• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Whatever happened to....Dick Lee?

jw5

Loyal
Whatever his status and lifestyle inclinations, I find Dick to be a very talented songwriter and english lyricist.
His tunes are usually melodious and catchy, his lyrics meaningful and sometimes funny.
Fried Rice Paradise, Life Story, etc etc.
I would go as far as to say that his talents have been under-utilised and under-appreciated.
Same goes for Michelle Chong, another under-appreciated singaporean talent.

But you all know lah, the really talented people in SG don't really thrive, you have to be able to talk shit about toothpicks to get ahead in this society with unusual mentality.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkie environment only the likes of useless duds turnoffs like mark lee, vomit singh, teeko jack neo, pat mok types can thrive. Now you know why zorro is in good company.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I would go as far as to say that his talents have been under-utilised and under-appreciated.

do you remember there were a couple of local groups in the early 90s trying to create a wave of catchy tunes... the 'Wah Lau' gang was one of them... too bad their cassette tape turned mouldy :(:(:(

jw5

Loyal
do you remember there were a couple of local groups in the early 90s trying to create a wave of catchy tunes... the 'Wah Lau' gang was one of them... too bad their cassette tape turned mouldy :(:(:(

Don't recall the 'Wah Lau' gang, but there were a few local groups like the Oddfellows and Fish On Friday which produced quite good music.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That one is siva choy's group?
Actually there were many....a few bands with 1 hit wonders like Tokyo Square, gingerbread, kick!
Sinkieland got talent but stifled by pap

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought Dickie got a restaurant call MAD serving fusion food at The Grandstand (ex turf city)......think some collaboration w Tung Lok group....food not to my taste though...

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course not. They were sleeping in separate rooms. It was a marriage of convenience at the height of his popularity in Japan with the release of 'The Mad Chinaman', because a rival threatened to out his homosexuality which would sound a death knell for his Tokyo groupie fan base.

Dick Lee once famously said that he considered straight folks abnormal.:smile:

I heard a different version. DL was under immense family pressure to marry a female.

jonahlomu

Alfrescian
Loyal
That one is siva choy's group?
Actually there were many....a few bands with 1 hit wonders like Tokyo Square, gingerbread, kick!
Sinkieland got talent but stifled by pap

I believe it's Siva Choy's group. Lyrics were rather funny and catchy. Bought the cassette but misplaced it.