• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why can’t we also have free medical treatment?

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
buy NTUC INCOME enhanced medishield?

bad idea......... nothing happens okay, they will keep on taking your premiums.
but get hospitalised n U make a claim.... they will take 4 months to investigate n use all the tricks in the book to dey you payment.
there was a case in TODAY Voices where the insured was left in the lurch........... INCOME said he did not declare his cancer operations 20 yrs ago when the fact is it was dead, buried n gone forever; has no bearing on his current hospitalisation!!!! & other condtions which were long cured!!!

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
When someone is ill, he shouldn't have to worry about the cost of getting the medical help he needs. That's true in a society where life is valued.
In Sinkapore, a middle-income household could lose it all with a serious illness of one individual. Why should that be so?
The role of the government is to marshal the resources of the country to provide essentials for everyone, not just for the rich or for the poor.

WRONG!!

The role of gahmen to to look after themselves first; FTs second...& citizens last!

Soochow

I seek most of my medical attention from Bumrungrad so I go there like 4-6 times a year and I could see their most prominent (dressing) customers are Arabs, Africans and south Asians like Indians, Paki, Bangla etc.

Free from deadly bacteria? Hope not like India.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have heard of sinkies earning more than a hundred k per annum and relying solely on company's insurance, without even finding out what this insurance really cover. One fine day they are hit with cancer, heart attack etc. then they realize the company insurance pays so little, and will cancel on them the moment they are retrenched, which is very likely after a serious illness. By then, no insurance will cover them, and they have to liquidate house and other assets to pay for sky high medical costs. A very sad ending usually.

I agree, no point fighting for free medical. Better spend more time figuring out personal health insurance.

YES a lot of us got caught in twillight zone when we quit or lost our job with big company resulting in NO insurance will take us in at older age...

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pappies running dogs and civil serpernts use hand to pick gold. ministars/mps/cronies use spade to dig for gold. famiLEE use bulldozer to 'sao' gold. wonder how these cb kias sleep at night when the are 70 something grandfather grandmother cleaner working at the hawker centres.

Rambutan

Alfrescian
Loyal

but get hospitalised n U make a claim.... they will take 4 months to investigate n use all the tricks in the book to dey you payment.
there was a case in TODAY Voices where the insured was left in the lurch........... INCOME said he did not declare his cancer operations 20 yrs ago when the fact is it was dead, buried n gone forever; has no bearing on his current hospitalisation!!!! & other condtions which were long cured!!!

Just a side track. You were talking about NTUC.

I know of somebody who work for NTUC Fairprice on a part time basis. Part time does not means working 2 or 3 hours a day. These part timers have full schedule - something like 6 hours every work shift and about 6.5 workshift every week.

One day, she had a heart attack. After she was admitted to SGH, it was found that part timers are NOT covered by the NTUC Fairpirce company insurance. Not 1 cent was paid by NTUC Fairprice or from NTUC Fairprice medical insurance. She and her family member has to take care of the entire bill.

The killing part is the follow up consultation. She has to pay to use her Medisave fund to pay for the follow up visits. Can you believe it? I repeat: She has to pay to use her Medisave fund to pay for the follow up visits.

And can you believe it too that SGH has a pool of JLBs staff, whose job is to explain to folks on how it work i.e. how much to pay to drawdown from your own Medisave and how much one can drawdown etc etc.

Why must one pay to use own Medisave?

Why have a pool of such staff? If there is no need to pay that admin fee, then there is no need for that pool of staff.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just a side track. You were talking about NTUC.

I know of somebody who work for NTUC Fairprice on a part time basis. Part time does not means working 2 or 3 hours a day. These part timers have full schedule - something like 6 hours every work shift and about 6.5 workshift every week.

One day, she had a heart attack. After she was admitted to SGH, it was found that part timers are NOT covered by the NTUC Fairpirce company insurance. Not 1 cent was paid by NTUC Fairprice or from NTUC Fairprice medical insurance. She and her family member has to take care of the entire bill.

The killing part is the follow up consultation. She has to pay to use her Medisave fund to pay for the follow up visits. Can you believe it? I repeat: She has to pay to use her Medisave fund to pay for the follow up visits.

And can you believe it too that SGH has a pool of JLBs staff, whose job is to explain to folks on how it work i.e. how much to pay to drawdown from your own Medisave and how much one can drawdown etc etc.

Why must one pay to use own Medisave?

Why have a pool of such staff? If there is no need to pay that admin fee, then there is no need for that pool of staff.
cpf aka cheat peasant fund or citizen protection fee is the biggest con job? i already stop paying protection fee for years liaozm use your own money to get private insurance.

Fujian

She has to pay to use her Medisave fund to pay for the follow up visits.

If there is no need to pay that admin fee, then there is no need for that pool of staff.

Pay and Pay policies often make us the laughingstock when we try to measure ourselves with other not so rich countries like Malaysia or even Thailand. Some say Canada is good.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
We have to face one brutal fact: most people behave in a selfish manner. The only difference is that it is far more pronounced in S'pore. It is virtually a national trait here. Few here will stand up for other people. They will only stand up for themselves and their family.

So it is logical that PAP stands up for their cadre n leaders first...........

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Universal health care as suggested by Thambiah of SDP is applied in UK and Canada and proven unsustainable. Why is this idiot saying 3M system is unsustainable and why should anyone be idiotic enough to listen to him?

Let him stand as a candidate for SDP at the next GE.

boomtown

Alfrescian
Loyal

is this the way for ntuc fairprice treat their employees - part time or not. what a shame for an organisation that is proportedly set up to represent the workers.

this is really bad.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
dr thambiah delivered some speeches during the recent 2011 ge rally. he is good.

I am aware of that. However, being a guest speaker at SDP rallies is one thing. Being an SDP election candidate is quite another matter.

Better still, let him and other professionals the SDP has said it has recently recruited set aside one day in a week to provide FREE professional services to Singaporeans. Whether they be doctors or lawyers, the advice from such people are often in great demand but is considered out of the reach of working class people.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIA Did Likewise Rite

is this the way for ntuc fairprice treat their employees - part time or not. what a shame for an organisation that is proportedly set up to represent the workers.

this is really bad.

SIA also did likewise to its employee, rite ? It didn't care about its cabin crew being molested. Was that SIA ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: SIA Did Likewise Rite

SIA also did likewise to its employee, rite ? It didn't care about its cabin crew being molested. Was that SIA ?
quite different. ntuc is national trade union cooperative rite? guess now ntuc has become 'until u si'.

very zek ark of ntuc.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How much will all this cost and who pays for all this free medical treatment?

The taxpayers of course, you have to read all these with a "pinch of salt", $400 consultation is a over exaggeration :

CGH fees in brief :
Private Subsidised for Specialts
(Singapore Citizen / Permanent Resident)
First Visit $75.00 - $95.00 $29.00 / $43.00
Repeat Visit $48.00 - $65.00 $25.00 / $38.00

If the doctor is 1. Registrar 2. Senior Consultant 3. Consultant, the fees ranges from around $90 - $200 I noticed that certain medicines & supplements cost less at CGH Pharmacy that TTSH pharmcy!..same country..many systems, many public healthcare groups...same government. Don't think it adds up to $400, unless there are added exploratory work..with things ending with 'scopy" etc.. then, it may add up to more that $400 plus consultation.

Income tax in Canada is high....but they have benefits, whose is paying, the taxpayers..it is you use now, pay later, so it is still not free. Nothing is free, even in a communist system. But what we are grumbling is, we are paying TOO MUCH & very often GETS MUCH TOO LITTLE, even though our medical service is proficient!..notice I use Proficient, not efficient.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
pappies running dogs and civil serpernts use hand to pick gold. ministars/mps/cronies use spade to dig for gold. famiLEE use bulldozer to 'sao' gold. wonder how these cb kias sleep at night when the are 70 something grandfather grandmother cleaner working at the hawker centres.
That's why a key attribute of high CEP is to be cold hearted. It's like in Bourne movie, where Jason had to be able to kill a total stranger who is tied up in a corner, in cold blood to prove that he can qualify as field agent.

You don't see any ministers ever looking tired, do you? Except during election time, when they have to really look like they are working hard.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal

You should check on facts properly before spouting nonsense here. There would be rioting on the streets if ntuc had unfairly and unscrupulously denying thousands of claims all these years. Denied claims are usually related to material non declaration of health status. The insurance company can't deny claims if the non declaration does not have any bearing on the claim, and the courts will see to that too.

The case you cited clearly is material non declaration, and cancer is a major one, almost certain to be non insurable. The key is to get into the insurance scheme as soon as possible, before any major illness. People who procrastinate and try to save a few pennies from not getting personal health insurance don't deserve any pity.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In SG u die your own business. For gov, old people die faster even better. Because they are the parasite.
Gov wasting money $13b/year on SAF.
Just cut 50% will be enough for subsidy medical/education/bus/MRT/..............