• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where is Buddha today and what is he doing now?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sitting at my computer at home and I am now typing on the computer sir.
You see, its so easy to answer where and what I am doing. The same Buddhists cannot tell us about Buddha.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should read that question again. He asked where are you in cyberspace. Not, where are you physically.

I am sitting at my computer at home and I am now typing on the computer sir.
You see, its so easy to answer where and what I am doing. The same Buddhists cannot tell us about Buddha.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should read that question again. He asked where are you in cyberspace. Not, where are you physically.

He shld read my question from the first post. I did not ask where Buddha is in cyberspace.
Does he mean that buddha exists only in cyberspace?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure, he would have to answer that himself. But, I think he might be implying that if you can understand and answer that question then you would have the answer.

He shld read my question from the first post. I did not ask where Buddha is in cyberspace.
Does he mean that buddha exists only in cyberspace?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jessus and Buddha or Siddhartha, are all dead and buried, burned. They don't exist anymore. But, their teachings, lives on.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jesus and Buddha or Siddhartha, are all dead and buried, burned. They don't exist anymore. But, their teachings, lives on.

Agree that Buddha, Siddhartha (and Mao Tzetung and Confucius and Lao Tze) are all dead. You don't need to tell us. Everyone knows about it. Their teaching...some lives on but many have ended up in museum like the Mao's Little Red Book. Even those teachings who lived on are not being universally read or translated. Buddhist scriptures are basically read by the Chinese, Indian, Sri Lankans and perhaps other Asian countries. Confucius analects are largely read (and also forgotten) by the Chinese. These writtings have never been translated to more than a dozen times (well may be two dozen times). And Mao's Little Red Book...even the Chinese don't want to read them anymore!

Jesus, on the other hand lives on, so too His teaching. The Bible have been translated to over 2.600 languages and they are universally read by all races - Chinese, Americans, Japanese, Koreans, Indonesians, even tribal people in the deep jungles....you name them...The reason: Books are read and kept alive when the authors are alive. Once the author is dead, so too the books that were authored by them....How many memoirs of the dead authors are still best seller...none....currently one of the best selling memoirs - the LKY Memoirs - is selling because the author is still alive. Like all other memoirs, it may soon in a library museum!

Note: Bible is still the best seller year after year after year! Why...the Author is alive; so too His Memoir, the word of God!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Jesus is really dead. He doesn't live anymore.

Agree that Buddha, Siddhartha (and Mao Tzetung and Confucius and Lao Tze) are all dead. You don't need to tell us. Everyone knows about it. Their teaching...some lives on but many have ended up in museum like the Mao's Little Red Book. Even those teachings who lived on are not being universally read or translated. Buddhist scriptures are basically read by the Chinese, Indian, Sri Lankans and perhaps other Asian countries. Confucius analects are largely read (and also forgotten) by the Chinese. These writtings have never been translated to more than a dozen times (well may be two dozen times). And Mao's Little Red Book...even the Chinese don't want to read them anymore!

Jesus, on the other hand lives on, so too His teaching. The Bible have been translated to over 2.600 languages and they are universally read by all races - Chinese, Americans, Japanese, Koreans, Indonesians, even tribal people in the deep jungles....you name them...The reason: Books are read and kept alive when the authors are alive. Once the author is dead, so too the books that were authored by them....How many memoirs of the dead authors are still best seller...none....currently one of the best selling memoirs - the LKY Memoirs - is selling because the author is still alive. Like all other memoirs, it may soon in a library museum!

Note: Bible is still the best seller year after year after year! Why...the Author is alive; so too His Memoir, the word of God!

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not sure, he would have to answer that himself. But, I think he mightplying that if you can understand and answer that question then you would have the answer.

Not only did he not reply my question, he implied Buddha exists in cyberspace n ended up digging himself into deeper problem

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Bible have been translated to over 2.600 languages and they are universally read by all races

Is that "two point six" or "two thousand six hundred" languages. if it's the latter, can you provide the names of these languages. I am curious.
Many thanks.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you mean he is everywhere and nowhere?
You mean his teachings are everywhere while he is not physically present? Can't we then say the same about say Newton's laws on forces? His teachings are every where too even though he is not physically present? Can we say Newton has been spreading his laws since he first discovered those laws then?

I a not bothered by Buddha sir, I am curious.

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is that "two point six" or "two thousand six hundred" languages. if it's the latter, can you provide the names of these languages. I am curious.
Many thanks.

Sorry....a typo-error.....it's 2,600 languages.....It's quite impossible to list the Bible in all languages because some of these are tribal languages spoken by people in deep jungle. The Bible both the OT and the NT have been translated into almost all 'main-stream" languages like English, Chinese, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Indonesia, Malay, Dutch, Korean, Hindi, Tamil, etc.." Because of resource limitations, many of the translations to the tribal and 'non-mainstream' languages are mostly in the NT. Nonetheless, it is a continuous efforts of many God-fearing and God-loving men and women who have the calling to embark on the translation work and bring the Gospel, the Good News to the remotest part of the world. The Bible is indeed the Living Word of God and rightly so because the Author is alive. God is the Universal Author of this Book and that's the reason why the Bible is translated to virtually all the known world's mainstrean languages, and efforts have been taken to translate it to other languages or dialects. We can simply conclude that every year there are at least few new translation of the Bible into other non-main stream languages. (Note: Do you know that there is such translation as Hokkien Bible? Some men and women of God have taken the effort to translate it into Hokkien dialect many years ago. This Hokkien Bible is translated using Romanized character.)

Last edited:

Nomadoi

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you mean he is everywhere and nowhere?
You mean his teachings are everywhere while he is not physically present? Can't we then say the same about say Newton's laws on forces? His teachings are every where too even though he is not physically present? Can we say Newton has been spreading his laws since he first discovered those laws then?

I a not bothered by Buddha sir, I am curious.

May you be well and happy.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
..... (Note: Do you know that there is such translation as Hokkien Bible? Some men and women of God have taken the effort to translate it into Hokkien dialect many years ago. This Hokkien Bible is translated using Romanized character.)

I'm sure there is a Hakka version as well, that espouse that Hong Xiu Quan is the brother of Jesus Christ. If you believe in Christ you must believe in his brother as well! Long live the Heavenly KingDOM!