• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Waiting Time at Starhub and M1

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes my point to my posts is simply one thing that its easy to order online with Starhub (no idea the other service providers) and that I do not need to queue. Thanks to a Starhub staff in Clementi who encouraged me to do this when I got a long queue number. The amazing this is I could take my time to read and choose and modify my existing package all online, remember at the shop I would have just signed everything including some services I do not want. As mentioned only drawback is you get your product a few days later but then its to your doorstep.

it's similarly easy and quick with singtel online. you can even check on phone availability by color and options before committing. i got all my family biz staff their new gold 6 and 6+ via online early december on my last trip. one is still happy with his samsung.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes my point to my posts is simply one thing that its easy to order online with Starhub (no idea the other service providers) and that I do not need to queue. Thanks to a Starhub staff in Clementi who encouraged me to do this when I got a long queue number. The amazing this is I could take my time to read and choose and modify my existing package all online, remember at the shop I would have just signed everything including some services I do not want. As mentioned only drawback is you get your product a few days later but then its to your doorstep.

Not sure when was your purchase but I can tell you for the last month till now its not possible as the iphone 6 is not available for online purchase for Starhub. The iphone 5 is available. The new Samsung (forgot model) also not available.

There's no waiting or reservation list online. Or other ways to assist customers....its take if or leave it.
They only have a availability update that even the customer service cannot confirm when is the next update. (For Singtel the update is twice a day and times of next update also posted.
Starhub online purchase is relatively easy only for limited choice of phones and you need to be existing customer.

Also you mentioned Clementi Starhub shop I assume its the one at basement of Clementi mall?
That's a franchisee shop with nothing to do with Starhub online shop and infact is in direct competition with it.
If the boss saw your post he will sack the staff for losing a customer by directing you to make online purchase.

And FYI even if you confirm and paid for an iphone with Singtel online. You only get the phone next year in January.

Sorry I can't provide experience with m1 as I did not browse their shop.

Bottomline telco service is fucked up and always overwhelmed by customers.
They can't or couldn't be bothered to ease the crowds as its a vile pap oligopoly.
Your good experience is the exception then the norm.
Dun believe go down to interview those who queue in person for hours.....I'm sure most are not Internet ignorant until they dunno how to make online transactions

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes people happen to be at a mall for shopping or movies, and if a telco service centre happens to be there (e.g. Vivocity Starhub) they'll just queue up. Often they want to recontract or redeem gifts with accumulated reward points.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Starhub online purchase is relatively easy only for limited choice of phones and you need to be existing customer.

i believe your online iq is lacking. all phones offered by starhub in shops are offered online for both new and existing customers. the iphone 6/6+ and latest samsung phones are there. click on the link below, and go to the mobile tab then store icon. all the latest iphone 6 and samsung models are there. all iphone 6 16 and 64 gb are sold out as indicated. 128 gb versions are still available, although grey is out. for 6+, 64 and 128 gb versions are still available. the samsung note 4 and note edge are also available, as at time of this post. if you don't know how to navigate, you can always ask.

http://www.starhub.com/online.html

http://www.starhub.com/personal/store.html

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Not sure when was your purchase but I can tell you for the last month till now its not possible as the iphone 6 is not available for online purchase for Starhub. The iphone 5 is available. The new Samsung (forgot model) also not available.

There's no waiting or reservation list online. Or other ways to assist customers....its take if or leave it.
They only have a availability update that even the customer service cannot confirm when is the next update. (For Singtel the update is twice a day and times of next update also posted.

Also you mentioned Clementi Starhub shop I assume its the one at basement of Clementi mall?
That's a franchisee shop with nothing to do with Starhub online shop and infact is in direct competition with it.
If the boss saw your post he will sack the staff for losing a customer by directing you to make online purchase.

And FYI even if you confirm and paid for an iphone with Singtel online. You only get the phone next year in January.

They can't or couldn't be bothered to ease the crowds as its a vile pap oligopoly.
Dun believe go down to interview those who queue in person for hours.....I'm sure most are not Internet ignorant until they dunno how to make online transactions

Yes Pii Narong I think the school holiday as well as year end holidays plays a part in the demand. If you see my two earlier links I actually bought my 6+ online on Nov/5 and was delivered 3 days later on Nov/8.

Agree with you there's no reservation online or even in person however once can just buy off their website immediately if there is a unit available and delivery takes a few days. Therefore if the unit one wants is not there there's no booking or reservation function, just gotta come back and try.

Clementi Starhub shop is the one at the basement.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wonderful sharing. Thanks, Narong

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes people happen to be at a mall for shopping or movies, and if a telco service centre happens to be there (e.g. Vivocity Starhub) they'll just queue up. Often they want to recontract or redeem gifts with accumulated reward points.

yes, a Telco Service provider is to provide service to consumers

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why go M1 or Star hub now ? Isn't it a waste of time ?
m1.jpg

waste of time indeed

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i believe your online iq is lacking. all phones offered by starhub in shops are offered online for both new and existing customers. the iphone 6/6+ and latest samsung phones are there. click on the link below, and go to the mobile tab then store icon. all the latest iphone 6 and samsung models are there. all iphone 6 16 and 64 gb are sold out as indicated. 128 gb versions are still available, although grey is out. for 6+, 64 and 128 gb versions are still available. the samsung note 4 and note edge are also available, as at time of this post. if you don't know how to navigate, you can always ask.

http://www.starhub.com/online.html

http://www.starhub.com/personal/store.html

You pulling a sinkie embed vid stunt on me? Haha
Bottomline can I order an iphone6 online now (for future delivery) even if its of stock? Can pre order? Waiting list? Etc as long as no need go down to store to queue?
All the BS is useless unless the customer can get what he wants or at least let the customer leave feeling satisfied.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You pulling a sinkie embed vid stunt on me? Haha
Bottomline can I order an iphone6 online now (for future delivery) even if its of stock? Can pre order? Waiting list? Etc as long as no need go down to store to queue?
All the BS is useless unless the customer can get what he wants or at least let the customer leave feeling satisfied.

good questions

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last evening waiting time to be served at NEx, Starhub was 4 hours

If that's bad, waiting time at M1 last evening was 5 to 7 hours.

Truly Singapore!

halo tracy, u r beginning to sound like a typical whiny sinkie biatch

never go full retard :o

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
halo tracy, u r beginning to sound like a typical whiny sinkie biatch

never go full retard :o

Halo, Clone.

Do you only want to hear good things? If so, then you should stick to reading Straits Times.

In the social media, we talk the truth and what matters.

Do you think what I said is true? If so, you shouldn't chide me as being bitching.

Don't kill the messenger if the message she carries is true although not to your liking

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Halo, Clone.

Do you only want to hear good things? If so, then you should stick to reading Straits Times.

In the social media, we talk the truth and what matters.

Do you think what I said is true? If so, you shouldn't chide me as being bitching.

Don't kill the messenger if the message she carries is true although not to your liking

Wtf how u know i read the ST daily?! :confused:

But of all days huai u chose 2 go on Xmas eve?