• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

when are the japs going to apologize for Nanjing massacre?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I started boycotting all Japanese food in SG and anywhere in the world and will stop buying Japanese products especially their electrical and electronic products) - unless there is no choice.

I am switching to Korean brands where ever possible.

lianbeng supports u: just remind u some jap products that u may be still using at home: sony tv, fuji aircon, mitsubishi fridge, sanyo washing machine, toyota/honda, jap av, xiaodingdang, etc... all must change liao! :biggrin:

Last edited:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
I started boycotting all Japanese food in SG and anywhere in the world and will stop buying Japanese products especially their electrical and electronic products) - unless there is no choice.

I am switching to Korean brands where ever possible.

The Japs going to apologise ..this time over the Daioyu Islands..

This going to escalate and Japs going to pay big time..

Economically, chinese will ransom them by boycotting Japs goods..

Chinese tourists will stop going to Japan for holidays...

With China economic might and numbers..The Japs going to lose big time...

The Chinese will make the Japs kowtow and apologise.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng supports u: just remind u some jap products that u may be still using at home: sony tv, fuji aircon, mitsubishi fridge, sanyo washing machine, toyota/honda, jap av, xiaodingdang, etc... all must change liao! :biggrin:

i can change all the electronic products too, no problems at all. but xiaodingdang and especially sora aoi av, can keep or not ? :biggrin:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
The generation that suffered under WW2 almost dying out. Same for the Japanese generation that committed the WW2 crimes. Now only god (if god exists) can take the criminals to tasks.

The rest of us should move on and not get played into the hands of the chinese communist party.

If anything, the CCP should be held accountable for much larger number of deaths from the 1950s to 1970s for their failed industrial revolution, cultural revolution and countless political prisoners. Nanjing massacre is nothing compared to the atrocities of CCP.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The generation that suffered under WW2 almost dying out. Same for the Japanese generation that committed the WW2 crimes. Now only god (if god exists) can take the criminals to tasks.

The rest of us should move on and not get played into the hands of the chinese communist party.

If anything, the CCP should be held accountable for much larger number of deaths from the 1950s to 1970s for their failed industrial revolution, cultural revolution and countless political prisoners. Nanjing massacre is nothing compared to the atrocities of CCP.

whatever happened during Mao Zedong era were China domestic affairs. it was of course not excusable nor forgivable but can be put aside indefinitely for national interests. Japanese invasion was a foreign attack on Chinese lands. different cases.

the worst incident / action of the 2nd Sino-Japanese war was the 1938 Yellow River man made flood. Nanjing massacre killed less than 30% of the direct consequences of the flood. China leader Chiang Kai Shek did it in the best interests of China and out of real desperate circumstances to stop the Japanese military advances. Chiang paid the ultimate price for this disaster. people in the central plains hated Chiang and the Kuomintang as a result of that, a key factor that later resulted in the 1949 CCP victory.

pallkia

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am afraid not,with the internet age,the atrocities done on our folks is not easily forgotten (we can forget but not forgive because nobody can say forgive on behalf of those victims).The difference in national education by China,Japan and Koreas are set to a collision path very soon in the future when China gets stronger.You cannot come to a family and start to kill and rape a weaponless and defenceless poor family people and then say sorry,can accept?Now the Japs dont show say sorry and show any remorse at all,can accept??

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
What if the Nips don't apologise? What/who's going to do anything about it? Stop importing Hondas and Toyotas?

All Japs I've met I can say are polite, courteous, thoughtful and well-mannered (can't say the same for our own race). Whatever my Ah Kong told me about how barbaric and cruel they were during WW2 was WW2. They Japs today are not the same, they've changed. And so should we.

Cheers!

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
whatever happened during Mao Zedong era were China domestic affairs. it was of course not excusable nor forgivable but can be put aside indefinitely for national interests. Japanese invasion was a foreign attack on Chinese lands. different cases.
Then you are completely taken under the trickery of the CCP. The CCP wants their people to forget about their sufferings under CCP rule, where at least 30 million people died from political persecution, hunger and other atrocities. So CCP keep harping on WW2. Nanjing's death is around 300,000, a big number, but miniscule compared to the deaths under CCP rule.

Anyway if you take a step back, today's Japanese generation did not commit the crime, and today's chinese did not suffer WW2, so what's there to harp on? On the other hand, today's CCP is still the same one that committed the atrocities in the 1950s to 1970s (some say up till today). Getting rid of the CCP is what the current generation of chinese should focus their effort on.

If you want to harp on history, then should even look back into the opium wars, Qing and Yuan dynasties etc. No end to it. The Arab extremists are like this, that's why today they are still fighting for wars that ended a thousand years ago.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks to KMT (国民党) lots of Chinese historical treasures had been preserved in the National Palace Museum (国立故宫博物院)

http://www.npm.gov.tw/en/

and when are the communist gangster in china going to apologize for the mao zhedong culture revolution???

[video=youtube;DIrUHVFkm9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIrUHVFkm9A[/video]

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then you are completely taken under the trickery of the CCP. The CCP wants their people to forget about their sufferings under CCP rule, where at least 30 million people died from political persecution, hunger and other atrocities. So CCP keep harping on WW2. Nanjing's death is around 300,000, a big number, but miniscule compared to the deaths under CCP rule.

Anyway if you take a step back, today's Japanese generation did not commit the crime, and today's chinese did not suffer WW2, so what's there to harp on? On the other hand, today's CCP is still the same one that committed the atrocities in the 1950s to 1970s (some say up till today). Getting rid of the CCP is what the current generation of chinese should focus their effort on.

If you want to harp on history, then should even look back into the opium wars, Qing and Yuan dynasties etc. No end to it. The Arab extremists are like this, that's why today they are still fighting for wars that ended a thousand years ago.

that is the position of the CCP and some Chinese in general. ( i am not suggesting majority of Chinese )

no matter what misdeeds the CCP did from 1950s to 1970s. the position of some Chinese are: this are Chinese domestic affairs. foreigners should not stir up the issue. we will settle it ourselves someday. the Japanese war atrocities were certainly more hateful to the Chinese.

get rid of the existing CCP government. what are the alternatives ? i don't know. prior 1949, the Chinese people should be more patient and give more time to the Nationalist government to rehabilitate the country after WW2. they didn't. the rest was history. be careful what you wish for.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
What if the Nips don't apologise? What/who's going to do anything about it? Stop importing Hondas and Toyotas?

All Japs I've met I can say are polite, courteous, thoughtful and well-mannered (can't say the same for our own race). Whatever my Ah Kong told me about how barbaric and cruel they were during WW2 was WW2. They Japs today are not the same, they've changed. And so should we.

Cheers!

These Japenis has been fighting in China since early 1930s. They find the Chinese army lead by jiang kai siek is very hard to fight against. The Japs did conquer some parts of China. But the problem is that China is too big to be occupied. The Japs army are very very frustrated. The PRC army keep coming back. As the war wears on, the Japs are finding even harder to conquer China as Jap is not fighting against the army now, but the entire China people. Even peasant are motivated to fight against Japs. They employ strategy like scourge earth tactic, burning and leaving behind nothing for the Japanese army once they retreat from one location

Thus when Nanjing fall in 1937( which is a former HQ by JIANG KAI SEIK) , the Japs decided to take a leaf out from Genghis Khan war strategy. They wanted to break the spirit of the China people as a whole. So they employ the tactic of fear. They killed the people and rape the women ... etc etc. Similar incident can be found in Singapore too. It is to break the spirit of resistance.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... the Japs decided to take a leaf out from Genghis Khan war strategy. They wanted to break the spirit of the China people as a whole. So they employ the tactic of fear. They killed the people and rape the women ... etc etc. Similar incident can be found in Singapore too. It is to break the spirit of resistance.

Fyi, the History Channel is now airing documenteries on the Nanking Massacre, Fall of Hong Kong, Fall of Penang, Fall of Spore, Defense of Manila,.. It shows the brutality of the japanese:eek: Doubt it has anything to do with the frustrations in China.

When Japanese soldiers were asked why they carried out the massacres, they simply replied that they were doing it on the orders of the Emperor. I think the americans made a mistake by letting Hirohito off the hook. It allowed the Japanese to rewrite their history books & avoid responsibility. The wounds are still there & with the emergence of China I expect more trouble between China & Japan.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fyi, the History Channel is now airing documenteries on the Nanking Massacre, Fall of Hong Kong, Fall of Penang, Fall of Spore, Defense of Manila,.. It shows the brutality of the japanese:eek: Doubt it has anything to do with the frustrations in China.

When Japanese soldiers were asked why they carried out the massacres, they simply replied that they were doing it on the orders of the Emperor. I think the americans made a mistake by letting Hirohito off the hook. It allowed the Japanese to rewrite their history books & avoid responsibility. The wounds are still there & with the emergence of China I expect more trouble between China & Japan.

Just because you followed an order does not mean you are innocent. As a sane adult you are responsible for your own actions.