• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Water Treaty Malaysia: The tremendous financial costs imposed on S'pore by LKY's ego

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Water Treaty Malaysia: The tremendous financial costs imposed on S'pore by LKY's

Incorrect. Didn't Old Fart say that your current Prime Ministar is the best person to continue the former's legacy? Ask CNA (no, not Channel News Asia but Chief Natural Aristocrat.)

The current PeeM was not privy to face to face negotiations between his father and mahathir on account his father was afraid that he would slap mahathir's face in a fit of rage ala Dhanabalan.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Water Treaty Malaysia: The tremendous financial costs imposed on S'pore by LKY's

You don't know Malaysia govt is very smart? Today ten times tomorrow maybe twenty times like their minimum price quota for foreigners purchase of house from 500k to 1m. Next year 100 times? In no time will be same as desalination cost.

SO far, they have honoured all the all water treaties. Even when they have drought in Johor, they still sell us what is in the treaty. SO what the shit are you talking about?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

SO far, they have honoured all the all water treaties. Even when they have drought in Johor, they still sell us what is in the treaty. SO what the shit are you talking about?

It's still better for us to be safe than sorry.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

make sense. if newwater is so safe, what for mix with reservoirs and then retreat over again like rainwater??

can put a test la:
fish tank A with new water (10 goldfishs)
fish tank B normal water (10 goldfishes)
fish tank C , normal mix with new water

monitor for a year to see their life expectancy

I have a better test. Why don't we ask Gay Loong to drink newater for 1 year and ask Othman wok to drink tap water for one year. See who redevelops cancer first?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Why don't use desalination more? Israel seems to be very successful in water desalination and helping California. Spore got consult Israel?

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0TZ1LU20151216

Wed Dec 16, 2015 | 7:12 AM EST
IDE plans more U.S. desalination plants after California success

X
By Ari Rabinovitch | JERUSALEM
(Reuters) - Israel's IDE Technologies, which opened this week a billion-dollar desalination plant in California, is helping to plan 10 new facilities throughout the United States, the company's chief executive said on Wednesday.

Together with U.S. partner Poseidon Water, IDE has just completed the country's largest desalination plant, located on the Pacific coast in the city of Carlsbad. It will supply much needed drinking water for 300,000 households, alleviating the area's water shortage.

Yet it may just be the first of eight more plants being planned for California, of which IDE is involved in three, said CEO Avshalom Felber. IDE's others are in Texas and Florida.

"It's the start of a solution," Felber told Reuters. "And once you have a successful plant like this, it raises our profile in the United States."

Desalination has emerged as a promising technology in the face of a record dry spell gripping California for several years, depleting its reservoirs and aquifers and raising the costs of importing water from elsewhere.

the reason is space and land and location. The Israelis and California have the land area to build large facilities that use the hot sun in those climates for desalination. Basically, as I understand, it just big ponds they dig in the sand and then let the hot sun evaporate the water and collect the clean water from there. We don't have the land to do it, and we have to use energy to do desalination whereas the jews and the Californians use solar energy, which is free.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

agreed whole heartedly. in malaysia they still have a legal system where you can still sue the garmen or even PM. I suspect all these perpetual war mongering and all these fear instillation and kiasi kiasu attitude is fostered by the SAF paper generakls to make themselves sound important and over glorify their redundant positions and jobs. You need to go to SAF to see how many literally hundreds of paper generals (literally paper pushers) who have never fought a real battle, yet talk cock and almighty like the MRT managements .

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

yes, i'm not only well aware of that but extremely aware of the subject, and not only being aware but living and experiencing the consequences of severe drought and lack of water conservation and recycling strategies for a population of over 36 million. i have even started and dedicated a thread to the subject in the emigration folder. 4 and now 5 years of severe drought and finally politicians and leaders are compelled to do something about it, but it may be too late. that's why i'm saying the sg strategy is brilliant because lky had foreseen the importance of water independence or self-sufficiency, despite any tit for tat with malaysia (that's short term tactic in the scheme of things not a long term strategy). the right long term strategy is to harness water from all sources including recycling within your boundaries and produce your own as water is becoming a valuable mass-use resource in the world besides oil and fishing that will result in international conflicts.

Foresee simi lancheow shit? U mean to say Lee Con You forsaw that we have to waste tens of billions $ a year to make Newater and Desalinized water? he foresaw this and still decided to go this route? That's is not brilliance. that is stupidity.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

agreed whole heartedly. in malaysia they still have a legal system where you can still sue the garmen or even PM. I suspect all these perpetual war mongering and all these fear instillation and kiasi kiasu attitude is fostered by the SAF paper generakls to make themselves sound important and over glorify their redundant positions and jobs. You need to go to SAF to see how many literally hundreds of paper generals (literally paper pushers) who have never fought a real battle, yet talk cock and almighty like the MRT managements .

Lee Con You has learned well from the Americans and the Brits. You must always have a national boogey man to create a national fervour to stand behind you. The Americans had the communists, then the Iraqis, then Al Qaida, and now China. It justifies their huge denfence budget and it cons their citizens into acts of loyalty and patriotism. Lee Con You decided that Singapore's boogey man will be malaysia. Simple as that. that is why the shit times is always filled with news of crimes against sinkies in JB and what not. Despite all that is said about malaysia, their level of democracy is still many times that of singapore. their news papers and media can question najib about his $600 milion USD money. People can march in the street and demonstrate against that. they have that right.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Singaporean should not fool themselves. Singapore's most important resource is not the people. It is money.

If the Singapore currency collapsed, that's the end of Singapore. Without money, there is no money to buy food. There is no money to buy energy (be it natural gas, petrol or oil). There is no money to buy water (as this thread shows, sometimes got money also cannot buy something).

This whole idea of Singapore "self sufficient" for water is rubbish. Without the high energy cost purification systems, there is no fresh water supply in Singapore that can meet the country's needs. Reverse osmosis is a very good water purification system however it consumes a lot of energy. Way too expensive and I bet the green energy people would frown on its use worldwide. Without the money to buy the energy to purify water from the sea or the toilet bowls - where is the water going to come from?

Realistically, the government knows this. The SAF only plans 7 day missions because they don't believe that the country would be able to hold out in a war lasting longer than that.

So as you can see, Singapore is a very vulnerable country. Without money it is finished. That's why the government places so much emphasis on the economy and money. Much more important than Singaporeans and the people. No money = no Singapore. No Singapore no need have Singaporeans liao.

Just look at air conditioning which is already so important in Singapore. Without the money to buy natural resources how to have aircon?

attachment.php

I laughed when i visited the Cloud Forest. In that area, there was one presentation that said the Cloud Forest is fully self sustainable. Really? How much electricity is spent on the air conditioning everyday? And it comes from? Solar?

Apparently not.
attachment.php

If you look at the above it all looks pretty impressive until you see the "electricity generated for site and conservatories". It is in RED.

I guess without airconditioning the cloud forest won't be such a enjoyable stroll eh?

Self sustainable my foot

The same can be said of every economy in the world, even the north koreans. Without money, the US will also collapse. they couldn't buy oil from overseas and they will grind to a halt. What you are saying is not new. The greatest resource that singapore has is not its people. It is its money. However, that source has been pissed away by Whore Jinx and GIC, and pissed away on a bunch of useless crap. How much of this resource is left, is anybody's guess.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

The same can be said of every economy in the world, even the north koreans. Without money, the US will also collapse. they couldn't buy oil from overseas and they will grind to a halt. What you are saying is not new. The greatest resource that singapore has is not its people. It is its money. However, that source has been pissed away by Whore Jinx and GIC, and pissed away on a bunch of useless crap. How much of this resource is left, is anybody's guess.

People are our only resource. That is why we extract, EXTRACT as much as quickly as we can from this limitless and renewable resource.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Forget about water. We got screwed better by the Indons for natural gas!! A lot of people may or may not know our power plants r run on natural gas piped from Natuna. But what a lot don't know we r paying for the gas same as diesel - another piece of fantastic deal from MIW!!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

huh....i thought they say newater accounts for 30 percent of our daily water consumption and desalination 10 percent,reserviours 10 percent and imported water 50 percent.

and ur calculations are for 1 cubic meter of water,1 cubic meter of water cost 87 cents to desalinate,the water tarrifs is $1.12 per cubic meter of water.1 cubic meter of water = 264 gallons.so roughly we are spending 130k a day to desalinate 30 MGD of water,130k is a long way off from 174 million a day.

since newater cost roughly 3.5 times less and we produce about 100 MGD a day of water from Newater,the cost is also about 130k a day,the cost of purifying 200 MGD of imported water is about 50k a day,130k times 2 divided by 5......the other 10 percent comes from reserviours,so roughly we spend about 310k a day on our water needs not $190 million.

think about it for a second,if it cost 190 million a day to fulfill our water needs,that is more expensive than crude oil.even crude oil only cost $47 a barrel now,i suggest we drink and bathe crude oil instead.66 billion a year is more than the GDP of oil rich countries like brunei darussalam.

Ok, I see what you are saying here. So, if 1 cu m = 264 gallons, then the total usuage per day in singapore of 430 MGD is equal to 1.628787 mlillion cu m per day.
Of this amount 50% is Johor water under the treaty costing .2 KWh per cu m to produce. Also, I have to factor in that the commercial newater and desalination plants pay a lower cost for energy then say the regular households. i did not account for this in my earlier calculations. So, lets say they pay 15 cents per KWh.

814,394 cu m per day of Johor water at .2 Kwh X 15 cents per Kwh = $24, 431

I have seen some reports of Newater supplying up to 15% of the water needs, definitely not the 30% that you mentioned. So, if this is the case, then.......

.15 X 1,628,787 cu m X 1 kwh X 15 cents = $36,647

If johor water is 50%, and newater is 15% then desalinized water must be 35%

.35 X 1,628,787 cu m X 3.5 kwh X 15 cents = $299,290

Total cost per day = $299,290 + $36,647 + $24,431 = $360,368 per day or $131.54 million a year.
Of course the capital cost of the Newater plants and the desalination plants plus the interest payments on them plus the lost opportunity cost on the scarce land these plants occupy, which could have been used for some other purposes are not factored in.

So, I am going to correct myself and say the prior calculations I made were erroneous. These should be fairly accurate.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Forget about water. We got screwed better by the Indons for natural gas!! A lot of people may or may not know our power plants r run on natural gas piped from Natuna. But what a lot don't know we r paying for the gas same as diesel - another piece of fantastic deal from MIW!!

I did not know that. So how much did we pay for it and how much profit did the govt make on this?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i wonder why we are not switching to solar power.when im billionaire im going to start a solar initiative in singapore.all low income housing and schools to be powered by solar panels.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

i wonder why we are not switching to solar power.when im billionaire im going to start a solar initiative in singapore.all low income housing and schools to be powered by solar panels.

Solar power is a silly idea lah. :smile: At night no sunlight how? :confused:

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

I never say I am expert in anything.
I only ask you to use your pig brain to think simple.
our energy is not dig up from the ground.
GCB pig

yup.i also encounter this GCB ginfreely last week.vomit blood explain to this kuku
really one of the worst GCB on planet ever encountered.sway to meet this GCBkia

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Solar power is a silly idea lah. :smile: At night no sunlight how? :confused:

all solar setups uses batteries or a battery bank to store their energy,this is to regulate the flow of electricity so ur lights and electrical appliances dont go off everytime a cloud passes by ur rooftop.this also acts as a store of electricity during hours when theres no sunlight.inverters are used to convert electricity stored in ur batteries to workable 110v or 240v A/C current for ur household appliances.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

you aren't reading up a lot.
you have never heard how the cabinet in Malaysia threatened us by cutting off the supply?

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

all solar setups uses batteries or a battery bank to store their energy,this is to regulate the flow of electricity so ur lights and electrical appliances dont go off everytime a cloud passes by ur rooftop.this also acts as a store of electricity during hours when theres no sunlight.inverters are used to convert electricity stored in ur batteries to workable 110v or 240v A/C current for ur household appliances.

brother, sg don't have a lot of space for huge battery room.
I saw in data farm center.1/3 of the space is for battery room. 1/5 for generator

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

yup.i also encounter this GCB ginfreely last week.vomit blood explain to this kuku
really one of the worst GCB on planet ever encountered.sway to meet this GCBkia

GCBkia is you and don't kk here. You are the one who picked on me not the other way. I questioned on Myanmar doctors not qualified and you blatantly lied to accuse me of being jealous of doctors and even continue when proven I am not.