• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat What is your favorite Ramen restaurant and noodle?

hokkienpeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
the ramen santouka shop at mitsuya on saratoga avenue is also my favorite, but portions are too small and lines are too long at opening time. the maru ichi shop on castro in mountain view is operated by japs. i chat with proprietress everytime i'm there. the jap chap at the window corner prepares all the store noodles by hand and on the spot. the maru ichi franchise in milpitas is probably owned by taiwanese.

I've never been to the Santouka in San Jose. As for the proprietress of the Maru Ichi on Castro, assuming we're talking about the same lady (petit, probably in her 50s), she speaks fluent Japanese but on at least one occasion I heard her speaking Mandarin --- so I'm guessing that she's Taiwanese. But I might be wrong.

Also, you can get mee pok at Shiok. It hasn't been on the menu for many years but you may request for it. Aside from that, Layang Layang's Malaysian Wanton Mee is the next closest thing.