• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which guy would you choose for your sister?

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is something interesting from another forum. I've modified it to make it more fun.

This is the original version. Any additional information comes later:

---

If you sister has these 3 guys chasing after her, which would you prefer her to choose as boyfriend or hubby?

1) An Ah Sia Kia. His family ish quite rich : own a company which makes a $5m profit every year and they live in a bungalow and he drives a Mazda RX7. Ok looking and has a care-free, easy life character. He is one of the 2 sons in the family and will be managing his family business with his brother when his dad retires in 15-20 years' time.

2) A Government overseas scholar who has just finished his overseas studies at Cambridge and now working in the government sector with great career prospects. He ish a little short at 1.68cm, bui bui at 70kg and quite boring to be with and talk to.

3) An Ah Beng Kia who is very handsome and very popular with girls and your sister likes him most because he is also very enjoyable to be with. (edit : she loves him) Although he may be the next Andy Lau, he is contented with a job paying $1.5K-$2K per month and is hardworking in his job, hoping that he will be getting $2.5K per month by the time he reaches 30 and $3K per month when he is above 35 years old.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean you are the only real guy on the forum and everyone else are clones? How come there's never any real reply unlike the other forum? :rolleyes:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
More appropriately you could generate more discussion if the title is changed to "Which guy would you choose for your son-in-law?"

Then you may trawl more ideas for your school / polytechnic / ITE assignment.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This is something interesting from another forum. I've modified it to make it more fun.

---

If you sister has these 3 guys chasing after her, which would you prefer her to choose as boyfriend or hubby?

1) An Ah Sia Kia. His family ish quite rich : own a company which makes a $5m profit every year and they live in a bungalow and he drives a Mazda RX7. Ok looking and has a care-free, easy life character. He is one of the 2 sons in the family and will be managing his family business with his brother when his dad retires in 15-20 years' time.

2) A Government overseas scholar who has just finished his overseas studies at Cambridge and now working in the government sector with great career prospects. He ish a little short at 1.68cm, bui bui at 70kg and quite boring to be with and talk to.

3) An Ah Beng Kia who is very handsome and very popular with girls and your sister likes him most because he is also very enjoyable to be with. (edit : she loves him) Although he may be the next Andy Lau, he is contented with a job paying $1.5K-$2K per month and is hardworking in his job, hoping that he will be getting $2.5K per month by the time he reaches 30 and $3K per month when he is above 35 years old.

If and only IF my sister asks me to choose for her, only then would i even think to interfere. Likely number 2 or 3, i have seen a rich friend of mine fall from 1. and thank goodness i managed to psycho him into studies during our NS years. As a result, when his dad biz failed, he was able to bounce back. Of course, as with most fellow Singaporeans, i am too low class now to be considered his friend since he doesn't even bother to keep in touch with me.

#1 is good but no guarantee against failure, may not have education or work experience as a safety net. Support network may work or may fail.
#2 is protected against failures and market forces as well as common sense in his job.
#3 May need to suffer with him but well as long as she loves him.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
More appropriately you could generate more discussion if the title is changed to "Which guy would you choose for your son-in-law?"

Then you may trawl more ideas for your school / polytechnic / ITE assignment.

I thought of that and that's exactly what I don't want to do.

The fun parts really comes later. It'll be about
1. What the three guys are like emotionally
2. Who the sister really loves

However, I will only write the other parts after I get enough well thought out answers.

Remember, what you see on the surface, is not what you get. The three guys aren't actually what they seem on the surface. And that's the cool part. :wink:

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
You didn't mention about the moral character of the Ah Sia Kia in Cat (1). If he is not a flirt, I'd pick him to be my brother-in-law.

The reason is simple. For very selfish reason, I want a brother-in-law who can help me in my career. I need not have to work in his company, but his network can be quite useful if I ever need it. And for even more selfish reason, I want my sister to be well taken care of, financially.

I'd also like to know the academic qualification of that Ah Beng in Cat (3) when fine tuning my choices.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
If and only IF my sister asks me to choose for her, only then would i even think to interfere. Likely number 2 or 3, i have seen a rich friend of mine fall from 1. and thank goodness i managed to psycho him into studies during our NS years. As a result, when his dad biz failed, he was able to bounce back. Of course, as with most fellow Singaporeans, i am too low class now to be considered his friend since he doesn't even bother to keep in touch with me.

#1 is good but no guarantee against failure, may not have education or work experience as a safety net. Support network may work or may fail.
#2 is protected against failures and market forces as well as common sense in his job.
#3 May need to suffer with him but well as long as she loves him.

Your answers are pretty good. Sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure he had his difficulties, such as impotence or something, and as a friend, you should ask him to seek help. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Just kidding, I wouldn't know. :p

If he's really as bad as you say, well you didn't lose anything important. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey Lolabunny,

Thanks but end of the day, its all up to her. Yeah, my so called friend, he did try to contact me but my heart wasn't in it anymore. Sometimes, people just forget you and worse, they take your friendship for granted. I have many friends who only think of me when they want a loan, IT questions or biz/law questions.

My real sister has somone between #1 and #2, his dad bought him his condo and he has good solid education from US. I would just want her to be happy, being rich does not equal happiness (even though you can buy entertainment).

For me, when i was young, my wife must have thought i was #3 or worse as i am not really that good looking(she is blind as love is blind) and worse, i was earning only $1200 when she met me(i was 17)

She even told me recently how she thought i would be those type earning $1500 at most.

Regardless, she stuck by me through the good and bad and now well she has some things just in her name and she officially retired at the ripe old age of 28. I wouldn't say she struck gold but she is comfortable and i would dare say happy.

So yeah, wealth and education are not really guarantee of future success although they would help greatly to get you there. Looks is no guarantee either for that matter.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
You didn't mention about the moral character of the Ah Sia Kia in Cat (1). If he is not a flirt, I'd pick him to be my brother-in-law.

The reason is simple. For very selfish reason, I want a brother-in-law who can help me in my career. I need not have to work in his company, but his network can be quite useful if I ever need it. And for even more selfish reason, I want my sister to be well taken care of, financially.

I'd also like to know the academic qualification of that Ah Beng in Cat (3) when fine tuning my choices.

Queen, from your choice you seem to be a very driven and efficient person. A bit unapologetic in the pursuit of excellence perharps but your frank reply is pretty refreshing.

Wanting your sister to be well taken care of isn't being selfish, infact lots of siblings in this world hope to see their brothers/sisters doing worse off than them. Your heart is certainly in the right place there.

When i got my first landed property, my younger sister even said i should not get a hat too big for my head, etc. She even asked me how i could afford my payments and was puzzled when i recommended her and her bf, property to buy.

She never knew that i would be happy for her even if she lives in something bigger than me and well, she will never understand why all the houses i recommended to her and my other sis was always bigger than the ones i have.

Later in my life, I had a chance to get a Jaguar and i didn't just because she once said she will get one when she graduated when i got my Benz years back. I didn't want to compete with her, in the end i figure what the heck and bought property in MY instead.

Some siblings just don't get it and i guess they won't believe it, probably after i pass on would they realise, i love my family more than i would ever love material things.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, it's the goody two shoes type like number 2 who will eventually have a mid life crisis and cheat on his wife when temptations beckon. This is dangerous because there are loads of china women around to do the job -- they love picking on this nerdy type to hook.

No 1 may or may not get bored with paid women by the time he's old, and given the quality of young girls nowadays, no 3 will be jaded by the time he's older.

As a matter of fact, just based on the facts alone, number 3 is probably, but not definitely, the most emotionally beneficial. This is because a handsome guy can get anyone he wants, and can also easily cheat as easily as he wants or can. So if he's faithful, it's probably real, although it may not last.

I've read stuff such as using or conning number 1 for money, sleeping with number 3 and then marrying number 2! :rolleyes:

We will assume here that the sister is not materialistic and looking for emotional partnership.

Actually in real life, my god sister is facing such a scenario. She has dated number 1 and three, but not number 2. Like I said, there are many facets to a guy's character, whatever you read here is just the surface. :smile:

Also, this is assuming that the sister only has three guys after her. :p

Keep the cliched answers coming guys!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
By the way, the ah sia kia in #1 reminds me of the guy who buanged the Mazda car and killed the car sales girl. I am sorry but i generally don't think too well of #1. If you treat them well, they think you have ulterior motive, they boast of being very successful and having a $7k job to you after bouncing back but yet you don't have the heart to tell them $7k is nothing. In the end, just ignore and smile when he flashes his platinum card. I paid with cash.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Lolabunny, actually being handsome does not automatically mean lots of gf. I have a few friends who are pretty good looking but only 1-3 gf in their entire lives. Cheating cuts across all age and social class barriers. #1 easier to get girls as more girls will be attracted to displays of wealth. #3 might be easier but dependant on character.

Agree on #2,he may be dependable and reliable but is no guarantee as a faithful husband. It actually takes 2 to clap at the end of the day, the only question the sister should ask herself is, is she happy?

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal

---

Please refrain from importing the deadbeat language from the EDMW forum from fuckwarezone.

The last thing we need in these forums is for this deadbeat language to permeate the minds of the people here.

If the person "is", just say "is". If he's "fat", just say "fat".

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please refrain from importing the deadbeat language from the EDMW forum from fuckwarezone.

The last thing we need in these forums is for this deadbeat language to permeate the minds of the people here.

If the person "is", just say "is". If he's "fat", just say "fat".

Cut me some slack man. :biggrin: I just did a quick cut and paste. :rolleyes:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's ok to have dumb and idiotic discussion here but to have stupid juvenile thread but yet trying to act/be smarter (e.g. by trying to keep people in suspense) than it is bleah.

No wonder noone is interested in this primary school thread. Try STOMP or HWZ.