• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[USA] - Lone gunman with assault rifle shoots dead 20 people and seriously injures another 26 people at Texas Walmart

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Muslims did not hate each other as much as others hate them none of this sort of carnage would occur in the first place.

Iran and Iraq have been at each other's throats for a long time.
just an addition :

long before Islam entrenched itself in the Middle East, the Middle Easterners were already hating/killing each other. Long after Islam leaves, they will still do the same. For a few reasons, that part of the world is a breeding ground for contention, hatred and violence. The unfortunate thing is that Islam co-evolved in that region and took on the characteristics of the people and tribes of that region and become riddled with the biases of the Middle Easterners. Christianity with very similar roots expanded north and west instead and co-evolved with the Europeans and took on their biases to become Christianity as it is today.

The root religion from which both are derived from, Judaism, is fairly unchanged from its origin as a belief system of contentious nomads who were ex-slaves and therefore has its persecution complex fairly intact to this day.

In short, you are right, but largely because Islam has been so successfully adopted and co-opted in that region. Religion and people influence each other.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
If done by White xtian...is either hes mentality unstable or hate crime. Not terrorist act...
why u believe American-biased media labelling? anybody who does this IS a terrorist, mentally unstable and is perpetrating a hate crime. Jews, Muslims, Christians, astronauts, fishermen, karang guni, hawker, agnostic, Buddhist, Hindu, banker, doctor. Whoever and anybody.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Ya lah! You are the tio. But that would be a lot of blood on everybody's hands. The problem here is that a lot of people reading that statement guns don't kill people automatically make a cognitive jump that guns are safe, not an issue and that gun ownership should be derestricted.

flipping my position around, I can say that showers also kill people so why don't we ban showers? makes people who want to ban guns sound ridiculous no?

Long short is that black and white judgments rarely possible in the real world, some arguments can be very misleading and that guns whose sole and singular purpose is to kill/maim should not be passed around like candy. everything else has a different primary purpose.
Yes, so many shades of grey. Hence, such an imperfect world.

To be sure, anything that can send a person to the netherworld in a split second cannot be safe. Fact is, people are the worst creatures on earth. And the gun, with all its awesome power and might, when placed in the hands of the worst of humans, will lead to very bad outcomes. On its own, the gun will guai guai sit in the gun safe.:biggrin:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why u believe American-biased media labelling? anybody who does this IS a terrorist, mentally unstable and is perpetrating a hate crime. Jews, Muslims, Christians, astronauts, fishermen, karang guni, hawker, agnostic, Buddhist, Hindu, banker, doctor. Whoever and anybody.

I am being sarcastic tere. :smile:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Muslims did not hate each other as much as others hate them none of this sort of carnage would occur in the first place.

Iran and Iraq have been at each other's throats for a long time.

Ur a joke. If Muslims quarrel each other wat has tat got to do with u? Nothing to do with xtian US. They just fond of killing the innocents fm time immemorial.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the result of Made in America.

With a population of 350 million, death of 20 means nothing. If 1 million get killed, then that should be news.

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the West, headed by US, have been invading Muslim countries killing innocents by the million, past 20 to 30 years. Are they not terrorists as well?

Fyi, ISIS or Al queda are products of CIA and Mossad. Supporters of IS a very small faction of 1.6 billion Muslims. 99.9% Muslims dont support IS or terrorism.

Everyone conquered everyone if given the chance. The weak will always be bullied - this is a fact of life. The Ottoman ruled the Muslim world with an Iron fist before it collapsed.

Even if the West had or still invading Muslim countries - so be it. Blame yourself for being weak. This is fact of life.

IQ and Race

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the result of Made in America.

With a population of 350 million, death of 20 means nothing. If 1 million get killed, then that should be news.

"he death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic " Stalin.

Maybe Trump could say this.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just an addition :

long before Islam entrenched itself in the Middle East, the Middle Easterners were already hating/killing each other. Long after Islam leaves, they will still do the same. For a few reasons, that part of the world is a breeding ground for contention, hatred and violence. The unfortunate thing is that Islam co-evolved in that region and took on the characteristics of the people and tribes of that region and become riddled with the biases of the Middle Easterners. Christianity with very similar roots expanded north and west instead and co-evolved with the Europeans and took on their biases to become Christianity as it is today.

The root religion from which both are derived from, Judaism, is fairly unchanged from its origin as a belief system of contentious nomads who were ex-slaves and therefore has its persecution complex fairly intact to this day.

In short, you are right, but largely because Islam has been so successfully adopted and co-opted in that region. Religion and people influence each other.

What happened in the ME had nothing to do with Islam. Maybe u can show me verses that Allah encourage Arabs to fight against each other?:smile: Example Saud and Iran or Iraq and Iran. All pure politics, greed and power. They have been warned in the Quran. Just like the Jews been warned in the Quran. Yet the latter transgressed.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened in the ME had nothing to do with Islam. Maybe u can show me verses that Allah encourage Arabs to fight against each other?:smile: Example Saud and Iran or Iraq and Iran. All pure politics, greed and power. They have been warned in the Quran. Just like the Jews been warned in the Quran. Yet the latter transgressed.
I don't read heavy stuff too much, so I don't know any verses for or against. All I know is how people I meet behave. I've also come to believe that religion and people influence each other. I'm talking largely about the history of the Middle East and also the history of religion and how it came to be. A lot of the Middle Easterners I met are very different from the people of South East Asia. Almost total opposite. I think it's because they live in a harsh desert, whereas we live in a lush tropical environment. Both will give rise to very different people.

As for the history of religion. It all started from Judaism. For Christians and Muslims, their faiths are totally derived from Judaism . They then started changing according to fit the requirements of the people who lived in those areas. I think it might interest you to know that the originally the Jews or their ancestor tribes were polytheistic. They believed in many gods. At some point, the proto-Jews transitioned into worshipping a single god. El. In Hebrew, it is known as Elah. Translated into Arabic, it is Allah. This is a picture of a statue of the supreme god of the ancient Canaanites, Elah in Hebrew and Allah in Arabic.

1564989787913.png

The transition of the proto-Jewish tribes belief from polytheism to worshipping Elah/Allah alone is unknown to me, but I think it's a few hundred years BCE. It is worth noting that at the beginning there were two chief gods, El and Asherah and whole bunch of lesser gods. It is also worthy to note that these were usually derived from Egyptian or Mesopotamian gods. In short, it is a sure bet that Elah/Allah did not exist even in the imagination some 5000 years ago when humans had already begun farming for thousands of years already.

One very interesting feature was that a lot of the gods were associated with certain things or places. For example, Baal was the god of thunder. (Like Thor!), So what would happen was one city would worship Baal and another city would worship Astaroth goddess(!) of war. People familiar with reading fantasy books will recognize these two names as names commonly associated with demons. What actually happend was when the cities went to war, they literally demonized the followers of the other cities and their god. And somehow it stuck around to this day.

Here's a picture of a statue of Baal :

1564990680198.png

and Astaroth :

1564990714027.png

These ended up looking like this after lots of fanciful stories told by the winners who followers of another god :

1564990795193.png
and
1564990824816.png

all because their followers and cities were the losers of war.

I hope you find this interesting! :smile:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
US should have NS, then all the boys can shoot as much as they can in firing ranges but never bring the weapon home!