assessment Program. - Does not apply to you unless you hold one of those passports*.
3. Job Ready Program - Does not apply to you.

The TRA Migration Skills Assessment is for those applicants who are NOT REQUIRED to be assessed under TRA’s Offshore Skills Assessment Program.

http://www.innovation.gov.au/Skills/SkillsAssessment/Pages/TRAMigrationSkillsAssessmentOverview.aspx

Your application forms are found in that webpage. This is one of the forms.
http://www.innovation.gov.au/Skills/SkillsAssessment/Documents/MigrationSkillsForm.pdf

[/LIST][/I]

TRA Migration Skills Assessment. - your Occupation ANZSCO Code not listed in the SOL.

All 3 pathways for 190 visa not available/

Last edited:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

this is not some online competition lah. all chip in to discuss about migration. i just happen to study law now so i know abit more.. that's all.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey thanks guys for the advise. I just need the extra points that 190 visa brings. I know that chefs and cooks are off the main list thats why I'm trying to get Victoria state sponsorship. All I need is to get my skills assess.

The 457 which I was on does not guarantee anything. I could be packing my bags in 4 years if It's not renewed or lead me to a permanent visa. Met a pinoy guy that is on the 457 in his 4th year and have to get down on his knees for his employer to extend it or get permanent sponsorship which I refuse to do. I'm not going to beg my employer. To me 457 is quite risky.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not need a skills assessment for the 457 visa. the job I had was chef position in Australia Leisure and Hospitality Group. They are a sister company of Wooworths.

The company took over alot of venues in Perth but I find the food they do sucks big time mostly catered for FIFO worker type or students. Stayed at Captain Sterling Hotel for a whole month which is also owned by my company ALH.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok this one sounds silly and I laugh about all the time. I am in a de facto relationship and one of the thing I need to prove in order to get my 457 is how me and my MRs share our household duties. How the fuck to prove that man. lucky I kept all the receipts and stuff like that.

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal

TRA Migration Skills Assessment. - your Occupation ANZSCO Code not listed in the SOL.

All 3 pathways for 190 visa not available/

Ned if all 3 pathways for 190 is not available than what is the point if I get Victoria State to sponsor me?

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
chefs and cooks are off the main Skilled occupation list that are meant for 189 and 190 visa, but it is there in the 457 visa under the consolidated skilled occupation list (CSOL) of the schedule 1 of Migration Regulations 1994. your skill will be required to be assessed by the appropriate body in australia and 457 is an offshore visa, whereas 189/190 is not defined by either onshore or offshore.

457 allows you to work 4 years in australia but you have to buy insurance cover. you still need to meet the public interest criteria of both character and medical check; criterion 4001, 4002, 4003, 4004, 4007 and 4009.

for 457, it is pretty straight forward; company that want to employ you must be an eligible sponsor, then nominate the occupation listing the skills and list of commitments, then finally the skilled worker apply for it.

there are many indians taxi drivers who are on 457 visa here and most are finding their ways to qualify for 189 visa. if you need more help on this, please post here.

Fishbuff I was on the 457, met a few people on the 457 that wants to get out of it. Reason is it's rigidness and the need to reapply again for the same visa or a permanent one. Plus you still need to get your employer to do it for you. If the employer hates you then it's over man.

Last edited:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fishbuff I was on the 457, met a few people on the 457 that wants to get out of it. Reason is it's rigidness and the need to reapply again for the same visa or a permanent one. Plus you still need to get your employer to do it for you. If the employer hates you then it's over man.

unfortunately, for 457 visa, the sponsors make the call so basically, your visa there is to serve the needs of your sponsor. if employer cancel your 457 visa, whole family will have to balek kampong. im not sure if you can qualify for business provisional visa since you are a chef, so opening a restaurant is easy peasy for you. but you need to invest x amount of money and generate certain money. and then after 2 years, they will assess your situation and grant your the permanent visa.
or else you can get your wife to study nursing and then qualify for skilled migration while you slog it out under your sponsor.