• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What to do in this bad times?

Mr_Practical

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of people have been asking me this question. I am not smarter than many people but I am the most practical.

I am a boring person. When times are good and people are partying they don't look for me but when times are bad they need some guidance and they think since I am practical and therefore I can help a bit.

Here is quick advice:

Known - for certain, property and stock market will continue to slide
Known - recession is here and very long one

Unknown - inflationary spiral because of dollar dumping?

So if you have property, let go. If you bought in 2005 or before, got chance still can have some money. If 2006 and 2007 and still have money, please quickly sell. If no money, still cut loss and better than suffer more pain later.

Don't wait, read today's BT on property. And the DBS report is scary. Also interest rates on the sharp rise. There will be a lot of pressure the next one year on prices.

Keep cash. No stock market investment as bargains are illusion. This market has more downside.

If you havent already done so, cut all unnecessary spending. That means $3 chicken rice and not $6 western food even at food court.

Drink tap water, no need mineral water save $3.60 everyday - four bottles of 90 cents

Downgrade phone, PC and cable TV plans

No taxis, no $10 movie tickets, no call chicken

Instead walk - good for health/ watch free DVD in library/ use your hands

Position yourself in office. Make sure when retrenchment comes, at least you have good chance of avoiding.

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
make your death look like an accident so that your family can get the large sum from insurance.... sacrifice yourself to make your family life better during this bad time.... on top of that, after you die, you don't need to worry abt this bad time.... Just a 1 cent suggestion.... :smile:

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
stop buying unnecessary stuffs very important......but even now, can see all the shopping centres are packed with pple....

alot of pple still there buying stuff...when the shit drop....i wonder how many can pull through

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chinese say - 危机 but in 危, there's a 机 ( opportunity )

There are peoples who made their fortune in Great Depressions, World War I / II

alway thought that it was 时势造英雄 not 英雄造时势

Happyhappy

Alfrescian
Loyal
make your death look like an accident so that your family can get the large sum from insurance.... sacrifice yourself to make your family life better during this bad time.... on top of that, after you die, you don't need to worry abt this bad time.... Just a 1 cent suggestion.... :smile:

this is a stupid piece of advice that stupid people should heed to. survival of the fittest :p

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
buy life insurance, inclusive of accident death... premium is higher but return is higher...

jw5

Loyal
Always make sure that your family members are worth it before you sacrifice for them.
If your wife is a bitchy, gossipy, unfaithful, materialistic shrew and your children are whiny, spoilt, stupid brats, why bother sacrificing for them?
Just view them as entertainment for your life.

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already bought 20 years worth tin can food , water purifier , gold bars , electricity generators , catapults, swords and fortified my flat with steel reinforced door to prepare for a world wide break down in order.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sorry, mr practical, i dun think our advice is good. That is good for saving the individual but the economy will not jump start if people dun spend. That is the time the economy need pple to spend.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy big pork bones... boil soup and cook instant noodles with it.... add ketchup and chilli sauce..... yummy