• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wanted: Scroobal by K Shanmugam

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal, you better hide unless you can provide proof that Shanmugam had an affair. Or else you will be deemed as a liar.
http://yawningbread.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/comment-about-k-shanmugam-withdrawn/

Comment about K Shanmugam withdrawn
Published 14 February 2012 personal perspective Closed

Late afternoon Tuesday, 14 Feb 2012, I received a letter from law firm Allen & Gledhill, acting for K Shanmugam. It said that the allegations regarding their client mentioned within a comment I posted following the post The media and Yaw Shin Leong, are false and scurrilous. I take Shanmugam’s word on this matter. I have withdrawn that comment as requested.

Allen & Gledhill have also requested that I publish their letter in full, which I am happy to do:

DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS PUBLISHED ON YAWNINGBREAD.WORDPRESS.COM

1. We act for Mr K Shanmugam.

2. We refer to the following comments that you have made on your website, yawningbread.wordpress.com, under the Responses section of the blog posting entitled “The Media and Yaw Shin Leong” published on 8 February 2012:

“I take the points raised in the above two comments. Indeed, I think the role of the mainstream press in this issue needs to be contrasted with the relative silence when it came to allegations swirling around K Shanmugam and Foo Mee Har at various points in the recent past. That there were rumours is widely known, though as in the Yaw Shin Leong case, no one can point to any proof. But that’s not my point here. My point is that the mainstream media’s interest in the Yaw affair does not look like neutral journalism. “

(Response No 24 dated 9 February 2012 at 23:34hrs) (the “Blog Comments’)

3. The allegations against our client that you have referred to in the Blog Comments have been put up primarily by a person who calls himself “scroobal’ on the internet. The allegations are false and scurrilous.

4. Our client has instructed us to try and trace “scroobal’ in order to sue him. But the internet being what it is. “scroobal’ has been untraceable so far.

5. Likewise, others who have repeated the allegations made by “scroobal’ have so far been untraceable.

6. Our client’s instructions are to commence proceedings against anyone who makes such allegations against our client.

7. We request that you take down the Blog Comments, and publish this letter in full on your website.

8. All our client’s rights are reserved.

ALLEN & GLEDHILL LLP

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take it esy bro, why so excited. Behaving like some small kid given a candy by the neighbourhood paedophile. Better stick to 3 in 1 where the IQ is closer to yours.

Scroobal, you better hide unless you can provide proof that Shanmugam had an affair. Or else you will be deemed as a liar.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
4. Our client has instructed us to try and trace “scroobal’ in order to sue him. But the internet being what it is. “scroobal’ has been untraceable so far.

This paragraph was composed by a lawyer or a clerk?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This sort of publicity does Shanmugam no favours whatsoever. All it does is make things worse. He should have simply ignored the noise.

What a minister does in his private life is none of our concern in the first place.

jiakhongleow

Alfrescian
Loyal
you certainly did a good job, Sam. Even Ah Neh got problem. Even Pres Obama got slammed too so what the fuzz about?

Is there such thing as a clean society? But I now there is such thing as a MIW Minister in White sheet/shit.

This sort of publicity does Shanmugam no favours whatsoever. All it does is make things worse. He should have simply ignored the noise.

What a minister does in his private life is none of our concern in the first place.

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal

True. Not a wise move. The next time he meets foreign ministers from other countries, they will look at him - and probably Singapore too - with different eyes. And his ex-wife would likely feel that justice is finally done. No pun intended.

Last edited:

Cranial Blowout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some chaps just can't keep it in their trousers:biggrin:

He's in a privileged position, a role model no less and should know better. He shouldn't have responded to the shit - obviously enjoys taking the bait.:biggrin:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Every fucking lawyer in town knows that his wife divorced him because he was fucking his Chinese assistant. There will be no shortage of witnesses in court.

Last edited:

RandomMonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
K Shanmugam is on a witch hunt for Scroobal now. Is Scroobal's identity truly safe or will he be revealed and hauled into a lengthy court battle with K Shanmugam?

refulgence

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very understated and very true.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
K Shanmugam is on a witch hunt for Scroobal now. Is Scroobal's identity truly safe or will he be revealed and hauled into a lengthy court battle with K Shanmugam?

I do not think the intend is to sue Scroobal. I find it a bit strange when the lawyer letter actually states that they cannot sue scroobal because they can't get his identity. It is strange because when you send a letter to a guy to threaten him of defamation suit, you don't need to tell him anything else, least about why they can't sue another person because they can't find out who he is.

Apparently the letter just want Alex to publish it and used him to publicise their stand: They will not hesitate to sue anybody who try to defame the man in white but they cannot do it now because they can't trace Scroobal. i.e. putting up a PR excuse for not carrying out the lawsuit.

Goh Meng Seng

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

My view differs somewhat from yours. You're right that Shanmugam sleeping around with his assistants and divorcing his wife are his private affairs. However, now the woman involved in the allegation is also an MP. The public does have justified interest to know who's having an affair with who in Parliament.

Same goes for YSL sleeping around with his translator, staff, friend's wives or whoever. However, now the woman involved in the allegation is also an election candidate who scored above 40% the last round and potentially an MP the next round. How can the public be disinterested in a yes or no answer?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good. Now we should have a Who's into Who in our Parliament list. Or come out with a Desperate MPs series to match the Desperate Housewives afternoon matinees.

The public does have justified interest to know who's having an affair with who in Parliament.

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take it esy bro, why so excited. Behaving like some small kid given a candy by the neighbourhood paedophile. Better stick to 3 in 1 where the IQ is closer to yours.

Ya, and why I degrade myself to your level of IQ by engaging you?