• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What if Tao Li loses/wins?

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Win... we say wat the big farking deal she's a prc...

Loss... we say wtf waste tax payer moni...

Cum 2 think of it bery the charm gah.... haizz... :biggrin::p

lone_dog69

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha!!

Well, if she wins.... then she will be our first gold medal winner in a LONG time and also $$ very rich. Our Government is gonna reward her handsomely. :biggrin:

If she loses, then like that lah...... no medal and $$. Wait another 4 years for London to win lor!! But by then no power already. :eek:

Sigh :(

Cheers!!

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
If she win, she will be many millions richer...
If she lose, she will still be millions richer...

So its Win-Win for her....

:biggrin:

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
hope she lose as she cheat by not serving NS. If I had ultilise the time I wasted in NS by swimming in the pool , I could have win the gold medals too.

she should be put in changi prison for cheating.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
4th fastest qualifier, close to bronze medal. Alot of tax money at stake. Lets hope she doesn't improve.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
If win....Singapore will bring in more FTs...
Shows FT scheme is working..and yield results.

If lose... Singapore will just diam diam.
Praise her she done a good job for going into the finals.

either way we still need FTs.

:o :biggrin: :o

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please.

Top 3 qualifiers released abit of gas when they are nearing the finishing line. Tao Li? She has to swim like mad to achieve this "unique" result.

Win? Fat hope.

Lose? Expected.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What if Tao Li loses/wins?

What I understand is:

1. If she wins a bronze, Singapore taxpayers lose $250,000.

2. If she wins a silver, Singapore taxpayers lose $500,000.

3. If she wins a gold, Singapore taxpayers lose $1,000,000.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
win or lose in the finals,
she already does us (Singapore),proud.
first time,we are in the FINAL of anything in the Olympic after so much years (not forgetting our only Silver Medal from Weightlifter Tan Howe Liang).
forgive me if i am wrong.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
If win, blame it on the PAP policy for bringing in FTs to Singapore.
If lose, also blame it on the PAP for getting only the second best.

ccl69

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think SG has spent enuff $$ on developing the sports industry..by building the sports school and uncovering foreign talents.

It would be good if SG can get something from this Beijing Olympic. At least we wont only remember Tan Howe Liang...just my 2 cents worth.:biggrin:

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha!!

Well, if she wins.... then she will be our first gold medal winner in a LONG time and also $$ very rich. Our Government is gonna reward her handsomely. :biggrin:

If she loses, then like that lah...... no medal and $$. Wait another 4 years for London to win lor!! But by then no power already. :eek:

Sigh :( Cheers!!

Hard to get gold medal in her final. Even silver will be hard if you see the timing of the 2 fastest. If she can grab bronze from the 3rd fastest(Tao's timed 4th), she will be fine.

And if she won 4th, the next qtn will come back as "Not good as Tan How Liang" 48yr ago.

Black Swan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You forgot Ang Peng Siong. Olympic created the 50M freestyle for him and yet he didn't win. Local competitors cannot take the pressure of big scale competition.

Tailok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans are the big LOSERS. If Tao Li wins it shows that we need "foreign talent" to win. If she don't, it shows that we are all LOSERS.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
You forgot Ang Peng Siong. Olympic created the 50M freestyle for him and yet he didn't win. Local competitors cannot take the pressure of big scale competition.
actually, "Ang represented Singapore at the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles, where he was the winner of the 'B' consolation final for the 100 m freestyle. (He was not able to compete in his pet event, the 50 m freestyle, as it did not become an Olympic event until 1988.)" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ang_Peng_Siong