• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do you think of TOC's Choo Zheng Xi?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
All this "mentoring" appears to be a croak. Look at the likes of Drs. Michael Lim and Arthur Beng not forgetting Choo Wee Khiang etc. Even beauty queen Eunice appears to have used the "mentoring" effect to great use:rolleyes:

By the way, the mentor is still with him. This sort of mentoring has been going for over 20 years.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
In one way or another as seen by the 'sideshow' during the last PE between Andrew Kwan and Chia Boon Teck:biggrin:

Btw I have heard of previous 'Captains of Industries' with great tickets on themselves personally writing 'white papers' addressed to LKY hoping to impress the 'Emperor' and being granted an audience:p

On a more serious note, going by the latest Charity Commission report, I would not be surprised to see a faction of sorts coming from the evangelical x'tians. The big $$$ trail would not have been missed by the PAPs over the last decade or more and I am sure PAPs would want to leverage something out of this in some form or another.

Like all political parties, there are factions that get their share of seats. Not as clear as 1st world factionalism in the case of PAP. For instance, The Singapore Chinese Techers Union always has a seat and it is now held by Yeo Guat Kwang. The Nanyang faction has Seng Han Tong leading it etc

As they are not amongst the academic elite and they can't fit into a faction, they have to go out and create their own presence.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Locke,

There is always spin in spin.:wink:

This young chap Choo Zheng Xi has of his own accord mind you sort great publicity of late, so with it naturally comes the good, bad and ugly. Politico paparazzi ala Drudge Report:p Part of the turf, can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen.

Time as always shall probably reveal the truth (as reasonably as possible) in the long run.

As for the Otak brouhaha, I for one am really amused and bemused at how it turned out. No doubt ISD has better things to do right, or I hope I am right:biggrin:

Cheers

Dear Porifio

I c the TOC as sticking to how it was formulated at its inception. That is one of inviting alternative views from all parties even from within the PAP and presenting those views to Singaporeans.

Honestly does one expect every one who stands against or writes against the PAP to be ideologically and racially pure ? True JBJ CSJ TLH and FS went from establishment to anti establishment over night but I believe there is a role for moderates and a middle ground. That is a place or a space somewhere in between where they might move more into the opposition camp or back into the PAP camp.

Choo or Andrew for that matter still have a long way to go to build up their blog. The attacks by Avantas asking Andrew abt his mother and stating that they "know what remy did in the past" are very reminescent of past attacks in the old forum which with the closing down of OTAK I suspect will not stop because old habits die hard.
Locke

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny you should say this since it would appear that Ng E Jay and Alex Au are in a sort of loose collaboration with Choo and Andrew as part of the Bloggers 13:wink:

A true opposition fighter and critic of the regime, be it a politician or blogger will not want to have anything to do with the PAP, e.g. Ng E Jay, Alex Au, Mr Brown, Mr Wang.

To me, they definitely have more credibility than this flip-flop Remy and Andrew.

They will surely make a greater "partnership" for their uncanny ability to twist, turn and distort.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Avantas

Funnily enough he does not stay at Pandan Valley as I have had the opportunity to send him back on a few occasions as we were heading in the same direction. You seem to know so much about him but you can get his address wrong ? What more do u really know ? How about his favorite underwear color then ?

Locke

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Porifio

The drudge report and swift boating is one thing, tasteful human behavior is another even with those u disagree with another. Avantas was quoted as saying " how is your mother." perhaps tauntingly perhaps laughingly. For one the style is very reminiscent of the horrific personal attacks by clones in the old forum meant to intimidate bully and m&d sling. If hypothetically I told you that " Andrews mother was ill" what context should that remark about " how is Andrew's mother" be taken ?

I would like to add that the very personal attempts at discrediting and name calling are not and never have been meant at discussing issues or addressing concern , but meant at cyber bullying at intimidation of individuals whose agendas do not coincide with theirs. I would also like to add that these attacks personal vindictive and petty in nature stem from within the small opposition fraternity.

Locke

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

I c the TOC as sticking to how it was formulated at its inception. That is one of inviting alternative views from all parties even from within the PAP and presenting those views to Singaporeans. Sometimes new opposing voices appear and disappear, and sometimes they last like catherine lim an articulate conscience for the nation

Honestly does one expect every one who stands against or writes against the PAP to be ideologically and racially pure ? True JBJ CSJ TLH and FS went from establishment to anti establishment over night. But I believe there is a role for moderates and a middle ground. That is a place or a space somewhere in between where they might move more into the opposition camp or back into the PAP camp. If everyone in the middle is to PAP, then there is no alternative left or no variety of alternative voices. For that matter this on line hate campaign against Remy and Andrew only benefits in my view one individual or one group of individuals and politically benefits no one save those seeking to dominate cyberspace through clones and abuse. Do note the taunts of Avantas abt Andrew's mother, as despicable an act as I know it.

Choo or Andrew for that matter still have a long way to go to build up their blog. The attacks by Avantas asking Andrew abt his mother and stating that they "know what remy did in the past" are very reminescent of past horrific attacks in the old forum which with the closing down of OTAK I suspect will not stop because old habits die hard. Bully threaten torment, insult safely in private whilst in public being all smiles, that I have seen and do know.

Locke

they could be the same gang of cyberbullies/terrorists that bring cyberworld to real world. many forummers were unwittingly victimised by them...and oh yes, they are the "best" in preaching democracy and free speeches.:eek:

A

Alu862

are we witnessing some jealousy and cyberbullying here now? i think reading TOC is much enjoyable than SDP which is too drastically chronic.

SDP is even now exploiting external organisation to hit back at the gabramen....and they claim they are politically for the people. if that's so, why the need to involve foreign forces?

http://yoursdp.org/index.php/news/s...-under-lee-seizure-to-be-raised-at-un-meeting

No UN leader has outrightly condemned Singapore's Human Rights abuses. No Western leader too.

A

Alu862

tell that to SDP chee who is trying his utmost best to just doing that.:eek:

It's not the the UN or the West wants to intervene, its what is the consequence of intervening in a state which has strategic and economic importance.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Choo Zheng Xi studied in a JC near Buona Vista. At that time, he stays in a Condo nearby. I have not kept in touch with me for a few years, so he may have moved, I don't know. For confidentialty purposes, I shall not reveal these personal information here.

As for Choo's PAP "mentors", his kakis know who they are. According to my friends, Choo consulted his mentor before he decided to get involve in TOC. In fact, some of his articles reflect the views of his mentor. It is not so hard to find out who this mysterious person is.

Why did the Jurong MP ask Choo to write her parliamentary speeches ? Choo was introduced to her by his mentor. Apparently, Choo was quite well known in a particular CDC in the West. He appeared frequently at public functions organized by the CDC and CCC and write articles for the CC magazines and newsletters.

In one particular issue, he lamented the bridge between the government (PAP) and netizens and advocate for an "intermediary" to "facilitate" more interaction between the two camps. I guess that's how TOC came about - to serve as an informal platform for the 3rd tier leaders of the PAP and its affliates to interact with ordinary citizens.

From what I know from insiders, TOC is not meant just to be "another blog". Choo's PAP "mentor" has invested quite a bit of time and energy into TOC to prepare for his political "future" in the party hierarchy.

If you don't believe me, go and read through the articles written by Choo on TOC and you will realize that some of them inadvertently were repeated by a PAP MP in parliament soon after.

There are many things I know about Choo which I am not in a position to reveal as of yet. Forumers may remember that not too long ago, a netizen exposed Choo for being paid by a PAP MP to write her speeches. Both Choo and Andrew initially denied it vehemently, but after concrete proof is shown, they back down and admitted. If Choo is really honest and above board, why does he have to hide his PAP links from TOC's readers ???

Mr Remy Choo: I sincerely urge you to tell TOC readers who your PAP sponsor is soon or another Jasper will pop out of nowhere to expose you again.

Dear Avantas

Funnily enough he does not stay at Pandan Valley as I have had the opportunity to send him back on a few occasions as we were heading in the same direction. You seem to know so much about him but you can get his address wrong ? What more do u really know ? How about his favorite underwear color then ?

Locke

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Avantas

First lie, I believed he has stayed there all his life. Do u really know anything or are u just threatening to reveal and make up stuff in a spate of cuber bullying, using clones to create an on line incident to discredit ? I remember some of the more outlandish claims on "wayang." A young ,man's desire to be a civil servant makes him PAP. heck I was a civil servant as was JBJ does that makes us all PAP to ? I wanted to join a particular ministry when I was younger does that make me in any way PAP to ? Secondly for those of us who know anything about the PA and its structure we know that PA youth serves as a feeder into the main stream PA and the main stream PA in its senior positions are those which are dominated by PAP cadres. There are a mass of people just wanting to help but who have no political links within the PA itself.

Locke

Last edited:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those whose minds have yet to decide, it might be good to notice that there are a number of coincidences at play here.

At best, for voters only, all we can to is just to observe the play unfolding.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can see that you are just trying to fish for information. Do you really want me to reveal Choo's residential address here for all to see? Stop trying, I won't bite the bait.

Are you trying to convince forumers that a young, aspiring grassroots leader who enjoy cosy relations with many PAP MPs including a minister has NO POLITICAL LINKS with the PAP?

Somebody who bothered to spend time and energy writing the parliamentary speeches of the PAP MP for a pittance $500 is anti-PAP ???

The latest I check on TOC: Choo Zheng Xi still DID NOT reveal his intimate links with the PAP on it. Why did he choose to hide this fact from TOC's readers ???

Mr Remy Choo Zheng Xi: NUS Law school is a very small place. And I know you have quite a number of enemies out there. hehe....

Dear Avantas

First lie, I believed he has stayed there all his life. Do u really know anything or are u just threatening to reveal and make up stuff in a spate of cuber bullying, using clones to create an on line incident to discredit ? I remember some of the more outlandish claims on "wayang." A young ,man's desire to be a civil servant makes him PAP. heck I was a civil servant as was JBJ does that makes us all PAP to ? I wanted to join a particular ministry when I was younger does that make me in any way PAP to ? Secondly for those of us who know anything about the PA and its structure we know that PA youth serves as a feeder into the main stream PA and the main stream PA in its senior positions are those which are dominated by PAP cadres. There are a mass of people just wanting to help but who have no political links within the PA itself.

Locke

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Locke,

No doubt you have a point on the personal nature of the attacks. But I guess that is par for the course when it comes to the net. The rational mature netizens should be more than able to discern cyber bullying, smears and petty childish fueds. In any event, from what I have observed of this chap Choo Zheng Xi, he appears more than able to withstand such nonsense and if not then he should not put himself out in the public domain in the first place.:wink:

Oh and BTW when it comes to vicious ruthless vindictive and sometimes petty personal attacks no one can match the PAPs:rolleyes:

Cheers

Dear Porifio

The drudge report and swift boating is one thing, tasteful human behavior is another even with those u disagree with another. Avantas was quoted as saying " how is your mother." perhaps tauntingly perhaps laughingly. For one the style is very reminiscent of the horrific personal attacks by clones in the old forum meant to intimidate bully and m&d sling. If hypothetically I told you that " Andrews mother was ill" what context should that remark about " how is Andrew's mother" be taken ?

I would like to add that the very personal attempts at discrediting and name calling are not and never have been meant at discussing issues or addressing concern , but meant at cyber bullying at intimidation of individuals whose agendas do not coincide with theirs. I would also like to add that these attacks personal vindictive and petty in nature stem from within the small opposition fraternity.

Locke

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL, now this is the old SBF spicey gossip that has been badly missing in Sam's new cafe, not just the tiresome inane petty clone war that has thus far been played out:eek:

Coke and popcorn time, can't wait for the next chapter in due course. How many JC's near Buona Vista? Who is this mysterioso PAP sponsor? Was he/she part of YPyramid? Is the 'ghost of John Harding' going to pay us a visit? The plot thickens:biggrin:

Choo Zheng Xi studied in a JC near Buona Vista. At that time, he stays in a Condo nearby. I have not kept in touch with me for a few years, so he may have moved, I don't know. For confidentialty purposes, I shall not reveal these personal information here.

As for Choo's PAP "mentors", his kakis know who they are. According to my friends, Choo consulted his mentor before he decided to get involve in TOC. In fact, some of his articles reflect the views of his mentor. It is not so hard to find out who this mysterious person is.

Why did the Jurong MP ask Choo to write her parliamentary speeches ? Choo was introduced to her by his mentor. Apparently, Choo was quite well known in a particular CDC in the West. He appeared frequently at public functions organized by the CDC and CCC and write articles for the CC magazines and newsletters.

In one particular issue, he lamented the bridge between the government (PAP) and netizens and advocate for an "intermediary" to "facilitate" more interaction between the two camps. I guess that's how TOC came about - to serve as an informal platform for the 3rd tier leaders of the PAP and its affliates to interact with ordinary citizens.

From what I know from insiders, TOC is not meant just to be "another blog". Choo's PAP "mentor" has invested quite a bit of time and energy into TOC to prepare for his political "future" in the party hierarchy.

If you don't believe me, go and read through the articles written by Choo on TOC and you will realize that some of them inadvertently were repeated by a PAP MP in parliament soon after.

There are many things I know about Choo which I am not in a position to reveal as of yet. Forumers may remember that not too long ago, a netizen exposed Choo for being paid by a PAP MP to write her speeches. Both Choo and Andrew initially denied it vehemently, but after concrete proof is shown, they back down and admitted. If Choo is really honest and above board, why does he have to hide his PAP links from TOC's readers ???

Mr Remy Choo: I sincerely urge you to tell TOC readers who your PAP sponsor is soon or another Jasper will pop out of nowhere to expose you again.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL, now this is the old SBF spicey gossip that has been badly missing in Sam's new cafe, not just the tiresome inane petty clone war that has thus far been played out:eek:

I think if people feel passionately enough to pen it on the web, then it must have mean something to them

Papititis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm wondering why this Choo guy needs someone else to defend him here. Or is it that he felt no neccesity to dignify the accusations against himself. After all he is a big boy now and apparently minister material to boot.