• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which is the most significant dialect group in china and is there a ranking?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need Re-education

Ramseth said:
Don't need to argue. Teochew is best. Most handsome men and most pretty women.

As for Han people, that refers to people in the central plain between Yellow and Yangtze Rivers at the time of Qin and Han Dynasties. Hokkien, Teochew and Canton are in Jiang Nan, i.e. south of Yangtze, properly and permanently integrated into the Chinese Empire only by the time of Tang Dynasty. That's why they call themselves Tang people, which by integration makes them Han people too. During the weakest moments of Qing Dynasty, most imperial efforts and resources were banked on saving the north and central, the south became the most prone to suffering and exodus. That's why most oversea Chinese are southerners.

Some "logic errors" detected. For your info ... If you do notice the common traits of the Teochews, you will find them with small and sharp noses (a good looking feature) BUT they are often short. This is different from Hock Chia (most of them quite tall) or even Hokkien people in general. Fujian men are really 96.6% 华夏 Hua Xia people though I feel that the specimens for the test should be larger to provide better accuracy for reading.

I can say I'm good looking because I was often greeted by stall holders as "Yen Dow, what do you need ?" and then the "帅哥" came as a surprise. Now, they are learning fast from Taiwanese programs. A pretty Jap girl 21 to 25 yo turned her head faster than an M1 tank turret to take a glance at me. Quite a few incidents like this on the train too. There are times, I don't like that kind of attention, and at times, I do enjoy it. I do surpass Zhu Ge Liang in term of wisdom at some point too. Some viewed that 韩信 Han Xin was better than Kong Ming (Zhu Ge Liang). I 文武貌三全。Sorry to break the news like this.

啊牛 sings 对面的女孩看过来。。。看过来,看过来。

sleaguepunter said:
Ma Sanbao (馬三寶 / 马三宝) and Hajji Mahmud Shamsuddin (Persian: حاجی محمود شمس الدين) was a Hui-Chinese mariner

Correct ! He's NOT a Han at all. He's a Uyghur type but more towards 回回 Hui Hui. Hence the word we used today to describe 回教 Muslim or Islam in Singapore.

Ramseth said:
I don't give a damn which race or dialect can make it. I'm the most handsome, that's it.

Without the injection and disemination of Teochew blood and genes, Thais today would look somewhere between Pinoy maids and Borneo orang asli. Even the Thai royal family is half Teochew. The Shinawatra family is not Teochew though, they're from Yunnan. They have Chinese surname too, it's 郑。

Okay, first thing being first ... Last year, there's a Thai professor who suggested that "Thailand" should be reverted back to "Siam". I shoot my two hands up with applause. Why ? I may need to write a 'book' here. Let me compile first. There are times I have to write a long report in other forums as well.

Jah_rastafar_I said:
Are u sure it's just the teochew influencing the entire thailand? I read that shinawatra have hakka in them. I read an article before how thaksin visited his ancestral home in china and they held some banquet for him. It mentioned that he's 1/8 chinese hakka i think. Yet he looks so chinese.

Hakka men are only 80% Han with the rest probably a She tribe according to a DNA test. Cantonese men only 60% which I have mentioned before, right ?

Narong Wongwan said:
Before the Dais came to now Thailand, the Mons and Khmer were already there. So Thais are of a mixture of Dai, Mon and Khmer bloodline.

Thaksin's Chinese surname was 丘。
Sae means 姓.....thai chinese are well assimilated nowadays and most adopted thai surnames....

Daic race ? Yah, most Mon and Khmer people. 丘 Qui is one of the eight strong clans that migrated down to Fu Jian. 姓 is the maternal side and not the paternal side. 姓氏 on your form does not explain which you should provide. Conqueror knows his own 姓 and 氏. What about you ? You should all go and find out your heritage.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Need Re-education

What's there to feel superior about so-called pure Han? It's also an artificially evolved ethniicity from previous mixes. Was Huangdi a Han? Was Confucius a Han? :wink:

I don't give a damn as long as I'm the most handsome and most intelligent. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanaka ?

One thing i noticed most thai ladies love to apply some sort of make up to their face to make them ghastly white.

You mean Thanaka, the magical powder ?

For those of you who are less versed in Myanmar ways let me briefly explain thanaka. This powder is worn by nearly all women and children in Myanmar and by a good percentage of the men. It is made by grinding the bark of sandalwood. Generally, a large chunk of branch is bought and it is freshly ground everyday. It is said to cool the skin during hot weather and it is a natural sunscreen and is overall good for the complexion.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I Thought I Covered This Before ?

What's there to feel superior about so-called pure Han? It's also an artificially evolved ethniicity from previous mixes. Was Huangdi a Han? Was Confucius a Han? :wink:

I don't give a damn as long as I'm the most handsome and most intelligent. :biggrin:

Han was the beginning of a simple mixture. I need to go and find those previous threads.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: I Thought I Covered This Before ?

conqueror didnt use Han as a basic but 华夏. I guess he meant tribe that make up the Xia Dynasty. Well that should be around 2000BC.

einsteinsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinese are all the same, they only jobs they are good at are servants and construction workers, because they like to bow their heads and work their ass off for as little money as possible. The Singaporeans from Chinese-speaking backgrounds should go back to being servants and construction workers, I don't understand why we allow them to work as food hawkers, bus drivers and technicians, they are horrible at these jobs.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually it very difficult to acertain who is han or not. Using Han Dynasty is a base, Liu Bang is consider a Chu (southern barbarian) as his ancestral hometown was near pengcheng. But then he set his capital near the old qin capital xianyang near current Xi An where was consider as barbarian area by the ppl of central plain. Going to Zhou Dynasty, zhou wen wang himself also consider as a barbarian by the Shang Court. liddat who can consider as the real chinese?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Start From Early Xia

Go ahead. Han didn't exist until about 200 BC. China existed from about 2,000 BC.

先夏 Early Xia = Yellow Emperor + Fiery Emperor tribes as Confederate w/o the 东夷 Eastern Tribes

华夏 Hua Xia = Yellow Emperor + Fiery Emperor + Eastern Tribes (newly joined member into the confederate)

商 Shang aka 殷 Yin (Japanese and Korean knew us as Yin)

周 Chou (later with the emergence of a new state like Qin)

汉 Han = Hua Xia + 楚 Chu (southern barbarians)

中国 China = Han + various northern barbarians like Xian Bei, Khitans, Manchu, Mongolians, Uyghurs, etc + southern tribes like Min Yue, Ou Yue, Wu Yue, Bai Yue, various Miao (Hmongs), etc. The most complex confederate.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Start From Early Xia

先夏 Early Xia = Yellow Emperor + Fiery Emperor tribes as Confederate w/o the 东夷 Eastern Tribes

华夏 Hua Xia = Yellow Emperor + Fiery Emperor + Eastern Tribes (newly joined member into the confederate)

商 Shang aka 殷 Yin (Japanese and Korean knew us as Yin)

周 Chou (later with the emergence of a new state like Qin)

汉 Han = Hua Xia + 楚 Chu (southern barbarians)

中国 China = Han + various northern barbarians like Xian Bei, Khitans, Manchu, Mongolians, Uyghurs, etc + southern tribes like Min Yue, Ou Yue, Wu Yue, Bai Yue, various Miao (Hmongs), etc. The most complex confederate.

Thanks. You've just ratified what I've been saying. :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Zhou Dynasty Spring & Autumn era, all the recognized and "commissioned" Chinese states had Lords or Dukes under one Zhou KIng. They tried to exclude to southern Chu as barbarians, whose leader receieved no conferment from the Zhou King and proclaimed himself King like the Zhou King. The proclaimation of kingdom initally had no intention of usurping the Zhou Dynasty until the Warring States era when only 7 states all proclaiming themselves kings and kingdoms.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Conqueror said:
姓 is the maternal side and not the paternal side. 姓氏 on your form does not explain which you should provide. Conqueror knows his own 姓 and 氏. What about you ? You should all go and find out your heritage.

You are correct only up to about 2,500 years ago. 姓 was matrilineal until around 500 BC in the Zhou Dynasty and it was practised only among the noblemen and royal family. After that 姓 became patrilineal and also widely adopted by the common people. 氏 is more a name of the clan. So in modern times, a woman who marries into a family carries the husband's 姓 but kept her own 氏。

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Need Re-education

Some "logic errors" detected. For your info ... If you do notice the common traits of the Teochews, you will find them with small and sharp noses (a good looking feature) BUT they are often short. This is different from Hock Chia (most of them quite tall) or even Hokkien people in general. Fujian men are really 96.6% 华夏 Hua Xia people though I feel that the specimens for the test should be larger to provide better accuracy for reading.

I can say I'm good looking because I was often greeted by stall holders as "Yen Dow, what do you need ?" and then the "帅哥" came as a surprise. Now, they are learning fast from Taiwanese programs. A pretty Jap girl 21 to 25 yo turned her head faster than an M1 tank turret to take a glance at me. Quite a few incidents like this on the train too. There are times, I don't like that kind of attention, and at times, I do enjoy it. I do surpass Zhu Ge Liang in term of wisdom at some point too. Some viewed that 韩信 Han Xin was better than Kong Ming (Zhu Ge Liang). I 文武貌三全。Sorry to break the news like this.

啊牛 sings 对面的女孩看过来。。。看过来,看过来。

But you're a foo chownese not a teochew. The sharp nose thing well i can confirm cos i have one. I think pierre png and tay ping hui and lee nanxing are all teochews and they're quite good looking.