• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where to find KL Fried Hokkien Noodles in Singapore?

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do they sell this in Singapore?

5400731726_bd82dca52c_z.jpg

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Junction of Jalan Sultan and North Bridge Road, there this eating place called Food House or something, just opposite ah qiu fishead steamboat, the malaysian chinese cook damn ass KL Hokkien mee with pig lard cubes.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Do they sell this in Singapore?

5400731726_bd82dca52c_z.jpg

can try out this coffeeshop near the junction of Telok Kurau Road and East Coast Road. called Food'R'Us or something. they tout it as KL hokkien twa mee. 5 bucks a plate if i recalled correctly :p:p:p

tenggiri

Alfrescian
Loyal
At junction of lor 31/geyland main road. Kong Kee restaurant. (i in no way connected with them). This dish must come with plenty 'bak-pok' (crunch, crunch!) :biggrin:

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Junction of Jalan Sultan and North Bridge Road, there this eating place called Food House or something, just opposite ah qiu fishead steamboat, the malaysian chinese cook damn ass KL Hokkien mee with pig lard cubes.

Thank you for the info. Will check it out.

Pioneer

Alfrescian
Loyal
can try out this coffeeshop near the junction of Telok Kurau Road and East Coast Road. called Food'R'Us or something. they tout it as KL hokkien twa mee. 5 bucks a plate if i recalled correctly :p:p:p

Thank you. Didn't expect more than one place in SG to sell this dish.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Take the trouble to go to Malaysia, preferrably KL, if you want serious authentic dark fried Hokkien noodle. It's called tai-lok meen there. It started with Cantonese cooks attempting to replicate Hokkien dishes and came up with something even better than both Hokkien and Cantonese. In Singapore, the noodle itself is already different and inferior imitation to begin with, far cry from the real stuff even before frying. A real tai-lok meen is as thick as udon. It's not available anywhere outside Malaysia, not in Singapore, Thailand, HK, China, even Fujian or Taiwan. It's a peculiarly Malaysian Chinese dish.

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
malaysia boleh food court at jurong point 2.level 3
price $4 (small)
$5 medium
$6 large

malaysia boleh food court at rws

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to KL Chinatown area and tried to 2 stalls famous for its black sauce hokkien mee. Standards must have fallen since I last tasted several years ago. Some more with thin pieces of sotong and liver. Next time I will bring udon mee and ask the local zhe char stall to cook.