• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Water Treaty Malaysia: The tremendous financial costs imposed on S'pore by LKY's ego

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Water Treaty Malaysia: The tremendous financial costs imposed on S'pore by LKY's

Lee Con You has learned well from the Americans and the Brits. You must always have a national boogey man to create a national fervour to stand behind you. The Americans had the communists, then the Iraqis, then Al Qaida, and now China. It justifies their huge denfence budget and it cons their citizens into acts of loyalty and patriotism. Lee Con You decided that Singapore's boogey man will be malaysia. Simple as that. that is why the shit times is always filled with news of crimes against sinkies in JB and what not. Despite all that is said about malaysia, their level of democracy is still many times that of singapore. their news papers and media can question najib about his $600 milion USD money. People can march in the street and demonstrate against that. they have that right.

Like I said Malaysia govt is not bad. Very smart and treat their citizens well.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Water Treaty Malaysia: The tremendous financial costs imposed on S'pore by LKY's

the reason is space and land and location. The Israelis and California have the land area to build large facilities that use the hot sun in those climates for desalination. Basically, as I understand, it just big ponds they dig in the sand and then let the hot sun evaporate the water and collect the clean water from there. We don't have the land to do it, and we have to use energy to do desalination whereas the jews and the Californians use solar energy, which is free.

Sounds reasonable. However Israel may have expertise that we can tap on.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

SO far, they have honoured all the all water treaties. Even when they have drought in Johor, they still sell us what is in the treaty. SO what the shit are you talking about?

I know that they implemented property policies on retrospective basis. Affecting all buyers. Whereas Spore implement policies on prospective basis and people have a choice to walk in or not.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think they have plans to set up research into this TMSR as one of the executive in Flibe-energy company was an ex-SAF airforce guy. Most likely he would have made some connection to present to the gov already.
This ex-SAF airforce guy that you mentioned: has he got the relevant qualifications and work experience or not?

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

Also, you can note my nick. i am here to smear the PAP's fake and falsified good reputation and to smear their propaganda such as this news article saying we will never go thirsty. But at what cost?

Bro, life's short.

Channel your energy into doing positive things.

You may not realize it but the environment in which you live--Sinkieland and the fucktards who run it-- is extremely toxic and it makes you a cynic and poisons your mind to the extent that you fail to see that the world is so much bigger than Sinkieland. Like most Sinkies, your power of imagination and creativity has been taken away from you.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

GCBkia is you and don't kk here. You are the one who picked on me not the other way. I questioned on Myanmar doctors not qualified and you blatantly lied to accuse me of being jealous of doctors and even continue when proven I am not.

how about today.act GCB again talking about irasel expertise.hello GCB, you ever travel there before or not?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

how about today.act GCB again talking about irasel expertise.hello GCB, you ever travel there before or not?

GCB is you and you are targeting me for no reasons and the admin allow you to target me. That's what the whole world can see.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

GCB is you and you are targeting me for no reasons and the admin allow you to target me. That's what the whole world can see.

GCB.isnt you go around all threads calling any body matland dog etc?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

GCB.isnt you go around all threads calling any body matland dog etc?

GCB mudlander dog go round provoking me, kena exposed and still want to kk come here act as if you are moderator . Shameless mudlander dog.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why the moderator let this mudlander dog out to attack me? Discrimination of members?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

I did not know that. So how much did we pay for it and how much profit did the govt make on this?

When oil was over US$100/barrel, we paid the same rate for natural gas. Now that it's about US$50/barrel it's not too bad, But the Indon must be laughing all the way to the bank!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Hyflux manages some of our desalination plants I think. If Newater and processed water is so expensive, time to invest in Hyflux?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hyflux manages some of our desalination plants I think. If Newater and processed water is so expensive, time to invest in Hyflux?

U idiot! Expensive doesn't mean they r rolling in cash! Depends on the margin.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Foresee simi lancheow shit? U mean to say Lee Con You forsaw that we have to waste tens of billions $ a year to make Newater and Desalinized water? he foresaw this and still decided to go this route? That's is not brilliance. that is stupidity.

there's always a pioneering price to pay when a far-sighted person or organization goes outside of conventional means and easy cop-outs to solve a nagging problem. the initial price for "trial and error" projects may be great, but as clean water resources dwindle they will reach payback in non-obvious terms. beneficial consequences outnumber original intention. for example, the consequence of harnessing water from rain and the building of the marina barrage results in drainage, waterways, canals and rivers getting cleaned. clean longkangs, canals, rivers reduce water pollution and water-borne diseases, resulting in healthier lives and less money spent on combating filth and diseases. fish and wild animals such as otters and crocs are coming back from their hideout habitats in johor. they prefer the clean fresh water in sg as it's teeming with fish. the banks of canals and rivers are reinforced with concrete to prevent m&d and silt from being washed into rivers as that will cut down on sediment settlement time and filtration. the added benefit is that sg can now build park connectors along the banks of waterways for residents to use them as hike and bike trails for healthy pursuits, reducing burden on healthcare and automobile density. win-win. what so simi lancheow about that?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tunku kicked us out of malay federation,otherwise we will be enjoying cheap housing,cheap water,and drastically reduced military spending and a vast hinterland,and real economic growth,real resources and a real manufacturing base,not this artificially inflated bubble economy,where standard of living is stagnant and housing transport food healthcare inflation and cost of living far outstrips real wage growth.

Tunku did not kicked us out; Lee CONs You engineered our exit. When CON Lee realized that there was no way he could become the leader of Malaya, he settled for sinkapore and thus kicked off his process to get sinkapore out. He started sowing seeds of discord, raising up sensitive issues of race and religion (which he banned when he ran sinkapore).

Sinkapore could have remained in Malaya and enjoyed a prosperous future and also kept Mudland from descending into its current state.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

there's always a pioneering price to pay when a far-sighted person or organization goes outside of conventional means and easy cop-outs to solve a nagging problem. the initial price for "trial and error" projects may be great, but as clean water resources dwindle they will reach payback in non-obvious terms. beneficial consequences outnumber original intention. for example, the consequence of harnessing water from rain and the building of the marina barrage results in drainage, waterways, canals and rivers getting cleaned. clean longkangs, canals, rivers reduce water pollution and water-borne diseases, resulting in healthier lives and less money spent on combating filth and diseases. fish and wild animals such as otters and crocs are coming back from their hideout habitats in johor. they prefer the clean fresh water in sg as it's teeming with fish. the banks of canals and rivers are reinforced with concrete to prevent m&d and silt from being washed into rivers as that will cut down on sediment settlement time and filtration. the added benefit is that sg can now build park connectors along the banks of waterways for residents to use them as hike and bike trails for healthy pursuits, reducing burden on healthcare and automobile density. win-win. what so simi lancheow about that?

Are you Lee CONs You reincarnated? Same old bs.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Follow the money. All these schemes cooked up by the PAP benefits certain people. It is not good for the country or for sinkees. If any does, it is a coincidence.

Look at the town council scheme ...why would any government who is fiscally responsible want to spend a few hundred millions more each on estate management when it was already done fairly well under the HDB?
Because with town councils, the PAP can dish out more contracts to cronies.
Are the extra few hundred millions spent annually justified? Estate managements have not improved, in fact, in some estates, it has gotten worse. So, why are we spending wastefully for mediocrity?

The PAP government practices corruption by legalizing them. Our opposition MPs are a useless bunch. Instead of holding the PAP accountable, the PAP embarrass them when they are bored.

The lift problems ...the Opposition MPs should be embarrassing the PAP government. Instead, the Opp MPs just sit down tiam tiam. We should reduce the number of MPs if the Opposition MPs are just there to create a false image of democracy.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

my guess is singapore has always been a mediocre country,with a mediocre coolie farmer peasant race genes,just that lately it has become a very expensive country.expensive and mediocre is not a very good combination to be.

the government is mediocre,the policies are mediocre,the companies or at least the local companies are mediocre,the locals are mediocre,this does not bode well for singapore's future.for the moment the third world trash powering our economy may be happy at the moment since conditions here are better than back home,but i have a feeling after a decade or two,they might be less happy or contended with the way things are going in this country,after all every one expects progress in life,the first generation immigrants might be contented with their status in life and their quality of life but i doubt the second generation will be as patient or forgiving.