• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What will be the verdict of PRC scholar Xun Xu?

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think a wayang show is about to be shown.
First, NUS will say they have counselled him intensively and decided to revoke his scholarship and sent him back to china.
But Xun Xu is given a chance to appeal.
To this, Xun Xu decided to appeal and written a public apology condemning himself of the bad behaviour.
In his letter, he will said he endure many sleepless nights and his friends and families in PRC all condemn his behaviour.
After much self reflection, he has decided to turn over a new leaf and will return to PRC.
But he will definitely return to serve this little dot when the chance arises.
After much consideration, NUS decided to let him off with a severe warning,
but applauded him for his courage to admit his own mistakes.
Lastly, NUS will say they condemn such behaviour and any other such occurrence again
by a foreign student will have their scholarship revoked and sent back immediately, regardless
of whether he is a scholar or not.

This should be the possible outcome,
as usual cheorographed by the MIW.
What do your think?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
All those who champion the concept of "Freedom of Speech" should defend his right to say what he did even though you might not agree with it.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All those who champion the concept of "Freedom of Speech" should defend his right to say what he did even though you might not agree with it.

Exactly. I may disagree with what you say but I'd defend your right to to say it - Voltaire.

Last edited:

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal

Right On ... I strongly support and recognized his right to free speech!

However, I do strongly condemned him for exercising those rights while on our taxpayers' money! It's like you are working for Microsoft (or any companies) and publicly condemning Windows 7 (it's products) "Sucks"!

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too keep or expel him... The verdict is at a lose-lose situation for Sink!

The return of investment is zero - expel him
Future PRC students can continue to scold us dogs - keep him

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Freedom of speech is often confused with freedom of spit.

I know you do not mind forummers here verbally abusing you in this forum. But try letting us go to your house and call you names. That is what he is doing now. If he expects us to respect him, then please respect us first. After all, we are the host country. When I travel overseas, no matter how much I do not like to local's behaviour or culture, I put on a polite front and showed them my respects. It is only in this country that the locals can be verbally abused like this and the culprit still gets away with it. Do this in OZ or Vietnam and your house gets burnt down tomorrow!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Freedom of speech is often confused with freedom of spit.

I know you do not mind forummers here verbally abusing you in this forum. But try letting us go to your house and call you names.

This forum is my house in cyberspace. Sinkies sign up for a FREE account here, log on and then start abusing me in my own forum. Isn't that pretty much "calling me names in my own house"?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This forum is my house in cyberspace. Sinkies sign up for a FREE account here, log on and then start abusing me in my own forum. Isn't that pretty much "calling me names in my own house"?

Cyber and real life is different. Won't you get pissed off if someone that you inivted to your real house starts to call you and your family members names? :rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Cyber and real life is different. Won't you get pissed off if someone that you inivted to your real house starts to call you and your family members names? :rolleyes:

If the cyber world is different, why is there an uproar over what he said in cyberspace?

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal

In the interest of fair play, you can always convene a Disciplinary Panel for abusers and take appropriate actions as necessary! However, you must agreed that in life, there are social norms, national interests and public security that supersede "Freedon of Speech"! Even in cyberspace, such norms do exist ... postings do get censored, removed and/or membership privileges terminated!

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
If the cyber world is different, why is there an uproar over what he said in cyberspace?

boss,
Sun Xu should have taken your advice of not mixing his real life and his online persona. imagine letting loose a whole load of crap whilst using his own identity on Weibo, he had it coming :eek::eek::eek:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
In the interest of fair play, you can always convene a Disciplinary Panel for abusers and take appropriate actions as necessary! However, you must agreed that in life, there are social norms, national interests and public security that supersede "Freedon of Speech"! Even in cyberspace, such norms do exist ... postings do get censored, removed and/or membership privileges terminated!

He has not broken any rules. He did not do anything dishonest. All he did was to voice his opinion of sinkies. While it may not be a polite thing to do, if disciplinary action is taken against everyone who isn't polite, 99% of the world would be in trouble at some point.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Thats because abusing monikers and nicks is a completely different thing. When I flame Leongsam, I am just flaming a moniker. Leongsam could be a man, could be a gay, could even be Steven Lim behind the screen.

Now, dont run away from the topic. You were smart to divert away. You still did not answer me.

If you were to invite me to your house and I started to call you and your family members names after you offered me a nice meal, a hot shower and a nice bed for the night, how would you feel?

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with you. I abhor what he said but defend his right to have said it, especially since what he said does not amount to incitement to a normal human being.

I just want this freedom to be extended to every Singaporean.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
so what you mean is if your guest comes to your house,
he spits and shits in your house,
it is ok since he is ultimately a guest.
But if your dog anyhow shits in your house,
he will be severly punish and caned.
Is that what you mean?
No wonder sinkies are called dogs.