• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where are the opposition?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps you live in an uncontested ward. What I understand is, opposition candidates are going walkabout almost everyday, but in the wards they intend to contest of course. How can they be expected to be everywhere? PAP have multifold more manpower and contesting all wards, surely including yours unless you live in Pedra Blanca. Have you seen them?

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps you live in an uncontested ward. What I understand is, opposition candidates are going walkabout almost everyday, but in the wards they intend to contest of course. How can they be expected to be everywhere? PAP have multifold more manpower and contesting all wards, surely including yours unless you live in Pedra Blanca. Have you seen them?

Pioneer SMC can't see opposition candidate. only see people distrubite brouchure. Threw away already. On the other hand, PAP candidate can be seen as more hardworking.

Who to vote? Already determine! Don't waste time and money.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pioneer SMC can't see opposition candidate. only see people distrubite brouchure. Threw away already. On the other hand, PAP candidate can be seen as more hardworking.

Who to vote? Already determine! Don't waste time and money.

That's alright. Vote according to your feel.

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal
rule of thumb - just vote for any mp candidates endorsed by mighty Chee Soon Juan.

Vote the candiate that you even don;t know who. No wonder so many opposition around. think that people will just anyhow vote.

Opposition put in your effort if you really want the vote. Stop tell people how to vote. Let the candidate convince the voters.

Let the voters decide.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I'm a little disappointed in this hide-and-seek business with opposition, unable to confirm candidates-to-wards even now. The electoral boundary map has been confirmed weeks ago. I spoke to a WP friend and he said it's party instruction not to confirm until Nomination Day. He gave some explanations which I find, well, understandable.

New wards and new boundaries require some redeployment of candidates originally intended, complicated by inter-party negotiations to avoid three-corners which left some wards unresolved even now. There may be last minute withdrawal by potential candidates due to pressures or some other reasons. Whether LTK is going to defend Hougang or lead a GRC team is top on PAP mind, this can't be disclosed until Nomination Day so as not to give PAP advantage of early warning. PAP is able to restrict opposition proper deployment and campaigning time with gerrymandering and campaigning laws. Whatever little advantage the opposition could take back, they must take.

I feel taking that so-called advantage comes with a cost too. At this time, the focus of going walkabout shouldn't be about selling party newspaper anymore. It should be about introducing candidates to voters. Anyway, I'm not a politician, I'm just a voter. The politicians weigh the pros and cons and decide. We voters just vote, wait and see.

seebaysong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody knows their MPs personally ? Don't think so... MPs r to make the numbers, when u vote, u r e endorsing the leadership... Tell tale sign from last GE give us an idea of how much support govt had, think its only 60% (pls correct me if I m wrong)

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody knows their MPs personally ? Don't think so... MPs r to make the numbers, when u vote, u r e endorsing the leadership... Tell tale sign from last GE give us an idea of how much support govt had, think its only 60% (pls correct me if I m wrong)

U ever hear from a PAP's MP who said to his grassroot leader that the very reason why MPs should not stay in the ward they work for is for the reason that residents will not knock on their doors daily.

This one I overheard during an MP's visit in Kampong Kembangan area.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whether LTK is going to defend Hougang or lead a GRC team is top on PAP mind, this can't be disclosed until Nomination Day so as not to give PAP advantage of early warning. PAP is able to restrict opposition proper deployment and campaigning time with gerrymandering and campaigning laws. Whatever little advantage the opposition could take back, they must take.
Ah Forve, if there is just one thing you should believe me, it is this : ALL opposition parties already compromised years ago. No need to keep any secrets. If I am wrong here, lightning strike me at the first opportunity, including my families.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Forve, if there is just one thing you should believe me, it is this : ALL opposition parties already compromised years ago. No need to keep any secrets. If I am wrong here, lightning strike me at the first opportunity, including my families.

I agree with you absolutely. There's no need to keep secrets. It just compromise groundworks and voters' confidence. When there're secrets until Nomination Day, it only means one thing - some candidates are unsure or unconfirmed.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard both the power GRC, MP and TP people all no have see any oppos. KNN all fucker make big noise but no action one.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard both the power GRC, MP and TP people all no have see any oppos. KNN all fucker make big noise but no action one.

Not true leh. Thot I saw a thread with vid showing Yip Yew Weng of NSP canvassing in Redhill coffeshop. Unless, it is juz wayang to give old man impression that he has opposition.

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can help by volunteering with the opposition party that contest in your ward.

Contact them, offer your time, you will not only see the opposition, your constituency will also see the opposition.

Are you seeing opposition candidates around you?

How to vote them when you don't even see them?

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP was all over Chong Pang and NSP was in Tampines this weekend, SDP was in CCK or Bukit Panjang...

RP has been walking in Pioneer, Radin Mas and West Coast almost daily, so far the most hardworking around.

Last edited: