• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why beautiful , kind and talented people die early ?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
‘We miss her laugh, her warmth’: Family, friends remember NUS undergrad Kathy Ong, who died in a taxi crash

“She said, 'Daddy, we don’t need a bigger house. We only need a home'. That was what Kathy was like.”

SINGAPORE: “It’s difficult to cope. At the start, I really couldn’t sleep,” said Kathy Ong’s mum Jacqueline Ng, describing the loss of her 19-year-old daughter after a taxi driver’s negligent actions caused her death.

“I feel that what is missing is all her laughter. When she was at home, she laughed a lot,” Jacqueline recalled. “We don’t know what we’re going to do moving forward, without her.”

Her parents Jacqueline and Keith feel the pain of losing Kathy as strongly as the day she died on Apr 19 last year.

“Every weekend I will fetch her from Tembusu, bring her home and then end of the day, we will do laundry together, fold her clothes … that’s when we spend time to talk and then, I will send her back,” Kathy’s dad Keith recalled.

“I’ve been doing this (since she started uni), and suddenly, now, the whole weekend (has) become so quiet and empty for us.

“You're literally lost … before that, you’re looking whether to work hard, earn more money, provide better for the family. But it’s like, suddenly, with the loss of her, both of us are like ‘What are we working for? What are we slogging for?’”

Her mum added: “To me, she was not just a daughter. We would go shopping together, go for high tea together, drink coffee together, we shared clothes, shoes - so suddenly, it has become so meaningless.

“It’s difficult to cope. (At the start), I really couldn’t sleep. I can hear the doctor’s conversation to me, to tell me they can’t save my daughter.

“I can remember - word for word - I can exactly hear his voice, every night … it was really very tough for me.”

OUTSPOKEN AND WARM

As a young girl, Kathy was outspoken, warm and loving. The former Juying Primary, Nan Hua Secondary and Anglo-Chinese JC student was popular among her peers, drawing friends from different walks of life.

Growing up, she was a proficient musician - playing the piano, harp and guitar. Pitch perfect and with a keen musical ear, she could listen to a song and reproduce it.

But it wasn’t only music which drew people to her.

“‘Are you okay?’ That’s what she would always ask,” her secondary school friend Ng Ming Qian said.

“She would always remember what’s the last thing you were worried about, and she would check back with you.”

Childhood friend and neighbour Eunice Liew had known Kathy since they were six years old. They went to the same schools growing up.

“Kathy was a very affectionate person. Every time I (saw) her, she would get really excited,” Eunice explained.

“She would run to you and hug you. It happened every time - even if I saw her three times a week. She’s very bubbly, a people person and made a lot of friends everywhere she went.”

That caring nature was well known among her friends. For university mate Chloe Lim, it was the little things Kathy did for those around her, such as leaving food and notes for her friends in Tembusu College, or giving them hugs as a form of encouragement.

“She’s a very warm person. You could always look for her when you’re going through something difficult, and she would always comfort you,” Chloe recounted.

Since Kathy’s death, special occasions - such as anniversaries, Christmas and birthdays - have been especially hard. Kathy, her parents' only child, died on the anniversary of her baptism, an important date for her family.

“Every special day that will be painful for us, (her friends) will make sure we are well taken care of, like celebrate with us. They will come and spend time with us,” Jacqueline said.

“Like mother’s day, father’s day ... we can feel a lot of people showering us with a lot of love.”

For the couple, the memory of Kathy is something they hold fast to. Every three or four times a week, they will spend evenings at St Teresa church, Kathy’s final resting place.

“It was the loving care she showed towards the both of us. Every time she saw us, it’s hugs - even after she went to university, every time she saw us, she (would) hug us,” Keith said.

His wife added: “When we went shopping, she would hold your hand, wrap herself around your arms.

“There was a period I fell ill, and was in and out of hospital. No matter what, she would bring her homework, no matter how tired she was, she would come and lie with me in bed, you know? That’s the part I feel most precious.”

Kathy’s death has hit her family friends hard. Hundreds came to say their final farewells at her funeral. As her mum recalled Kathy’s sensitive nature, a smile formed on her lips.

“I remember there was once, my husband said, ‘I wish we could own a bigger house’. She said, ‘Daddy, we don’t need a bigger house. We only need a home’.

“That was what Kathy was like.”

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...xi-driver-yap-kok-hua-crash-clementi-11813398

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Danny Chan Pak-keung (7 September 1958 – 25 October 1993) was a Hong Kong singer. He was of the first generation of pop idols in Hong Kong. In addition to singing, he showed his talent for writing music in some of his songs, such as "Tears Dropping For You" (眼淚為你流) (1979), "Ripples" (漣漪) (1982), "Just Loving You" (偏偏喜歡你) (1983) and "Wait" (等) (1985). He is mostly remembered for his Cantopop romance ballads and high quality compositions. Chan died in 1993 after being in a coma for 17 months.

Death and speculation
Chan suffered from mild depression, which worsened during late 1980s. On 18 May 1992, Chan was found unconscious and he was admitted to Queen Mary Hospital in Hong Kong. It was speculated that this was due to an accidental mixing of alcohol with medicine.

Chan had suffered from advanced brain damage. He went into a coma for 17 months and died on 25 October 1993 at the age of 35.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Teresa Teng (traditional Chinese: 鄧麗君; simplified Chinese: 邓丽君; pinyin) : 29 January 1953 – 8 May 1995) was a Taiwanese singer, one of the most famous and successful singers to originate from the Mandarin-speaking world. She is known to the Chinese community worldwide (especially in South East Asian countries), even in groups who may not speak Mandarin as their primary language.

Teng's popularity was at the peak throughout the 1970s and 1980s, and still remained popular even in the 1990s up till her death in 1995. She was known for her folk songs and ballads, such as "When Will You Return?" "As Sweet as Honey" and "The Moon Represents My Heart". She recorded songs not only in Mandarin but also in Taiwanese Hokkien, Cantonese, Japanese, Indonesian and English. She also spoke French fluently.

Teng died from a severe respiratory attack while on vacation in Thailand in 1995, at the age of 42.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wong Ka Kui (10 June 1962 – 30 June 1993) was a Hong Kong musician, singer and songwriter. He rose to prominence as the lead vocalist, rhythm guitarist, main songwriter, and co-founder of the rock band Beyond in a large majority of Asian countries.

He wrote a lot of hit songs, including "Like You" (喜歡你) (1988), "Truly Love You" (真的愛你) (1989), "Glorious Years" (光輝歲月) (1990), "Amani" (1991), and "Boundless Oceans, Vast Skies" (海闊天空) (1993).[1]

During the rehearsal of a game show for Fuji Television in Tokyo, Japan on 24 June 1993, Wong fell, head first, from a three-metre platform, and died six days later from traumatic head injuries.

Death
Beyond migrated to Japan in 1992 to continue their music industry business. On 24 June 1993, to promote their new record, Beyond participated in the filming of a popular Japanese game show "Ucchan-nanchan no yarunara yaraneba" (ウッチャンナンチャンのやるならやらねば!) in the Fuji Television studio. An accident occurred 15 minutes after the show commenced. The stage floor was very narrow and slippery, and Wong fell off the platform with one of the hosts Teruyoshi Uchimura, while the show was on air. Wong Ka Kui fell 2.7 metres to the ground, where he landed head first and fell into a coma immediately.[4] Wong was rushed to the hospital, but due to the traumatic head injuries he suffered, the hospital operated cautiously.

On 26 June, several music fans of Beyond gathered at the carpark lot of the Commercial Radio Hong Kong Station to pray for him. While Wong remained in the hospital, the band's Japanese management company hired a Qigong Master to cure his injury, but ended without any progression. Six days later, at 16:15, in Tokyo Women's Medical University Hospital, on 30 June 1993, a Japanese representative announced Wong's death in a press conference. Wong's funeral procession caused traffic in various major streets in Hong Kong to grind to a standstill, and almost every famous Hong Kong Cantopop singer was in attendance to pay their respects. He was buried in Tseung Kwan O Chinese Permanent Cemetery in section 15/ row 6/ No. 25. His tombstone is made of white marble and bears the image of a guitar.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When someone so beautiful, kind and talented is taken away, we all feel that life is so unfair to her ... and to all her loved ones and friends. She holds so much promise to the world with her talent, her love and kindness to people. Yet, in a short , untimely manner, she is gone and only painful memories remain.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
‘We miss her laugh, her warmth’: Family, friends remember NUS undergrad Kathy Ong, who died in a taxi crash

“She said, 'Daddy, we don’t need a bigger house. We only need a home'. That was what Kathy was like.”

SINGAPORE: “It’s difficult to cope. At the start, I really couldn’t sleep,” said Kathy Ong’s mum Jacqueline Ng, describing the loss of her 19-year-old daughter after a taxi driver’s negligent actions caused her death.

“I feel that what is missing is all her laughter. When she was at home, she laughed a lot,” Jacqueline recalled. “We don’t know what we’re going to do moving forward, without her.”

Her parents Jacqueline and Keith feel the pain of losing Kathy as strongly as the day she died on Apr 19 last year.

“Every weekend I will fetch her from Tembusu, bring her home and then end of the day, we will do laundry together, fold her clothes … that’s when we spend time to talk and then, I will send her back,” Kathy’s dad Keith recalled.

“I’ve been doing this (since she started uni), and suddenly, now, the whole weekend (has) become so quiet and empty for us.

“You're literally lost … before that, you’re looking whether to work hard, earn more money, provide better for the family. But it’s like, suddenly, with the loss of her, both of us are like ‘What are we working for? What are we slogging for?’”

Her mum added: “To me, she was not just a daughter. We would go shopping together, go for high tea together, drink coffee together, we shared clothes, shoes - so suddenly, it has become so meaningless.

“It’s difficult to cope. (At the start), I really couldn’t sleep. I can hear the doctor’s conversation to me, to tell me they can’t save my daughter.

“I can remember - word for word - I can exactly hear his voice, every night … it was really very tough for me.”

OUTSPOKEN AND WARM

As a young girl, Kathy was outspoken, warm and loving. The former Juying Primary, Nan Hua Secondary and Anglo-Chinese JC student was popular among her peers, drawing friends from different walks of life.

Growing up, she was a proficient musician - playing the piano, harp and guitar. Pitch perfect and with a keen musical ear, she could listen to a song and reproduce it.

But it wasn’t only music which drew people to her.

“‘Are you okay?’ That’s what she would always ask,” her secondary school friend Ng Ming Qian said.

“She would always remember what’s the last thing you were worried about, and she would check back with you.”

Childhood friend and neighbour Eunice Liew had known Kathy since they were six years old. They went to the same schools growing up.

“Kathy was a very affectionate person. Every time I (saw) her, she would get really excited,” Eunice explained.

“She would run to you and hug you. It happened every time - even if I saw her three times a week. She’s very bubbly, a people person and made a lot of friends everywhere she went.”

That caring nature was well known among her friends. For university mate Chloe Lim, it was the little things Kathy did for those around her, such as leaving food and notes for her friends in Tembusu College, or giving them hugs as a form of encouragement.

“She’s a very warm person. You could always look for her when you’re going through something difficult, and she would always comfort you,” Chloe recounted.

Since Kathy’s death, special occasions - such as anniversaries, Christmas and birthdays - have been especially hard. Kathy, her parents' only child, died on the anniversary of her baptism, an important date for her family.

“Every special day that will be painful for us, (her friends) will make sure we are well taken care of, like celebrate with us. They will come and spend time with us,” Jacqueline said.

“Like mother’s day, father’s day ... we can feel a lot of people showering us with a lot of love.”

For the couple, the memory of Kathy is something they hold fast to. Every three or four times a week, they will spend evenings at St Teresa church, Kathy’s final resting place.

“It was the loving care she showed towards the both of us. Every time she saw us, it’s hugs - even after she went to university, every time she saw us, she (would) hug us,” Keith said.

His wife added: “When we went shopping, she would hold your hand, wrap herself around your arms.

“There was a period I fell ill, and was in and out of hospital. No matter what, she would bring her homework, no matter how tired she was, she would come and lie with me in bed, you know? That’s the part I feel most precious.”

Kathy’s death has hit her family friends hard. Hundreds came to say their final farewells at her funeral. As her mum recalled Kathy’s sensitive nature, a smile formed on her lips.

“I remember there was once, my husband said, ‘I wish we could own a bigger house’. She said, ‘Daddy, we don’t need a bigger house. We only need a home’.

“That was what Kathy was like.”

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...xi-driver-yap-kok-hua-crash-clementi-11813398
Bcos no Soylent Green. If got Soylent Green, both young n old will die n be less of a burden. Soylent Green, it's for people

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there r oso ugly, unkind n talenless who die early ... wud u haf noticed dem? ...

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there r oso ugly, unkind n talenless who die early ... wud u haf noticed dem? ...

If they are ugly, unkind and have nothing to contribute to the world except to make it worse, good riddance to them. It is fair that they should go early.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is just a waste for good , kind and very talented people to go early . They are making a positive impact to others, but so soon they are gone. Often time, their death has nothing to do with them doing the wrong things. Accident and ill health hit them at their prime of lives.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Becos God has better plans for them.

Proven that human life sucks when u hv Sam the anti Chinese chauvinist kpkb here...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Lee Kuan Yew GCMG CH SPMJ (16 September 1923 – 23 March 2015), commonly referred to by his initials LKY and sometimes referred to in his earlier years as Harry Lee, was the first Prime Minister of Singapore, governing for three decades. Lee is recognised as the nation's founding father, with the country described as transitioning from the "third world country to first world country in a single generation" under his leadership.[2][3][4]

I'd say he left too early because his house is in disarray children fighting each other, members promoting homosexuality, Singapore's economy don't do well, Singapore cannot get along with other countries.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Kuan Yew GCMG CH SPMJ (16 September 1923 – 23 March 2015), commonly referred to by his initials LKY and sometimes referred to in his earlier years as Harry Lee, was the first Prime Minister of Singapore, governing for three decades. Lee is recognised as the nation's founding father, with the country described as transitioning from the "third world country to first world country in a single generation" under his leadership.[2][3][4]

I'd say he left too early because his house is in disarray children fighting each other, members promoting homosexuality, Singapore's economy don't do well, Singapore cannot get along with other countries.
I miss lky too. :frown:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I miss lky too. :frown:

Is he Bruce Lee ?

Lee Jun-fan (Chinese: 李振藩; November 27, 1940 – July 20, 1973), known professionally as Bruce Lee (Chinese: 李小龍), was a Hong Kong-American actor, director, martial artist, martial arts instructor, and philosopher. He was the founder of Jeet Kune Do, a hybrid martial arts philosophy drawing from different combat disciplines that is often credited with paving the way for modern mixed martial arts (MMA). Lee is considered by commentators, critics, media, and other martial artists to be the most influential martial artist of all time and a pop culture icon of the 20th century, who bridged the gap between East and West. He is often credited with helping to change the way Asians were presented in American films.

The son of Cantonese opera star Lee Hoi-chuen, Lee was born in the Chinatown area of San Francisco, California, on November 27, 1940, to parents from Hong Kong, and was raised with his family in Kowloon, Hong Kong. He was introduced to the film industry by his father and appeared in several films as a child actor. Lee moved to the United States at the age of 18 to receive his higher education at the University of Washington in Seattle, and it was during this time that he began teaching martial arts. His Hong Kong and Hollywood-produced films elevated the traditional Hong Kong martial arts film to a new level of popularity and acclaim, sparking a surge of interest in Chinese martial arts in the West in the 1970s. The direction and tone of his films dramatically changed and influenced martial arts and martial arts films in the US, Hong Kong, and the rest of the world.

He is noted for his roles in five feature-length martial arts films in the early 1970s: Lo Wei's The Big Boss (1971) and Fist of Fury (1972); Golden Harvest's Way of the Dragon (1972), directed and written by Lee; Golden Harvest and Warner Brothers' Enter the Dragon (1973) and The Game of Death (1978), both directed by Robert Clouse.[16] Lee became an iconic figure known throughout the world, particularly among the Chinese, based upon his portrayal of Chinese nationalism in his films[17] and among Asian Americans for defying stereotypes associated with the emasculated Asian male.[18] He trained in the art of Wing Chun and later combined his other influences from various sources into the spirit of his personal martial arts philosophy, which he dubbed Jeet Kune Do (The Way of the Intercepting Fist). Lee held dual nationality in Hong Kong and the US.[19] He died in Hong Kong on July 20, 1973 at the age of 32, and was buried in Seattle.

On May 10, 1973, Lee collapsed during an automated dialogue replacementsession for Enter the Dragon at Golden Harvest in Hong Kong. Suffering from seizures and headaches, he was immediately rushed to Hong Kong Baptist Hospital, where doctors diagnosed cerebral edema. They were able to reduce the swelling through the administration of mannitol. The headache and cerebral edema that occurred in his first collapse were later repeated on the day of his death.[98]

DEATH
On July 20, 1973, Lee was in Hong Kong to have dinner with actor George Lazenby, with whom he intended to make a film. According to Lee's wife Linda, Lee met producer Raymond Chow at 2 p.m. at home to discuss the making of the film Game of Death. They worked until 4 p.m. and then drove together to the home of Lee's colleague Betty Ting Pei, a Taiwanese actress. The three went over the script at Ting's home, and then Chow left to attend a dinner meeting.[99][100]

Later, Lee complained of a headache, and Ting gave him the painkiller Equagesic, which contained both aspirin and the tranquilizer meprobamate. Around 7:30 p.m., he went to lie down for a nap. When Lee did not come for dinner, Chow came to the apartment, but he was unable to wake Lee up. A doctor was summoned, and spent ten minutes attempting to revive Lee before sending him by ambulance to Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Lee was declared dead on arrival, at the age of 32.[101]

There was no visible external injury; however, according to autopsy reports, Lee's brain had swollen considerably, from 1,400 to 1,575 grams (a 13 percent increase). The autopsy found Equagesic in his system. On October 15, 2005, Chow stated in an interview that Lee died from an allergic reaction to the tranquilizer meprobamate, the main ingredient in Equagesic, which Chow described as an ingredient commonly used in painkillers. When the doctors announced Lee's death, it was officially ruled a "death by misadventure".

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This life would not be lost if SINKapore has a one penalty (ie. death) for all crimes, minor or major.

You think the taxi driver would have taken the risk of violating the law if the price to pay is the death penalty?

Damien-Mystic

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all taxi drivers, no offence, I make following comment from long experience with you lot. If you are tired from long hours of driving, just rest, don't be a dick head. But if you are frustrated with life as a taxi driver, then strive for whatever that you consider a better career. If this is not possible for whatever reason and you are still frustrated with life as a taxi driver, tell you what, why don't you just go home (if you even have one), you see that nice little knife inside kitchen cabinet? Well, take that nice little knife, yes that's right, then wipe it over butter or cooking oil, and then push it inside your anus. There you go, nicely done, nicely done. Now, are you still frustrated with your life as a taxi driver? If yes, every time you sit in your taxi, just remember that feeling of that nicely little knife inside your anus. That's right. Not so bad isn't it? Surely is better than to have someone push you down from top floor of HDB block, right?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try sonethibg new and fashioonable. Take a 3 days cruise to nowhere... enjoy first pay back later with a jump...

See. Life is good before the end.....enjoy

To all taxi drivers, no offence, I make following comment from long experience with you lot. If you are tired from long hours of driving, just rest, don't be a dick head. But if you are frustrated with life as a taxi driver, then strive for whatever that you consider a better career. If this is not possible for whatever reason and you are still frustrated with life as a taxi driver, tell you what, why don't you just go home (if you even have one), you see that nice little knife inside kitchen cabinet? Well, take that nice little knife, yes that's right, then wipe it over butter or cooking oil, and then push it inside your anus. There you go, nicely done, nicely done. Now, are you still frustrated with your life as a taxi driver? If yes, every time you sit in your taxi, just remember that feeling of that nicely little knife inside your anus. That's right. Not so bad isn't it? Surely is better than to have someone push you down from top floor of HDB block, right?