• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do you think of TOC's Choo Zheng Xi?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avantas,

I think you should seriously take a chill pill and try and get over your hang up over Choo Zheng Xi. We get the 'caveat emptor' label by now.:wink:

And while you are at it, Ng E-Jay's blog is so so and with all due respect it hardly stands out and makes an impact. Now say Alex Au and YawningBread is whole different kettle of fish altogether. You can see the depth and maturity in Alex's writing. Same goes for say Cherian George although I wish he would blog on a more regular basis.

Cheers
Bro,

I beg to differ. E Jay is the only person running sgpolitics.net and I must commend him for doing an excellent job updating it almost daily. His articles are crips, straight-forward and insightful compared to TOC which goes around in circle and circle without taking a stance. Don't forget TOC is run by many people and its website is maintained by a professional webpage designer employed by the PAP.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
There you have it:

Why did the PAP and other members of society bother about a small fry like Choo Zheng Xi ???

No no, Choo was not a small fry at all.

He is the youngest person to ever speak at the speakers' corner.

He joined Buona Vista YEC at the age of 17 from where he builds up his links inside PAP gradually.

During his NS days, he came to be acquainted with a minister who sees potential in him. This minister who has ambitions for higher office wants to groom this young man and put him in his own clique.

For goodness sake, don't be so naive. Do you really think that the PAP-controlled ST journalists are so enamoured by Choo that they kept promoting TOC 3 times a week ???

Dear Avantas,

For this issue, I think Locke is right, we need to keep an open mind. I also know certain PAP CADRE members who are not totally happy with what's going on with the PAP leadership and the policies they made. Well, they can still hold their party membership cards but to me, as long as they speak up, I have no objections to listening to their views.

And Locke is right, there are many present opposition members who are in fact, in one way or another, associated with PAP either through their grassroot organizations or PA CCC whatever establishment. Its natural for anybody that are interested in serving the community to first approach such organizations. For example, I myself have been serving in my community centre at a very young age of 18 or so. Its pure public service spirit, nothing political here. And yes, hell, I left because I did not like what I see in there; totally hijacked by PAP's political agenda.

To predetermine and fight your opponents are not that difficult. But to win over your opponents' foot soldiers, that needs more than battling skills.

In opposition politics, we are always very conscious about "potential threats" by moles or such. To me, I don't really care as long as such moles could be contributing to the final course. And the fact is, there isn't anything to hide, really.

I believe that if WP has closed their minds and doors to ex-establishment individuals, it would not have done relatively better than other parties. It would not have 20 candidates for a start. If it has shut its doors based on suspicion to these people, it would not have grown in such a greater speed.

Keep an open mind. As a person that believes in free market economics theory, I believe in competition. If you could come up with a better alternative website than TOC, everybody will gain. But it needs not based on badmouthing others, you know.

Goh Meng Seng

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi GMS,

While I agree we should support ex-establishment figures joining the opposition, we should vigorously expose moles in the opposition masquerading as "opposition". Being PAP at heart, these moles serve only to split and weaken the opposition.

Dear Avantas,

For this issue, I think Locke is right, we need to keep an open mind. I also know certain PAP CADRE members who are not totally happy with what's going on with the PAP leadership and the policies they made. Well, they can still hold their party membership cards but to me, as long as they speak up, I have no objections to listening to their views.

And Locke is right, there are many present opposition members who are in fact, in one way or another, associated with PAP either through their grassroot organizations or PA CCC whatever establishment. Its natural for anybody that are interested in serving the community to first approach such organizations. For example, I myself have been serving in my community centre at a very young age of 18 or so. Its pure public service spirit, nothing political here. And yes, hell, I left because I did not like what I see in there; totally hijacked by PAP's political agenda.

To predetermine and fight your opponents are not that difficult. But to win over your opponents' foot soldiers, that needs more than battling skills.

In opposition politics, we are always very conscious about "potential threats" by moles or such. To me, I don't really care as long as such moles could be contributing to the final course. And the fact is, there isn't anything to hide, really.

I believe that if WP has closed their minds and doors to ex-establishment individuals, it would not have done relatively better than other parties. It would not have 20 candidates for a start. If it has shut its doors based on suspicion to these people, it would not have grown in such a greater speed.

Keep an open mind. As a person that believes in free market economics theory, I believe in competition. If you could come up with a better alternative website than TOC, everybody will gain. But it needs not based on badmouthing others, you know.

Goh Meng Seng

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, then what about the hogwash written by Remy Choo and Andrew Loh ?

That's even worse, isn't it?

Avantas,

I think you should seriously take a chill pill and try and get over your hang up over Choo Zheng Xi. We get the 'caveat emptor' label by now.:wink:

And while you are at it, Ng E-Jay's blog is so so and with all due respect it hardly stands out and makes an impact. Now say Alex Au and YawningBread is whole different kettle of fish altogether. You can see the depth and maturity in Alex's writing. Same goes for say Cherian George although I wish he would blog on a more regular basis.

Cheers

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Avantas

Ohhh dear have you resorted to calling me a PAP mole as well :_)) And what's ur proof that I am a PAP mole ? Wait let me guess.......you know where I live, which school I went to, what I did last summer and beyond, who is my PAP minister sponser. etc etc etc. Can't discuss and agree to disagree in the manner of gentlemen, and its back to name calling. As GMS would say More PAP than the PAP

Locke

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Lockeliberal,

You forgot to include your customary clones in your address to me.

So who started the name calling in the first place ?

Dear Avantas

Ohhh dear have you resorted to calling me a PAP mole as well :_)) And what's ur proof that I am a PAP mole ? Wait let me guess.......you know where I live, which school I went to, what I did last summer and beyond, who is my PAP minister sponser. etc etc etc. Can't discuss and agree to disagree in the manner of gentlemen, and its back to name calling. As GMS would say More PAP than the PAP

Locke

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro scroobal:

It appears that you have some insider information about Choo's gang as well.

Choo not only has the backing of a few PAP MPs, but the support of some YPAP CEC members as well.

TOC was originally an idea conceived by Andrew Loh and his kakis from PAP and WP and subsequently hijacked by a PAP minister who egg the group to develop it into a Singapore's "Malaysiakini".

This minister is a 2nd generation leader, relatively young and dynamic and have the potential to become a future DPM. Choo is apparently banking his hopes on him for his rise up the hierarchy upon graduation.

Am I right, Mr Remy Choo ?

which minister ???

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure if you are aware. Choo was aligned with the PAP and has been involved in their grassroots activity for sometime. I am not talking about RC stuff. He is like TiLik, Yaw, Andrew etc. Keen to play a part in politics but realised that they will not be in the line-up or can't wait. The TOC guys like airframe all came from PAP leanings. I believe that is a sponsor or mentor that encouraged the setting up of TOC. More like low brow Roundtable - 2nd attempt to be considered.

which Yaw you talking about? Yaw SHin Leong ?