• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who are the sleeper agents in the Opposition parties?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
MI6 is really going into the realm of creative imagination whether trained by them or its them. Imagine how silly its sounds to spend all that money on such training to infiltrate singapore opposition parties. All these infiltration can be done by junior handlers in any intelligence outfit. Political parties are super poor and are struggling to make ends meet, and trying to best to hold to the few good people they have. They don't have the means and time to run sophisticated clandestine operations requiring covert skills from MI6. .

MI6 trained doesn't mean he was sent for training specifically to infiltrate opposition. He could have had another assignment before like ISD terrorist unit.

i suspect only those "cannot make it" operatives are sent to oppo parties. the good ones either spy on PAP grassroots to make sure the slate it kept clean or army units which is a prime target for "disruption" by undesirable elements.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
GMS, you are nowhere near a prime target to be fixed.

Haha, you are right.

You know, since young, I have made this conscious effort not to be involved in any "political sensitive" organizations, neither am I interested in governmental related organization except for that naive participation in Cheng San CCC activity, which I thought was all for citizens' leisure and welfare. I was proven wrong so I quit.

Basically, a total de-link from any form of "organization of trouble". But sub-consciously, I am still very much concerned about social issues, national issues, current affairs and such. And subconsciously, there is a nagging voice in me to tell me to do something about all those things.

So somehow, I have protected myself from having any cupboards of skeletons or links to any potential trouble in my early life while keeping my interests in public policy debates.

They will really have a hard time to "fix" me. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That makes sense.

MI6 trained doesn't mean he was sent for training specifically to infiltrate opposition. He could have had another assignment before like ISD terrorist unit.

i suspect only those "cannot make it" operatives are sent to oppo parties. the good ones either spy on PAP grassroots to make sure the slate it kept clean or army units which is a prime target for "disruption" by undesirable elements.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, not PRC. Local woman. In the late 1970s, GKS took a team of engineers from Mindef, called them "system engineers" and did a review of education. On the MOE side, they appointed a coordinator to facilitate and work with them. It was a lady and she did a brilliant job of faclitating Goh that he married her after divorcing his 1st wife.

The next bit is a side issue but its one of the biggest black mark in our history. The "Goh Report" was delivered in 1979 and it was his one and only debacle. Based on the report streaming was implementated at Primary 3. Imagine deciding the future of the kid at age 9. Many people including parents, teachers and principals panicked. All effort was put in to ensure that the kids don't get streamed down and not see secondary schools but VTE etc. Kids began taking tuition and the pressure cooker went into overdrive ( or is it overboil). Something unexpected happened. The kids did beyond expectation and the projection of the system enginneers. School overall standards shot up - just to avoid streaming downwards.

Here is the bizarre part - GKS lost the plot and demanded the sacking of school principals who raised the standard of their schools unexpectedly and thereby damaging all the planning including handling the volume of students that were expected to be streamed down. By the way, these appear as a matter of record from many quarters of the education system.

Heard the one abt GKS when he was stepping down. Wasnt it the one where GKS was going around with a PRC woman and he told Harry, "Why don't you try it sometime?". If this is true, guess only GKS wld have the privilege and balls to tell that to Old man's face.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, you failed to mention someone who thank God(h) that it happened.:wink: He laughed all the way to the bank and with Government approval too!:biggrin:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lcPVRNud_W8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lcPVRNud_W8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a story! Tks. Keep 'em coming!

ps. (How come you know so much?)

Bro, not PRC. Local woman. In the late 1970s, GKS took a team of engineers from Mindef, called them "system engineers" and did a review of education. On the MOE side, they appointed a coordinator to facilitate and work with them. It was a lady and she did a brilliant job of faclitating Goh that he married her after divorcing his 1st wife.

The next bit is a side issue but its one of the biggest black mark in our history. The "Goh Report" was delivered in 1979 and it was his one and only debacle. Based on the report streaming was implementated at Primary 3. Imagine deciding the future of the kid at age 9. Many people including parents, teachers and principals panicked. All effort was put in to ensure that the kids don't get streamed down and not see secondary schools but VTE etc. Kids began taking tuition and the pressure cooker went into overdrive ( or is it overboil). Something unexpected happened. The kids did beyond expectation and the projection of the system enginneers. School overall standards shot up - just to avoid streaming downwards.

Here is the bizarre part - GKS lost the plot and demanded the sacking of school principals who raised the standard of their schools unexpectedly and thereby damaging all the planning including handling the volume of students that were expected to be streamed down. By the way, these appear as a matter of record from many quarters of the education system.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You are right about that. They are still interviewing his ex-primary school classmates to determine if he used hokkein profanities. The guy is hopelessly clean.

Haha, my wife always says, I live like a Holy man. :wink:

But it is nice to hear that I am not the prime target. Holy man is supposed to teach and educate, instead of becoming a Martyr of any sort. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
As forummer Pegasus said in one of the Political threads a few days ago - alot of people are aware but they are not prepared to speak yet. We were raised and conditioned to treat anything negative about the government as state secret. Most people cannot differentiate what is what.

Note, you hardly hear a whimper from me when it comes to Mindef, military, nearly all of which falls into state secret.

What a story! Tks. Keep 'em coming!

ps. (How come you know so much?)

jw5

Loyal
You are right about that. They are still interviewing his ex-primary school classmates to determine if he used hokkein profanities. The guy is hopelessly clean.
They should be interviewing his army platoon mates, not his primary school mates. :smile:
If it is true about him, that makes him an almost ideal opposition candidate.
He just has to be careful what he says and writes, that's why it's even more important that he gets into parliament and able to obtain parliamentary priviledge.

jw5

Loyal

He obviously made a good choice as she's looking after him now.
Do you know that there was a time when I actually thought you were her? :smile:
Don't see what you said as a black mark at all. Don't see what's the problem in some spoilt brat singaporean 9 year olds and their parents getting their knickers in a twist.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As forummer Pegasus said in one of the Political threads a few days ago - alot of people are aware but they are not prepared to speak yet. We were raised and conditioned to treat anything negative about the government as state secret. Most people cannot differentiate what is what.

Note, you hardly hear a whimper from me when it comes to Mindef, military, nearly all of which falls into state secret.

If you know it, it's probably not (or no longer) state secret. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL. Good one.

The Goh Report had these kids tagged at a very young age and if streamed down, they will not go thru Secondary on the normal route. Its a staggering approach purely on a the basis of human aspiration. When parents, teachers and school principals decided in their own minds ( it was never a collective decision nor was the any collusion) to push the standards and save the kids to clear this hurdle, it proved all statistics and probabilities of the system engineers wrong. Its destroyed and completely cut the validity of the entire report.

I believe that GKS himself acknowledged this dark episode as one off in a stellar career. The system enginneers who had a very high profile at the launch of the effort, seldom refer to this part of their personal history.

He obviously made a good choice as she's looking after him now.
Do you know that there was a time when I actually thought you were her? :smile:
Don't see what you said as a black mark at all. Don't see what's the problem in some spoilt brat singaporean 9 year olds and their parents getting their knickers in a twist.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
After all these years, you still don't know my style. The degree of secrecy of any item in this forum is directly correlated to the length of the thread. Longer the thread, deeper are the buried gems.

If you know it, it's probably not (or no longer) state secret. :biggrin:

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The system enginneers who had a very high profile at the launch of the effort, seldom refer to this part of their personal history.

I believe these 'system engineers' are in full bloom now - amongst them I think are people like Philip Yeo & Tan Chin Nam...remember who are the others & how are they now ?

hmmm 'System Engineers' reminds me of a similar phase at Ford Motor Co. After WW2, 'system-engineer' generation of managers-leaders moved into Ford & other Fortune 500 - the most prominent of which the late Robert McNamara (then Ford Motor Co CEO) was inducted into President Kennedy's cabinet as Sec of Defense...

Robert subsequently tainted his own credibility by his conduct of Vietnam War, then resign to join World Bank.

Some parallel with Spore's 'system engineers'.....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, including our Capitaland hero. This is the clique that is also close to Ho Ching.

Your pick of McNamara is spot on. It is based on the belief that numbers don't lie. Statistics was the key driver. The problem was how to interpret and convert human actvity, thought and aspirations into numbers. In those days, no regressions testing, no false-positive rate etc. The concept of challenger-champion models running simultaneously was never considered.

Interestingly, Goh's background was in social economics and he did very credible work when he was with the Colonial Civil service and doing studies in social area.

I believe these 'system engineers' are in full bloom now - amongst them I think are people like Philip Yeo & Tan Chin Nam...remember who are the others & how are they now ?

hmmm 'System Engineers' reminds me of a similar phase at Ford Motor Co. After WW2, 'system-engineer' generation of managers-leaders moved into Ford & other Fortune 500 - the most prominent of which the late Robert McNamara (then Ford Motor Co CEO) was inducted into President Kennedy's cabinet as Sec of Defense...

Robert subsequently tainted his own credibility by his conduct of Vietnam War, then resign to join World Bank.

Some parallel with Spore's 'system engineers'.....

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, including our Capitaland hero. This is the clique that is also close to Ho Ching.

Your pick of McNamara is spot on. It is based on the belief that numbers don't lie. Statistics was the key driver. The problem was how to interpret and convert human actvity, thought and aspirations into numbers. In those days, no regressions testing, no false-positive rate etc. The concept of challenger-champion models running simultaneously was never considered.

Interestingly, Goh's background was in social economics and he did very credible work when he was with the Colonial Civil service and doing studies in social area.

Wonder what the systems engineers would have found about the dynamics of Singapore politics and governance if GKS had fallen for HC instead. Guess we still can play Happy Family.