• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which is better ? The best place to be or simply just Happiness?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok ok.. some say 'this' place is good.. some say 'that' place is better.. How about happiness ? Are you HAPPY at all ?

Do we have bench mark to measure happiness?

It will be interesting to know..

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Ok ok.. some say 'this' place is good.. some say 'that' place is better.. How about happiness ? Are you HAPPY at all ?

PLACES don't bring happiness. Events and achievements do.

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oei...just look back at the events for the past five years and are you sure you haven't achieve anything???

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oei...just look back at the events for the past five years and are you sure you haven't achieve anything???

Past 5 yrs ? On the run most of the time.. moved places for 5 times liao. SG to Brisbane.. then to SG.. to Taiwan.. finally to Melbourne.. My family said enough is enough, they prefer to settle down asap :o

Some frz in SG laughed and named me as 'fugitive'.. @#$%^$%^ achieved nothing yet, but I am happy :wink:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yo depeche.. my chicken loan is likely to be approved again :biggrin: heehee.. SG is treating me well :p Now it is up to the valuer. If done deal, I can claim that I've achieved something this time. :biggrin:

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If one wants to seek happiness, one my first learn how to be content.

I've learned a lot about myself since arriving in Oz, and from there have come to be at peace with the things I am or am not capable of doing. From there, I sought to excel in the things I was good in and found contentment.

I think QXD should be happy because he started this thread :

<< The simple, idle pleasures of life in Oz >>

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=60754

Anymore?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow...you really good...:smile:

All you need to do.. is to talk really big, subsequently implement some magic to ya application :wink: if queried, provide crap justification as long as it makes sense :p
Finally, approved ! they'll buy you dinner following approval ! wahahaha

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one wants to seek happiness, one my first learn how to be content.

I've learned a lot about myself since arriving in Oz, and from there have come to be at peace with the things I am or am not capable of doing. From there, I sought to excel in the things I was good in and found contentment.

Hmmm.. I did actually the opposite.

For me the most important thing is "Time". I have the adequate time to do the things I wana do.. My 'private time' is not compromised in anyway.. This makes me happy.

Last edited:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

What?

Happiness is personal. A person, a place, or a thing WONT make anyone truly happy. Money wont make you happy. Dont tell me you thing external influences is the secret to happiness?

Its something you cultivate, something you attain.

On a last note, sociologists WILL TELL YOU when a nation transitions from a simple, laid back, easy going country filled with "happy people" and a lower cost of living to a nation consumed with a faster pace of living, longer working hours, dual income families, costs, inflation etc people become "less happy"

not bashing - but you know very well what has changed in what country in the last ten years.