• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Do People Become Christians?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually most of xtians are "pirated christians" not the true blue blooded ones cos xtians according to Jesus' teachings should be very humble but most are behaving the other way very atas and yayapapaya. look at those fakies in CHC and all those propserity church. then look at ppl such as the spaceman lwarence tai kong......u call them humble? more like HUMBUGS!

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cos it is trendy or what?

I see more and more young people get brainwashed ... so sad...

This is because sinkies need something to tell them how to lead their lives and to 'save' them from their problems instead of them helping themselves. They think Jesus will save them to heaven and punish their enemies all that bullshit. Stupid to not doublecheck whether things in the bible are true anyhow die die go believe words on paper.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here's the ugly truth:

The teachings of monotheism religions are much more attractive than polytheism religions. That's why you see many more cases of people leaving Buddhism, Taoism and Hinduism for Christianity and Islam than the other way around.

Regardless which religion you follow or none at all, most people pray for peace and prosperity. And what people see is that the average Christian is better educated and earning more than the average follower of other religions. There are many churches, both Protestant and Catholic, which conducts its weekly services entirely in Mandarin and local dialects, so it is not true to blame it on English speaking.

Bro if ur saying sinkies are more attracted to Christianity and dumping Buddha Hindu khrishna simply because jesus Christ is richer more successful and higher earner,isn't that a travesty against god?

At least the Muslims are willing to die for their god.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro if ur saying sinkies are more attracted to Christianity and dumping Buddha Hindu khrishna simply because jesus Christ is richer more successful and higher earner,isn't that a travesty against god?

At least the Muslims are willing to die for their god.

People are not following Jesus because Jesus is richer. They are following him because if they do, they generally will see their lives improves. Not by freebies or bribes, but by hard work and a positive attitude towards life.

Most Muslims are not doing well in life. With the exception of a few rich folk and a small middle class, most Muslims belong to the lower income group. If I were in such dire straits, I too would want to die for my god, aka commit suicide.

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing against anyone practicing their religion; just dont like it when they preach to you the virtues of joining them.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nothing against anyone practicing their religion; just dont like it when they preach to you the virtues of joining them.

I too dislike it when they get all preachy with me. Very irritating. They often forget that a tree is best judged by its fruits. Better to just stand back and let people see that compared to other religious groups, Christians are generally the wealthiest and best educated group, and let nature take its course.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People are not following Jesus because Jesus is richer. They are following him because if they do, they generally will see their lives improves. Not by freebies or bribes, but by hard work and a positive attitude towards life.

Most Muslims are not doing well in life. With the exception of a few rich folk and a small middle class, most Muslims belong to the lower income group. If I were in such dire straits, I too would want to die for my god, aka commit suicide.

So basically these dumbass sinkies are bringing the same mindset they had when they were Buddhist and chinks and implementing it onto Christianity. Because from what I surmise most sinkie based religions is based on the concept of luck and good fortune.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So basically these dumbass sinkies are bringing the same mindset they had when they were Buddhist and chinks and implementing it onto Christianity. Because from what I surmise most sinkie based religions is based on the concept of luck and good fortune.

Many sinkie based religions are based on unfair principles. Some feel that you are poor in this life because of past life's karma, therefore the more fortunate have a right to be a total dick to you. It's your karma. It's the same attitude towards those born into a lower caste. Some also feel that special privileges should be given unto them, based on skin colour and choice of religion.

You don't have any of that in christianity, even though some christians are dicks.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
no shit,since christianity is invented by the white men?christianity was a big part of europe in the old centuries?that is their national flag,it represents hundreds of years of their history as a civilisation.but what does it have to do with the state of society today?dont u find it most ironic that the most highly developed and socially advanced countries are the least religious of all?

Not religious does not mean atheistic. People might still get baptized, marry in church etc. But they may not find meaning in organized religion. Except for the US and Singapore, I find religion loses its attraction when countries become affluent.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The truth is everyone needs to have a religion when they die, if not people do not know how to pay their respect to them and there is no place to bury them also.

U wrong . What religious???
Egypt king ??? They still bury right.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the contrary, the most developed states are states that allow people freedom of religion and accept different ideas, including the idea of changing religion or rejecting religion. Those societies are largely Judeo-Christian ones. While many in those societies reject religion, they do not reject key tenets of the Judeo-Christian ethos - such as having a written constitution, equality, freedom to choose religion and monogamy.

You obviously like the majority of chirstians who dont read the bible, or totally skip the old testament.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You obviously like the majority of chirstians who dont read the bible, or totally skip the old testament.

Old Testament is just one part of the Bible, and only the first step of evolution of Christianity. The Old Testament does not define Christianity at all. So far, the only people I know who wholeheartedly embrace the Old Testament are the Muslims, especially the parts on genocide and killing. Don't you read about all the religious strife in the Middle East?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is a good reading http://www.amazon.com/The-Disappearance-God-Divine-Mystery/dp/0316294349

It explained how God don't appear or talk to men anymore.

More like HE screwed up himself creating men with images of HIM.

Old Testament is just one part of the Bible, and only the first step of evolution of Christianity. The Old Testament does not define Christianity at all. So far, the only people I know who wholeheartedly embrace the Old Testament are the Muslims, especially the parts on genocide and killing. Don't you read about all the religious strife in the Middle East?

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dont talk with your cock in your mouth. You think followers of christianity and bible is like shopping at supermarket can pick and choose as you please? That is why i say christianity is the most hypocritical religion in the world. None other even comes close.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hello Sad Fart Godzilla
You work part time for Xinhua News izzit?
Lightning no have policy
Against moonlighting you damn lucky arh!
Even an atheist like moi
Can see through your evil Machiavellian ploy

Christmas banned by Chinese university, says it is "kitsch"

(Reuters) - A university in northwestern China has banned Christmas, calling it a "kitsch" foreign celebration unbefitting of the country's own traditions and making its students watch propaganda films instead, media said on Thursday.

The state-run Beijing News said that the Modern College of Northwest University, located in Xian, had strung up banners around the campus reading "Strive to be outstanding sons and daughters of China, oppose kitsch Western holidays" and "Resist the expansion of Western culture".

A student told the newspaper that they would be punished if they did not attend a mandatory three-hour screening of propaganda films, which other students said included one about Confucius, with teachers standing guard to stop people leaving.

"There's nothing we can do about it, we can't escape," the student was quoted as saying.

An official microblog belonging to one of the university's Communist Party's committees posted comments calling for students not to "fawn on foreigners" and pay more attention to China's holidays, like Spring Festival.

"In recent years, more and more Chinese have started to attach importance to Western festivals," it wrote.

"In their eyes, the West is more developed than China, and they think that their holidays are more elegant than ours, even that Western festivals are very fashionable and China's traditional festivals are old fashioned."

Christmas is not a traditional festival in officially atheist China but is growing in popularity, especially in more metropolitan areas where young people go out to celebrate, give gifts and decorate their homes.

Western culture, particularly in the form of U.S. pop culture, is wildly popular with young, educated Chinese, which occasionally causes discomfort for the generally quite conservative ruling Communist Party.

Wenzhou, a city in the wealthy eastern province of Zhejiang, has banned all Christmas activities in schools and kindergartens, the official Xinhua news agency reported. Inspectors would make sure rules are enforced, it added.

The rules are meant to counteract an "obsession" with Western holidays at the expense of Chinese ones, an official at the city's education bureau told Xinhua.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/25/us-china-christmas-idUSKBN0K302S20141225

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/china/2014-12/25/c_133878234.htm

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dont talk with your cock in your mouth. You think followers of christianity and bible is like shopping at supermarket can pick and choose as you please? That is why i say christianity is the most hypocritical religion in the world. None other even comes close.

Very few Christians are calling for Jihad today. On the other hand, non-Christians who constantly taunt Christians by reference to the Old Testament wars and verses on war seem to embrace the concept of slaughtering those from different religions. You also find that Christians are much more active in charity movements and social movements than non-Muslims. Sun Yat-Sen, father of modern China, is a Christian. Do you read of him quoting Old Testament verses wanting to exterminate Japs or Manchus?