• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

What I have against City Harvest Church

I went to CHC only once and got pissed off right away when I saw his wife jumping and catwalking with her boots and leather short skirt like a singing star while leading worship. My instant feeling was that she wasn't leading worship, but was merely using the church's platform to practise and show off her singing skill.

When the time was ripe Con Hee made use of the church to buy her CDs to help her spiral to her fake stardom. If she is really good, she should be able also to succeed without the church network, but go on her own to build up her singing career.

What she and her husband did are so obvious that they are abusing their authority for their own gains, yet many of their members were so mesmerised by Con Hee's hypnotic preaching style, and her wife's singing star status that they are totally blinded.

It is common to see that most lay Christians are easily taken in and mesmerised by pop stars. They will rush to rub shoulders with the stars and get their autographs, as if our Lord Jesus is second to these stars.

They also often organize gigs and concerts with pop stars to lure people to become Christians. Again, as if Jesus' name alone could not win souls.

It is easy to see if Con Hee and his wife are true servants of God or not. If what they did were not biblical, they certainly are NOT! Marketing his wife's CD in church is clearly unbiblical. Remember Jesus reprimanded and threw out those who were trading in the synagogue?

Also, we know that how much we give to the church in terms of tithes and love offerings are between us and God. But I heard CHC would have their cell leaders question and 'shame' members who gave less than the others during their cell meetings. The cell leader would ask a member, for example, "Why you gave only 10% while some other members could give 20% to 30% tithes?"

If you hear Con Hee's sermon to ask for offerings, he would say that "You just give even if it means like cutting off your flesh (or words to the same effect)." In other words, even if you're dead poor you must squeeze your blood to give, in order to be blessed with many folds more. He is teaching us how to trade with God with our last small fish to get a bigger one. On the contrary his horse-face wife could afford to spend $28K on rental of a house! To live up to Con Hee's preaching, she should give the $28K monthly to help the poor and needy, and live in a much cheaper place to feel like it's cutting her flesh too. However, Con Hee still got the cheek to defend her life-style. What a joke!

Con Hee is clearly a man with extremely egoistic character. He wants to talk to you like he is God, and he is certainly good and successful in using his psychology and NLP skills in psychoing members to obey him like he is God.

Those who sold their homes to give to CHC will live to regret one day.

Many leaders in other mega churches (you know who they are) are also using similar tricks to gain control of members' brain. The moment they know that you're a God-fearing person, they will know how to psycho you into submitting to them in everything they command you to do.

What I fear is that many retired new converts (old folks) who just got their CPF, would easily be scammed. New converts are usually most vulnerable, thinking that all Christians are saints, what more if they are spiritual leaders of mega churches. Thus, they will believe wholesale whatever these con leaders want them to do, and to give. If the governmental authority doesn't step in to check and put in place a proper control system, many old folks will be scammed, leading to lots of social problems.

Mr. Roland Poon Swee Kay's (the man who blew the whislte) sudden public apology to CHC at this stage while investigation is in progress, appears fishy. Looks more like a wayang as if to pre-empt the public to believe that Con Hee and his gang are innocent, thus be psychologically prepared to hear the end verdict from the investigators that they are indeed innocent.

I hope that the investigators are really impartial, and not be swayed by any top guns' influence to clear these crooks without going through proper investigation process, but continue their investigations rigorously by leaving no stones unturned.

What I fear is that many retired new converts (old folks) who just got their CPF, would easily be scammed. New converts are usually most vulnerable, thinking that all Christians are saints, what more if they are spiritual leaders of mega churches. Thus, they will believe wholesale whatever these con leaders want them to do, and to give. If the governmental authority doesn't step in to check and put in place a proper control system, many old folks will be scammed, leading to lots of social problems.

thats what they are doing to those old people in the old folks home!!! gov dont allow you to spend you money and keep in cpf. so all kena convert and when before they die kena psycho to nominate the church to keep all their cpf. a lot of churches are doing it now. this is the trend now, not only megachurch or charismatic church. they are trying to "market" christianity to old people now. pray for sickness lah, believe in jesus no need to go to hell lah. etc.

I hope that the investigators are really impartial, and not be swayed by any top guns' influence to clear these crooks without going through proper investigation process, but continue their investigations rigorously by leaving no stones unturned.

a lot of our ministars all christians. not only that, a lot of silver serpent top management and executives also christians. i believe all like those blinded fools in CHC. maybe a lot in CHC too. sigh! how to be not bias??? :(:mad::eek:

organize religon is a big business in singapore . stupid james pang should set up religion roof over his sunshine empire ..when comes to religon ,people are willing to give without thinking much ...

Psalm23

[Please use the message here as the Lord leads, but nothing on the message must be used for profit!]​

Today’s Scripture Reading [August 15, 2010]

Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul. [Psalms 66:16. KJV]

Today, again we are going to examine a topic that once was considered to be a very basic part of our spiritual life. It was discussed quite often even to the extent that it was part of common conversation back in the days of our great-grandparents when one of the highest compliments you could give an individual was to say that they were a God-fearing person. Today, to say that an individual is a God-fearing person brings derision or scorn. This topic is now not only just shunned by society, it is even hated by many people who just couldn’t stand to hear these few words: The fear of the Lord. You don’t need to go further to verify this statement, just watch the comments and feedback of this post following this message and you will notice how true this can be! Their negative violent reactions of hatred in respond to this message simply tell us that they want to be completely left alone. This attitude of arrogancy to reject God’s sovereignty and authority simply points to the corrupt, sinful and lawlessness nature of human race. It is a fact that people know and fully accept that without effective governmental authority, there will be chaos and anarchy in the society, yet, many people cannot accept similar fact that when we live a godless life, we will also end up in a state of “personal chaos and anarchy.” But, why is it so?

Before we continue to answer this question, let us first examine the meaning of ‘the fear of God’ from the Holy Scripture. In Psalm 33:8 it reads: “Let all the earth fear the Lord; Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him”. Here, the Psalmist defines fearing the Lord as standing in awe of Him, having awesome reverence of Him due to His being the glorious and majestic Person that He is. There is no way for any fallen and carnal mind to fully comprehend His greatness and His supremacy but by the Holy Spirit we are overwhelmed when we think about His infinite knowledge and His power, His complete sovereignty, His high holiness and justice and His benevolent goodness. He is an awesome God and being aware of that fact produces awe and reverence for Him. This is a fundamental part of fearing God.

In Malachi 1:6, it is mentioned: “A son honors his father, and a servant his master. Then if I am a Father, where is My honor? And if I am a Master, where is My respect (literally, it could mean fear) says the LORD of hosts”. Here, the Lord teaches us what it is to fear Him by using two earthly examples. A child is to honor their father. A servant is to respect their master. Honor and respect come from recognizing authority. Children and their fathers are not equals. They can never be. Children humble themselves and seek to please and obey their father who has higher authority over them. But time has changed. Children are getting more disobedient towards authority both at home and outside the home. The end result of obedient children brings chaos not just to the home but also to the society. We see this in schools where teachers simply have given up disciplining their students leaving them instead to social counselors. Try talking with these social counselors and they will tell you all the challenges of managing and counseling today’s students. Having social counselors in our schools is a recent development. There wasn’t such thing during my school years. All we had was a school teacher doubled up as disciplinary master and I remembered that in my school days, we often had to run to ‘take cover’ when we saw the disciplinary master coming towards us. We simply feared him because of the extra authority that he had as a disciplinary master. The students back then were much more respectful of authority.

We must acknowledge that God is both our Father and Master and until we recognize this, we will not respect Him let alone fear Him. But once we recognize this, we will come to honor, respect and fear Him due to His rightful authority over us. With humility, we seek to please Him and take every effort to please Him. The fear of God is an extremely important integral part of our worship and service to our God. Unlike our earthly parents who, frankly, sometimes fail to demonstrate their love because often their own examples have fallen far short of what is demanded from God or even from society. Our God is, nonetheless, totally different. Jesus has demonstrated His love and the greatest love that He has demonstrated to us was His willingness to travel all the way to Calvary, stretched out both His Hands and said: “This much I love you” and gave up His life for us!

In Luke 12:4-5 we read: “And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who after He has killed has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him.” Who then do we fear? Man or God?

If someone were to confront you with a loaded gun or some other deadly weapon, it would be quite natural for us to experience fear. It is common for us to want to avoid or run-away from what we are afraid of especially when we are confronted with a life-threatening situation. With our fear of God, it is quite the opposite. Our fear of God will draw us more closely to Him because He is the only One Who can save us from eternal death. He provides the only way for our salvation. On the other hand, the fear of man brings a snare but the one who trusts the Lord will be safe (Proverbs 29:25).

From cover to cover, the Bible is full of verses concerning ‘the Fear of the Lord'. Just take the Book of Proverbs which has only 31 Proverbs and ‘the Fear of the Lord’ is mentioned 18 times. What could be more obvious to us then this revelation that the fear of God must so essential to our Christian living that God has to remind us 18 times just in the Book of Proverbs. Besides the Book of Proverbs, there are many verses in the Bible that also tell us the positive results that we are going to experience when we fear God and give complete reverence to Him. For today I like to share with you all some of the positive results that we will experience when we all live as God-fearing Christians as told in the Book of Proverbs:

• The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge and the fear of the Lord will give us the wisdom to obey His instruction (Proverbs 1:7; 9:10).

• Without the fear of the Lord, not only we don’t fully comprehend His knowledge, we even hate it (Proverbs 1:29). This is the reason why people who have no fear in God will keep blaspheming and mocking God.

• Unless we fear God, we will not be able to find His knowledge (Proverbs 2:5).

• The fear of God will give us the wisdom to be wise, not in our own eyes but through His eyes, and the fear of God we help us to stay from the evil way (Proverbs 3:7; 16:6).

• When we fear God, we will hate evil like pride and arrogancy (Proverbs 8:13).

• The fear of the Lord will prolong our life but the wicked, those who have no fear in God will have their years shortened (Proverbs 10:27).

• The fear of the Lord will give us the Spirit of Christ to walk upright but those who despised Him will walk in perversion (Proverbs 14:2).

• The fear of the Lord will protect the children of those who fear Him and He will be the source of their refuge (Proverbs 14:26).

• The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life (Proverbs 14:27) upon which we can drink the living water of Jesus which we will never thirst.

• It is better to have even a little when we truly live in the fear of the Lord because the fear of the Lord is greater than great treasure (Proverbs 15:16).

• The fear of the Lord will be our strong force that we can use to conqueror evil and stay away from it (Proverbs 19:23).

• We can be rich, we can have honour and we can have life without envy as long as we live a God-fearing live (Proverbs 22:4; 23-17).

• A God-fearing woman is to be praised (Proverbs 31:30).

In this satanic age when abnormal things have become all too normal, we now all are in danger of being insenstivized by these ‘abnormal normal’ things that may give us enjoyment and pleasure for only a short season but we will soon find ourselves craving for more to a point of addiction. In fact, many are already so insensitivized by these ‘abnormal normal’ things that we see people walking like zombies and digital addicts on the streets listening to music on their mobile phones, iPods, watching movies, playing video games on their handheld video devices or mobile-phones, sending SMSs and they unaware what’s going around them. Many of us have lost the sense of our true identity and life purpose that indeed we are God’s children and that our basic life purpose is to give reverence and respect His authority, to fear God and to serve and worship God with our whole heart.

The saddest thing is that there is no longer such a thing as the innocence of childhood because kids are exposed to unrighteousness at a younger and younger age, thanks to the digital world! Parents are now fighting a losing battle to exercise their authority over their children. It is urgent for us therefore as adults to fear God right away and thereby hate evil in all of its forms in order that we too can bring our kids to fear God. The sooner the better it is. We need to stop making excuses! Just as a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD, our Heavenly Father, has compassion on those who fear Him (Psalms 103:13).

Looking4Knowledge

“If you want to make a little money, write a book. If you want to make a lot of money, create a religion.” - L. Ron Hubbard, founder of Scientology

Hahahaman

[Please use the message here as the Lord leads, but nothing on the message must be used for profit!]​

Today’s Scripture Reading [August 15, 2010]

Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul. [Psalms 66:16. KJV]

Today, again we are going to examine a topic that once was considered to be a very basic part of our spiritual life. It was discussed quite often even to the extent that it was part of common conversation back in the days of our great-grandparents when one of the highest compliments you could give an individual was to say that they were a God-fearing person. Today, to say that an individual is a God-fearing person brings derision or scorn. This topic is now not only just shunned by society, it is even hated by many people who just couldn’t stand to hear these few words: The fear of the Lord. You don’t need to go further to verify this statement, just watch the comments and feedback of this post following this message and you will notice how true this can be! Their negative violent reactions of hatred in respond to this message simply tell us that they want to be completely left alone. This attitude of arrogancy to reject God’s sovereignty and authority simply points to the corrupt, sinful and lawlessness nature of human race. It is a fact that people know and fully accept that without effective governmental authority, there will be chaos and anarchy in the society, yet, many people cannot accept similar fact that when we live a godless life, we will also end up in a state of “personal chaos and anarchy.” But, why is it so?

Before we continue to answer this question, let us first examine the meaning of ‘the fear of God’ from the Holy Scripture. In Psalm 33:8 it reads: “Let all the earth fear the Lord; Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him”. Here, the Psalmist defines fearing the Lord as standing in awe of Him, having awesome reverence of Him due to His being the glorious and majestic Person that He is. There is no way for any fallen and carnal mind to fully comprehend His greatness and His supremacy but by the Holy Spirit we are overwhelmed when we think about His infinite knowledge and His power, His complete sovereignty, His high holiness and justice and His benevolent goodness. He is an awesome God and being aware of that fact produces awe and reverence for Him. This is a fundamental part of fearing God.

In Malachi 1:6, it is mentioned: “A son honors his father, and a servant his master. Then if I am a Father, where is My honor? And if I am a Master, where is My respect (literally, it could mean fear) says the LORD of hosts”. Here, the Lord teaches us what it is to fear Him by using two earthly examples. A child is to honor their father. A servant is to respect their master. Honor and respect come from recognizing authority. Children and their fathers are not equals. They can never be. Children humble themselves and seek to please and obey their father who has higher authority over them. But time has changed. Children are getting more disobedient towards authority both at home and outside the home. The end result of obedient children brings chaos not just to the home but also to the society. We see this in schools where teachers simply have given up disciplining their students leaving them instead to social counselors. Try talking with these social counselors and they will tell you all the challenges of managing and counseling today’s students. Having social counselors in our schools is a recent development. There wasn’t such thing during my school years. All we had was a school teacher doubled up as disciplinary master and I remembered that in my school days, we often had to run to ‘take cover’ when we saw the disciplinary master coming towards us. We simply feared him because of the extra authority that he had as a disciplinary master. The students back then were much more respectful of authority.

We must acknowledge that God is both our Father and Master and until we recognize this, we will not respect Him let alone fear Him. But once we recognize this, we will come to honor, respect and fear Him due to His rightful authority over us. With humility, we seek to please Him and take every effort to please Him. The fear of God is an extremely important integral part of our worship and service to our God. Unlike our earthly parents who, frankly, sometimes fail to demonstrate their love because often their own examples have fallen far short of what is demanded from God or even from society. Our God is, nonetheless, totally different. Jesus has demonstrated His love and the greatest love that He has demonstrated to us was His willingness to travel all the way to Calvary, stretched out both His Hands and said: “This much I love you” and gave up His life for us!

In Luke 12:4-5 we read: “And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who after He has killed has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him.” Who then do we fear? Man or God?

If someone were to confront you with a loaded gun or some other deadly weapon, it would be quite natural for us to experience fear. It is common for us to want to avoid or run-away from what we are afraid of especially when we are confronted with a life-threatening situation. With our fear of God, it is quite the opposite. Our fear of God will draw us more closely to Him because He is the only One Who can save us from eternal death. He provides the only way for our salvation. On the other hand, the fear of man brings a snare but the one who trusts the Lord will be safe (Proverbs 29:25).

From cover to cover, the Bible is full of verses concerning ‘the Fear of the Lord'. Just take the Book of Proverbs which has only 31 Proverbs and ‘the Fear of the Lord’ is mentioned 18 times. What could be more obvious to us then this revelation that the fear of God must so essential to our Christian living that God has to remind us 18 times just in the Book of Proverbs. Besides the Book of Proverbs, there are many verses in the Bible that also tell us the positive results that we are going to experience when we fear God and give complete reverence to Him. For today I like to share with you all some of the positive results that we will experience when we all live as God-fearing Christians as told in the Book of Proverbs:

• The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge and the fear of the Lord will give us the wisdom to obey His instruction (Proverbs 1:7; 9:10).

• Without the fear of the Lord, not only we don’t fully comprehend His knowledge, we even hate it (Proverbs 1:29). This is the reason why people who have no fear in God will keep blaspheming and mocking God.

• Unless we fear God, we will not be able to find His knowledge (Proverbs 2:5).

• The fear of God will give us the wisdom to be wise, not in our own eyes but through His eyes, and the fear of God we help us to stay from the evil way (Proverbs 3:7; 16:6).

• When we fear God, we will hate evil like pride and arrogancy (Proverbs 8:13).

• The fear of the Lord will prolong our life but the wicked, those who have no fear in God will have their years shortened (Proverbs 10:27).

• The fear of the Lord will give us the Spirit of Christ to walk upright but those who despised Him will walk in perversion (Proverbs 14:2).

• The fear of the Lord will protect the children of those who fear Him and He will be the source of their refuge (Proverbs 14:26).

• The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life (Proverbs 14:27) upon which we can drink the living water of Jesus which we will never thirst.

• It is better to have even a little when we truly live in the fear of the Lord because the fear of the Lord is greater than great treasure (Proverbs 15:16).

• The fear of the Lord will be our strong force that we can use to conqueror evil and stay away from it (Proverbs 19:23).

• We can be rich, we can have honour and we can have life without envy as long as we live a God-fearing live (Proverbs 22:4; 23-17).

• A God-fearing woman is to be praised (Proverbs 31:30).

In this satanic age when abnormal things have become all too normal, we now all are in danger of being insenstivized by these ‘abnormal normal’ things that may give us enjoyment and pleasure for only a short season but we will soon find ourselves craving for more to a point of addiction. In fact, many are already so insensitivized by these ‘abnormal normal’ things that we see people walking like zombies and digital addicts on the streets listening to music on their mobile phones, iPods, watching movies, playing video games on their handheld video devices or mobile-phones, sending SMSs and they unaware what’s going around them. Many of us have lost the sense of our true identity and life purpose that indeed we are God’s children and that our basic life purpose is to give reverence and respect His authority, to fear God and to serve and worship God with our whole heart.

The saddest thing is that there is no longer such a thing as the innocence of childhood because kids are exposed to unrighteousness at a younger and younger age, thanks to the digital world! Parents are now fighting a losing battle to exercise their authority over their children. It is urgent for us therefore as adults to fear God right away and thereby hate evil in all of its forms in order that we too can bring our kids to fear God. The sooner the better it is. We need to stop making excuses! Just as a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD, our Heavenly Father, has compassion on those who fear Him (Psalms 103:13).

The fear of the lord will lead you to stroke and you'll be bedridden. Go to a hospital and see for yourself how many patients are god fearing!

LOL...........................the masses are ignorant............................

don't forget................the CHURCH was killing people if they dare say the Earth was round and not flat......................

[video=youtube;s9TsSILzQeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9TsSILzQeQ&feature=related[/video]

Lizzert

Wah lan..save souls,heal sick not enuf..now he oso go into ah-long business...
hefty interest repayment...I actually blame all the dumb fucks who donate their money and
not the conman..

fishbuff

[video=youtube;s9TsSILzQeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9TsSILzQeQ&feature=related[/video]

singapore's population has one of the highest literacy rate in the world and yet, im totally dismayed by the mass number of people in this video, who wont and will not exercise their logic and reasoning to break free from the adult's santa clause charade. i blame it soley on the education system; all shitty rote learning and lack the ability to think.

jacob622

What I have against City Harvest Church

http://wenderella.com/2008/01/what-i-have-against-city-harvest-church/

I had a few thoughts as I was reading this article, and a response to it. I’ve attended City Harvest on quite a few occassions since I was Sec 3 (that’s…2001, I think). So anyway, as much as I was happy that the church was reaching out and changing the lives of so many people, one incident made me decide not to go back for any more services. (I still go for the X’mas stuff though.)
It was the one where they were promoting Ho Yeow Sun a.k.a. Sun Ho a.k.a. The Pastor’s Wife’s CD during the sermon. I found that incredibly unclassy, and a complete turn off. What was he thinking?
Halfway through his sermon, there was some sort of an interlude and he suddenly started touting. “2 CDs free poster! 5 CDs free cap! Buy 10 and you get a T-shirt!”. I can’t remember the exact numbers, but it was along those lines. I’m not even kidding.
I know it’s meant to be like us supporting her endeavours and stuff, but I found it incredibly inappropriate to expoit the church-goers (who will inevitably buy a few copies to show support) to boost album sales. A girl from my cell group at that time actually went to buy 20 and distributed it among us. It wasn’t as if all proceeds were going to some charity… sigh. (My info on this may be wrong, but even if there was a charity involved, no mention of the name of the charity nor it’s purpose was described at all.)
I think the sermon should have been uninterrupted by silly marketing campaigns, to a captive audience, no less. It is a church, and it should concentrate on being one, not a profit-making enterprise, and certainly not as a platform for his wife’s singing career.
It’s 8:16am and I haven’t slept all night, so I don’t think I’m making much sense, but I hope you know what I mean.

thanks for shearing such nice article with us !! as i like the way you written your post !!!!