• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What happens if you miss 1 ICT?

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I missed my ICT early this year because I was stationed overseas.

Anyone knows what happens next? I will not be called up till next year? Or can my unit call me up for 'make-up' ICT? Some joker even told me that my unit may call me up, and 'attach' me to another unit for their ICT to catch up on the lost training.

Let's just say I have the choice of posting myself overseas for 6 mths again, but prefer to stay here to clear some personal commitments. So... if my unit won't bother me again this year, I will stay. :cool:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some joker even told me that my unit may call me up, and 'attach' me to another unit for their ICT to catch up on the lost training.[/B]

Yes, your unit might do this but chances not high.

Last year, my unit got a MUT section ( Make Up Training )

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anyone knows what happens next? I will not be called up till next year? Or can my unit call me up for 'make-up' ICT? Some joker even told me that my unit may call me up, and 'attach' me to another unit for their ICT to catch up on the lost training.

Let's just say I have the choice of posting myself overseas for 6 mths again, but prefer to stay here to clear some personal commitments. So... if my unit won't bother me again this year, I will stay. :cool:

Apply for an exit permit in advance. Avoid all the complications (and consequences).

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apply for an exit permit in advance. Avoid all the complications (and consequences).

Like bringing you out to the field and SHOOT....ha ha ha, I am glad I am rid of all this IPPT, MUT...battalion Ex..five nation defence ex...:p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In internet forumming, I've heard about many complaints of exit permit applications being rejected; the rejected applicant of course coming from an aggrieved point of view. However, my experience was that it was quite a reasonable and easy process. Fill up a one-page form, submit it with the supporting documents, that's it. I've applied for more than 5 exit permits from 6-month to 3-year periods before. All approved within minutes or at most half an hour. You must have proper reason and proper documentation. That's all.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are at the initial few years for your reservist life, and if your overseas station is not continuous over a year that kana mindef calendar year. You may get MUT. I had one guy during my ICT.

Six months per posting (I assume your company does it for tax purposes) got chance to kanna MUT.

Play by ear lah, and see if your company HR metal balls or not. Or maybe when time comes, your overseas counterpart really really needs you to go lei:eek::wink::wink:, then company also bo pian ma:biggrin: See how your PR and planning liao:biggrin:

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
U can run, but u cannot hide.

If u miss ICT, then they sure recall u for MUT.
If u miss out too many, and ur unit stand down, they will attached u to other unit until u complete ur cycle.

Unless ur over 40.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you from Please Dont Fight?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unless ur over 40.

Captain Goh Meng Seng is 40 and still captaining his explosive logistic company and will be until 50. That's a role model. Wake up your idea and do your part! That's his motto. As a decorated army officer, he's a prominent opposition leader now. What can PAP do to him? Nothing. He does his part and speaks his mind.

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you will kanna "Cook House Fatigue":biggrin::biggrin:
Sorry,I can't help laughing when I recall those days when I was a recruit:biggrin::biggrin:

There is nothing serious, I was charged before for missing my RT,SAF sent me letter to ask me go back camp take order, I kachiao the NSF Officer a bit, told him I can't pay up my fine. In the end ,also like that...
No further action,you think they will really throw you into DB?think again,you are reservist not NSF.:rolleyes:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
No you misunderstood me. I missed ICT but had a valid exit permit on the period of the ICT. So there's no law broken here. But now that the permit is over and I am back here, I wonder if the unit will call me for MUT.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dey... MUT.... unless u are toking about posting overseas for many many years.... then u can escape.....if not, they will keep haunting u.........

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No you misunderstood me. I missed ICT but had a valid exit permit on the period of the ICT. So there's no law broken here. But now that the permit is over and I am back here, I wonder if the unit will call me for MUT.

Depends on your exit permit type. If it's deferment (6 months to 1 year), usually there's MUT. If it's disruption (2 to 3 years), usually there's no MUT. However, once exit permit expires and you're back in Singapore, your ICT cycle resumes and you must do your annual IPPT. At the expiry of a disruption exit permit, there's a possibility that your original unit doesn't even want you anymore or had stood down, and posted your name back to CMPB holding list whilst you were abroad. When you return, you're likely to get some window period of even a year or so without any callup as they try to figure out which active unit to post you to.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for all the ADVICE! So troublesome. I'd probably keep posting myself overseas until i turn 40. And who knows, i may become a foreign PR.

So :oIo: SAF.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I see, I have been a good soldier in terms of reservist,always go back on time and finished them. I like reservist,always can talk cock with buddies, until some of the Ss harassed me.Keng out,sad to say.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try 5 yr PR in China, or some province may offer hononary citizenship with quite a lot of priviliges.:biggrin: I served with duty, honor and country.... now realized that I knna fark from behind:(

Kanna some physical scars and injuries during service; but only consolation, at least I did it for my parents, friends and relatives.

Good luck to your endeavours and stay safe on your travels. Btw, remember Hep B jabs.:biggrin:

Thanks for all the ADVICE! So troublesome. I'd probably keep posting myself overseas until i turn 40. And who knows, i may become a foreign PR.

So :oIo: SAF.