• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who are the "Many People" of Tan Kin Lian

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are those losers in the Minibond saga.
Rich upper middle class who wants to turn their bad experiences into national issues with "Voice of the People" election platform.

Tan Kin Lian,

Many people want you to shut up.
Only some people want you to speak up.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now, now, please give him a chance to launch a plan to appeal to many people for donation to recoup $48,000 please. This at least he can calculate the odds for success with his actuarial skills. It just need an architectural touch up from his many daughters.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL did not do very bad. He wanted 100 000 signatures to support his run but from the 5% out of 2.2 million who voted for him, he got 110 000 votes. He got what he bargained for.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL did not do very bad. He wanted 100 000 signatures to support his run but from the 5% out of 2.2 million who voted for him, he got 110 000 votes. He got what he bargained for.

Yes, now he got what he wanted he has to stand for the next GE.
"Many people want me to be the voice of the people; thats why I am standing for election as MP".

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
If only he had listened to the many good advices telling him not to stand. Would have save not only his lost deposit, but also his honour and name.

When the president in office gives up the ghost, which wont be too long... he will have a better reason to win.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, he finally got his 100,000 support signatures.

Mr Tan Kin Lian received 103,931 votes.

He got pung sey so many times. Good hearted folks who cannot vote PAP or the nuclear option vote to help him to retain his deposit.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somehow I feel TKL did not eat into TJS vote bank but it TCB middle ground votes he took away.

My reason being there are always a group of fence sitters who wants independent and non-confrontational president. TT and TJS is obviously out.

Thus their choice will be between TCB and TKL. TCB independence stance is dubious as he was an ex-PAP MP who resigned just before GE. Whereas TKL was just a cadre and resigned from PAP long ago. In this sense TKL had the edge over TCB.

I have no doubt if TKL didn't contest, TCB will win the election.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somehow I feel TKL did not eat into TJS vote bank but it TCB middle ground votes he took away.

My reason being there are always a group of fence sitters who wants independent and non-confrontational president. TT and TJS is obviously out.

Thus their choice will be between TCB and TKL. TCB independence stance is dubious as he was an ex-PAP MP who resigned just before GE. Whereas TKL was just a cadre and resigned from PAP long ago. In this sense TKL had the edge over TCB.

I have no doubt if TKL didn't contest, TCB will win the election.

Many people shared this thoughts.
Many people advised TKL to withdraw but for some reasons he carried on.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I personally thought he handled the defeat well and with grace. When he conceded the elections early and mentioned that he might lose his deposit to the press, he was upfront. He did not hide or was evasive. I am sure that he will learn 2 lessons from this. To pick better advisors and understand his own shortcomings. I saw that his wife also handled it well. I don't think he will make it in GE either. Too many prominent negative attributes.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
IIRC, GMS announced he going HK and Ramseth announced he going BKK on nomination eve, sorry can't help and can't be helped, something like that LOL. But I agree, TKL and his mrs. looked steady and well in defeat. Anyway I think it's end of politics for him. He's not the type with the cut. Go back to talk about financial planning better.

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
perhaps...but think he screwed up again wif his lame post in his blog in the wee hours of the AM...this chap really CMI as a politician...

I personally thought he handled the defeat well and with grace. When he conceded the elections early and mentioned that he might lose his deposit to the press, he was upfront. He did not hide or was evasive. I am sure that he will learn 2 lessons from this. To pick better advisors and understand his own shortcomings. I saw that his wife also handled it well. I don't think he will make it in GE either. Too many prominent negative attributes.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
perhaps...but think he screwed up again wif his lame post in his blog in the wee hours of the AM...this chap really CMI as a politician...

Right from the beginning he has shown he is not tough emotionally.
But cannot blame him cause he is practically a political newbie with no party and experienced people to support him up.
Through him we can now appreciate how tough it must be for LTK and CST to go against those MIW gangs in public and in parliament all these years.

Last edited: