• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wah even mentally disabled kids can have career ok!

MaxRiley

Alfrescian
Loyal
The recent Singapore International Festival of the Arts (SIFA) featured disabled kids who perform in their own theatre production.
Not only will this production give the kids a chance to explore their talents, it gives a form of career for them too!

This is very aligned to our ASPIRE messaging that talks about recognising skills and talents outside of the educational paper chase!
Hope things will change to a similar direction when it comes to our PMEs and employment in Singapore.

http://workingwithgrace.wordpress.com/2014/09/22/disabled-theatre-disabling-misconceptions-enabling-dreams/

Disabled Theatre: Disabling Misconceptions, Enabling Dreams

"But I came to understand that these actors with learning disabilities are not that different from us. Are we able to look upon them as equals? If you have to avert your gaze, or stifle nervous laughter, or find yourself shifting in your seat, then you have something to think about."

"And that got me thinking, there is so much potential in the Singapore arts scene, great musicians, actors and actresses, sculptures, and the list goes on. Yet, theatre and acting has never been a flourishing industry in Singapore. Recently, the hot topic on ASPIRE addressed issues about moving away from this “paper chase” mindset to one that focuses on skills and experience. Also, it is not the first time we hear about the emphasis on skills and experience. The Labour Movement in Singapore has also been pushing for Singaporeans to respect every job and worker regardless of their paper qualifications. Mr Seah Keng Tia, Chairperson of Young NTUC once said “The Singaporean society must be one that respects every worker and every job. We must strive to create a culture that supports the pursuit of happiness and balance, as success is more than economic growth and wealth alone.”

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah, you expect the retards and the cripples to keep on working eh?

Gotta love the PAP's 'rugged individualism'. Just ask this guy as he embarks on his wonderful career. :wink:

19208099.JPG

MaxRiley

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't say that. I think you're the retard who didn't read the article and comment properly.
Typical sinkie.

genius.png