• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious What is the most reliable most durable car brand in Singapore which need the least repairs?

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes. and because of the snow. The standard 4wd gave them a big advantage over the other Jap brands. So for a good 10-20 years, they had that market to themselves. They really made a killing in those decades. The only car mfr in the US with continuous growth even during the great recession.

And if you drive in Malaysia often, subarus are a good idea. Can withstand the sometimes crappy sometimes off road conditions faced there. Sinkieland not so much the case. I often think the ideal car in sinkieland is a honda fit.
I test drove the 2.0L Legacy many years back and was amazed at the traction during high-speed cornering with little swaying. The boxer engine growl was like a beast waiting to be unleashed. The sound system was absolutely top-notch. Sadly my finances only allowed me to owe a cheap Kia sedan at the time.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I test drove the 2.0L Legacy many years back and was amazed at the traction during high-speed cornering with little swaying. The boxer engine growl was like a beast waiting to be unleashed. The sound system was absolutely top-notch. Sadly my finances only allowed me to owe a cheap Kia sedan at the time.
how many years ago? I assume it had a turbo engine? Kias now are pretty much better than they used to be and I owned one myself not too long ago. In fact, I always prefer the Kia over the equivalent Hyundai despite Hyundai pushing Kia as the crappier version. I really enjoyed my Kia and was quite sad when it was time for it to go. Still have good memories of it.

However, with all the crap associated with ownership nowadays, grab seems like a much better choice.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how many years ago? I assume it had a turbo engine? Kias now are pretty much better than they used to be and I owned one myself not too long ago. In fact, I always prefer the Kia over the equivalent Hyundai despite Hyundai pushing Kia as the crappier version.

However, with all the crap associated with ownership nowadays, grab seems like a much better choice.
I test-drove the non-turbo mid-90s one. The turbo was way of of my budget. What I didn't like was the light steering as well as the tight space at the driver seat. I had to tilt my left leg inwards and it was uncomfortable after a while.
The Kia I bought was the 2005 Magentis which were used as taxis during that time. Parts were cheap. Car was very reliable though very thirsty.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I test-drove the non-turbo mid-90s one. The turbo was way of of my budget. What I didn't like was the light steering as well as the tight space at the driver seat. I had to tilt my left leg inwards and it was uncomfortable after a while.
The Kia I bought was the 2005 Magentis which were used as taxis during that time. Parts were cheap. Car was very reliable though very thirsty.
mid 90s legacy I didn't try. The 98/99 one onwards was probably the best Legacy they made. Rumour has it that it had Porsche involvment in some aspects of the engineering of both these generations.

Yeah thirsty and reliable. All the Korean engines have been thirsty. But apparently just launched latest generation less so.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes. and because of the snow. The standard 4wd gave them a big advantage over the other Jap brands. So for a good 10-20 years, they had that market to themselves. They really made a killing in those decades. The only car mfr in the US with continuous growth even during the great recession.

And if you drive in Malaysia often, subarus are a good idea. Can withstand the sometimes crappy sometimes off road conditions faced there. Sinkieland not so much the case. I often think the ideal car in sinkieland is a honda fit.
Well said. In terms of practicality the Honda fit is a good all purpose car. N the running cost is low.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like an old Mazda

1642224005387.png

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
My ang mor land frens who bought landrovers all regretted. One good way to determine how 'good' a car is its resale value. N I find Subaru's n corollas tend to hold their value well in ang mor lands
land rover is total an utter garbage. Never can understand why anyone wants to buy it. All I can think of is association with English upper classes *ugh*... :sick::sick::sick: