• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

wah nabay, you see this Toyota Altis body machiam made from thin metal shit

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What would be a safe car these days?

The safest cars nowadays are those with intelligent safety systems. The car I'm driving now is a good example. If I take my eye off the road and the car in front suddenly stops the car will brake for me. If I drift out of my lane the car steers me back.

When it comes to impact safety any car with a 5 star ANCAP rating is top notch. You can look up the ratings at http://www.ancap.com.au

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The safest cars nowadays are those with intelligent safety systems. The car I'm driving now is a good example. If I take my eye off the road and the car in front suddenly stops the car will brake for me. If I drift out of my lane the car steers me back.

When it comes to impact safety any car with a 5 star ANCAP rating is top notch. You can look up the ratings at http://www.ancap.com.au
Driver assist is a great feature, an optional extra on some makes. I looked through the website. Seems almost all popular makes have 5-star ratings. So a Toyota Corolla or any Subaru is as good as a BMW, Merc in terms of safety.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Driver assist is a great feature, an optional extra on some makes. I looked through the website. Seems almost all popular makes have 5-star ratings. So a Toyota Corolla or any Subaru is as good as a BMW, Merc in terms of safety.

What is important nowadays is the strength of the passenger compartment. The rest of the car is designed to disintegrate in order to dissipate energy.

Some high end sports cars are actually designed so that the engine compartment splits off in the event of a major crash. Of course those who do not understand the logic behind this safety feature will assume that the car is shit.

The reality is that all the safety engineering is put into making the cockpit shell immensely strong while the rest of the car is sacrificed in order to dissipate G forces.

https://www.zero2turbo.com/2018/10/audi-r8-driver-walks-away-after-car-splits-in-two.html

Here's an example of this feature at work in an Audi R8. Engine is up the road while the driver walks away because the driver compartment remained completely intact.

audi-r8-v10-split-in-half-crash-van-italy-2.jpg

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Lamborghini Huracan splits in half after crashing into a pole

By
Tushar Kelshikar
Published on May 1, 2018
https://www.thesupercarblog.com/lamborghini-huracan-splits-in-half-after-crashing-into-a-pole/#

Lamborghini Huracan split into two pieces following high speed crash.

A black Lamborghini Huracan crashed into a concrete light pole in Fairfax, Virginia on Friday night. The force of the impact caused the engine to sever from the rest of the chassis. A small fire was also reported which soon put off by the local fire department. According to a media report, the driver suffered minor injuries.
Looking at the images, it appears that the Huracan could be travelling at high speed. While it may look disturbing to some, in most mid-engined supercars, the engine is designed to split off in the event of a crash, which also helps dissipate energy. A setup like this reduces the risk of fire and can be a life saver. As for the car, it’s destined for the scrap heap.

Lamborghini-Huracan-crash-Fairfax-Virginia-USA-2.jpg

In August 2016, a similar incident was reported in Chicago, where a black Huracan Spyder was split in half following a crash.