• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vincent Wijeysingha's apology to Dr Vasoo

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....vw was praised to the sky in this forum.
however what he did showed that he is just another kukubird material......lol.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
same can be said of pap - they committing harakiri over the years more than the opposition. there is already a viable opposition poised to take over and they should - wp.

The immediate task is to break the stranglehold of the PAP in Parliament. WP is best poised to do that. It has the groundswell and has positioned itself well -- people-centered, middle ground, no extreme viewpoints, engaging the masses rather than shooting blindly at the govt, grassroots oriented, etc. If other parties want a share of the pie, they have to put their game too. Its time to play it smart. The adversary (PAP) is extremely cunning and will use all means and every opportunity to discredit you.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Another clueless chap. Already explained extensively here and in other threads that an apology to the PAP means nothing ... zero ... zilch. Only an uneducated person will think lesser of someone who was forced under threat of a lawsuit to apologize to the PAP.

Its the overall pattern of behaviour that counts .... is that chap matured, responsible, savvy, has the right values, etc.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
same can be said of pap - they committing harakiri over the years more than the opposition. there is already a viable opposition poised to take over and they should - wp.

Times like this when I appreciate the WP as a proxy for vote of no confidence on the PAP government. I guess it has come to that.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another clueless chap. Already explained extensively here and in other threads that an apology to the PAP means nothing ... zero ... zilch. Only an uneducated person will think lesser of someone who was forced under threat of a lawsuit to apologize to the PAP.

Its the overall pattern of behaviour that counts .... is that chap matured, responsible, savvy, has the right values, etc.
hahaha....clueless???
tcss better lah......make basless allegation and then apologise and then said it is nothing to apologise.......
vw at least has the decency to admit it when he made a mistake......for that he is much more credible than u.

Last edited:

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal

i am one of those that thought he would follow a different path from CSJ. The more he talks about marxist conspiracy, the less i feel that way.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Either there is something wrong with the water supply or there is something that is going on.

Quite a silly mistake if you ask me. Its not as if he doesnt know CSJ quotes are like land mines. He is from SDP somemore.

VW's ego is getting to big liao.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't try to read with such biased eyes. It is quite obvious that Vincent was directly whacking Vasoo and even insinuating that Vasoo did not refute, so it had to be true.

Vincent should stay away from the history of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan. I would say that Vincent had in the past almost aided in the rehabilitation of the the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan but has managed to undo all the work with this incident.

This is what worries me. VW is making his first stumble. It's a kind of hubris to be carried away by your own rhetoric that sometimes lay yourself open to mistakes like that. Despite it being a distant point, Vasoo has his rights too, and he has chosen to react - VW has pushed it too far. I wont say the point is immaterial or inconsequential - how Chee fell was a lever in Wijey's arguments, and by demolishing this point, it can disrupt VW's momentum. VW just has to be more careful. As it is, it was careless. He mounted the attack in a Truth or Dare moment, and Vasoo has taken it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sense that you are right but it would have been tactical to use a proxy rather than VW. Classical example is our PM. He uses WKS and TCH to do all the sabre rattling, then emerges long after the dust settled to preach reconciliation etc.

VW's spiel was emotional.

SDP cannot afford to preach cooperation and unity and then start appearing chaotic.

upon reflection, may i share the following:

VB preached himself happy ... The part on Vasoo, purely casual and 'along the way by the way'?
maybe, maybe not.

Good device to test: if no hoo haa from establishment, yes, another small pushing back of OB markers;

But in this instance, the Pavlov reaction from the Estab: cease & decease, do the following or else be sued!

Is anyone seriously surprised?

I am bemused witnessing the finesse and nimbleness of the active participants in the field, or the lackof.
ok ok to be fair, in varying degrees, there is something for all to learn

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who the fuck is Vasoo? I only know vaseline? Is it worldclass known? Whitney Houston I know but who the fuck is Vasoo? Is it a cheap rip off of vaseline?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good point bro. TCH is becoming a liability and the Hougang fallout after the results where LTK insinuated that he is a gangster was really hilarious. The thing with the secret squirrel. Was badly received.

PAP despite the disastrous PE results is still in strife. Imagine a former DPM and long standing cabinet member struggling to scrape thru with votes in the 30s.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is still very active in PAP despite leaving parliament. A very abrupt and rude chap by nature. To ingratiate himself and act important he will readily offer to be the hatchet man. The fact that he hired the most expensive lawyer to send simple demand tells you why he needs the association. If old man chooses someone lower down the food chain, Vasoo will also pick the same guy.

Had someone suggest that SDP was trying to bait Vasoo because they know that he will bite. But I felt that VW's article was too emotional to give credence to that view.

Who the fuck is Vasoo? I only know vaseline? Is it worldclass known? Whitney Houston I know but who the fuck is Vasoo? Is it a cheap rip off of vaseline?

independentdirect

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had someone suggest that SDP was trying to bait Vasoo because they know that he will bite. But I felt that VW's article was too emotional to give credence to that view.

VW acted solo. He was not backed by SDP. He knows that the Vasoo remark was a costly and ironic mistake.

VW is at a juncture where he has critical choices to make. As you have said it, a fork in the road. Let's hope he makes the right one. He is much too savvy to bring harm to SDP, but his extremely principled nature will get in the way of being a politician. Politics is compromise and sacrifice and then even more compromise. This is not a game for the free-wheeling or the fancy-free liberal.

independentdirect

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sense that you are right but it would have been tactical to use a proxy rather than VW. Classical example is our PM. He uses WKS and TCH to do all the sabre rattling, then emerges long after the dust settled to preach reconciliation etc.

You're right, VW could have been a proxy and if so a poor choice at that. If indeed he was a proxy I would be extremely disappointed in SDP's lack of judgement. I didn't think of this. I thought SDP would have better sense, knowing that VW is the biggest thing of the radar of the PAP machinery. Knowing VW's principled and independent mind, I still prefer to think he acted alone. Others in SDP will agree with his stand naturally but he's mature enough to know that he should take it by himself.

Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Threatening your opponent and forcing him to apologize still works in this day and age unfortunately. If it didn't work, Vasoo and PAP wouldn't have tried this latest gimmick.

That's what you'd get when the daft, silent 60% prefer to save their own backyard and give convincingly strong mandate to the White Scums decades after decades, so that they can riase, pass, interpret and reinterpret any law anytime they like.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree and disagree.

Agree - maybe the apology really affect nothing
Disagree - even if that apology comes at zero cost, why do it? Ego? Stupid? Cheap thrill?

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe he singlehandedly won voters over for SDP the last GE. to the public, he is the new face of SDP. even more than CSJ. cannot say he is not backed by SDP anymore

VW acted solo. He was not backed by SDP. He knows that the Vasoo remark was a costly and ironic mistake.

VW is at a juncture where he has critical choices to make. As you have said it, a fork in the road. Let's hope he makes the right one. He is much too savvy to bring harm to SDP, but his extremely principled nature will get in the way of being a politician. Politics is compromise and sacrifice and then even more compromise. This is not a game for the free-wheeling or the fancy-free liberal.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is just a little saga here, don't read too much into it.

The PAP's mode of operations has changed subtly. They will not sue as long as you put up a little apology... they won't be able to do anything if they don't even know who you are... just like Scroobal and Real Singaporean.... or that, they won't bother to find out and just simply use that as an excuse not to take any action.... they could possibly find out who Scroobal or those behind Real Singaporean... in fact, I think they know who Scroobal is already, but they didn't sue.

It is just a moderated political posture... just to make a point that they value their reputation and they are maligned on the internet. They couldn't possibly sue so many people on the internet, can they? For people who claim that VW will "lose credibility" due to this incident, that's really insane. Well, do you think Scroobal has lost all his credibility here just because Shanmugam threaten to sue him?

Hardball politics is really out of fashion, out of date nowadays. GE 2011 changed it all... or rather, I would say GE 2006 has started to change that; well, did they sue James Gomez back in post GE2006 for "Criminal Intimidation" or "Criminal Defamation"? Nope. PAP is not filled with stupid fools, guys! They have realized that the era of hardball politics has passed. The Hougang By-elections has confirmed and cast this mantra in stone... Hardball is Deadball!

So relax lah. It is just a stir in the cup... not even a storm. VW has a bright future ahead, press on.

Goh Meng Seng

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I must be in a good mood tonight as I actually agree with your post, except for one point. Most of us here in the political folder won't think less of VW just because he apologized, save for a few souls. The majority out there don't necessarily think this way. They know the masses will deem an apology as a negative, because supposedly only a person who has done something wrong needs to apologize.

Whatever the PAP does it is always with the mass perception in mind. They don't care about you or I. They care what the middle ground thinks. They see people apologizing, they think this person kee siao, anyhow luan luan kong wei, now must say sollie, OBI GOOD. And believe me this is not just the pro PAP camp. I've seen many opposition comrades tell me Alex Au has been discredited by what he posted.

It is just a little saga here, don't read too much into it.

The PAP's mode of operations has changed subtly. They will not sue as long as you put up a little apology... they won't be able to do anything if they don't even know who you are... just like Scroobal and Real Singaporean.... or that, they won't bother to find out and just simply use that as an excuse not to take any action.... they could possibly find out who Scroobal or those behind Real Singaporean... in fact, I think they know who Scroobal is already, but they didn't sue.

It is just a moderated political posture... just to make a point that they value their reputation and they are maligned on the internet. They couldn't possibly sue so many people on the internet, can they? For people who claim that VW will "lose credibility" due to this incident, that's really insane. Well, do you think Scroobal has lost all his credibility here just because Shanmugam threaten to sue him?

Hardball politics is really out of fashion, out of date nowadays. GE 2011 changed it all... or rather, I would say GE 2006 has started to change that; well, did they sue James Gomez back in post GE2006 for "Criminal Intimidation" or "Criminal Defamation"? Nope. PAP is not filled with stupid fools, guys! They have realized that the era of hardball politics has passed. The Hougang By-elections has confirmed and cast this mantra in stone... Hardball is Deadball!

So relax lah. It is just a stir in the cup... not even a storm. VW has a bright future ahead, press on.

Goh Meng Seng

Last edited: