• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

[USA] - Lone gunman with assault rifle shoots dead 20 people and seriously injures another 26 people at Texas Walmart

More than 30 THOUSAND people die annually from road accidents so it is pretty obvious that cars are far more deadly than guns. TWO THOUSAND of those killed are innocent children.

This is why I encourage the use of PMDs instead of cars wherever and whenever possible. PMDs are small, light and maneuverable and their widespread use will make the streets of any city far safer.

Cars don't kill people...people kill people.

nightsafari

Guns don't kill people...people kill people.
Yeah, DMX famously said that in Jet Li's movie "Romeo Must Die".

In real life, the young chiobu Aaliyah who acted as the Juliet to Romeo (Singaporean) Jet Li, tragically died in a plane crash shortly after the movie finished filming.

On the other hand...

I'm sorry, but that oft quoted line people kill people is utterly wrong.

Put a banana in the hand of a killer out to murder someone and see whether you can say bananas dont kill people, people kill people after he goes on a banana smashing rampage where someone gets killed by a banana skin. you can't because if he's only using the banana nobody will die. how does that stupid statement suddenly become of prime importance when he kills people with a gun?

that's for the pure logic of that statement, I could go longer about how guns enable a aura of invulnerability for a bearer, how the sole purpose of a gun is to kill or maim and a whole bunch of other things but I won't.

UltimaOnline

Put a banana in the hand of a killer out to murder someone and see whether you can say bananas dont kill people, people kill people after he goes on a banana smashing rampage where someone gets killed by a banana skin. you can't because if he's only using the banana nobody will die. how does that stupid statement suddenly become of prime importance when he kills people with a gun?

that's for the pure logic of that statement, I could go longer about how guns enable a aura of invulnerability for a bearer, how the sole purpose of a gun is to kill or maim and a whole bunch of other things but I won't.

That's what my 3rd embedded video (in the post you replied to) was about : "Debunking the 'Guns don't kill people, People kill people' false statement" :

I mostly agree with you. But in a way, the oft quoted line is true to some degree. Guns don't kill people by themselves. They just make it much easier for people to kill people. Given the "right" motivation, a person can even kill with a pencil. John Wick did it.:biggrin:

nightsafari

I mostly agree with you. But in a way, the oft quoted line is true to some degree. Guns don't kill people by themselves. They just make it much easier for people to kill people. Given the "right" motivation, a person can even kill with a pencil. John Wick did it.:biggrin:
and that ease of killing is a huge part of it.

take away the gun and you have to go and hantam the samseng with a knife with your parang. makes you think twice.

if he's not looking you can nail him with a gun from behind. killing is made too convenient. consequences aside, it's probably harder to order a pizza by phone than pulling a trigger on someone.

of course it doesn't matter to you because your are john glockman, but the rest of us are not...:smile:

and that ease of killing is a huge part of it.

take away the gun and you have to go and hantam the samseng with a knife with your parang. makes you think twice.

if he's not looking you can nail him with a gun from behind. killing is made too convenient. consequences aside, it's probably harder to order a pizza by phone than pulling a trigger on someone.

of course it doesn't matter to you because your are john glockman, but the rest of us are not...:smile:
Ya lah! So technically, I think we will agree that people kill people and guns don't kill people. The major issue is that guns, being a weapon of mass destruction and so easy to operate, make it so much easier to kill people. Tio boh? I am sure if sinkies can own guns and have them on their person, so many dumb drivers, PMD riders, ceca ah nehs,rude PRCs and AMDK bullies would be dead by now.:barefoot::biggrin:

If you read the the article you quoted plus other articles on the same subject you'll see that the majority of deaths were caused by Muslims killing each other.

Tats cos US is arming the resistance or opposing forces lah. Alamak tat one also need to ustand issit? If US n western allies did not invade those countries they will also try ways n means to destabilise those Muslim countries. So i am right to say US had taken innocent lives. If u read the report again is close to a million casualities! All these invasion had killed n displaced million n million of lives. I have not include statistics fm Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iran etc etc

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49224816

Nine people have been killed and at least 16 injured in a mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio, police have confirmed.
First reports came in at about 01:00 local time (05:00 GMT) of a shooting outside a bar in the Oregon district of the city.
Police confirmed they killed the shooter at the scene. Casualties have been taken to a number of hospitals.
The incident came only hours after a mass shooting in El Paso, Texas which left at least 20 people dead.
"We had officers in the immediate vicinity when this shooting began and were able to respond and put an end to it quickly," Dayton Police Department wrote in a tweet. The authorities have appealed for witnesses.
Skip Twitter post by @DaytonPolice
#OregonDistrict #update Lt. Col. Carper: at 1:22am active shooter situation began in oregon district. The shooter is deceased. There are 9 others also deceased. At least 16 others went to area hospitals with injuries.
— Dayton Police Dept. (@DaytonPolice) August 4, 2019

End of Twitter post by @DaytonPolice

Assistant Police Chief Matt Carper told reporters that officers on patrol managed to take down the shooter.
"Our people are very well trained for a situation like this," he said, adding it was "very fortunate that the officers were in close proximity".
Nothing is yet known about him, but Officer Carper said they were "anxious to discover" a motivation.
What happened in Dayton?
Footage posted on social media showed people running as dozens of gunshots echoed through the streets.
It is thought the shooting took place outside Ned Peppers Bar on E 5th Street. A note saying staff members were safe appeared on Ned Peppers Instagram page and on the nearby Hole in the Wall bar's Facebook page.
Jae Williams told the BBC he was at a nearby rap performance when they were told to evacuate.
"I was very shocked," he said. "We all evacuated quickly and safely. We were told to avoid the Oregon district."
"I got to my car, I could see cops, multiple ambulances. When I drove past I saw a lot of cops and ambulances."
Emergency services gathered at the corner of E 5th Street and Wayne Avenue in the wake of the shooting.
FBI agents are also at the scene to help in the investigation.

They'll keep saying "I have the right to bear arms!" until there's no one left, except maybe Trump.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49224816

Nine people have been killed and at least 16 injured in a mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio, police have confirmed.
First reports came in at about 01:00 local time (05:00 GMT) of a shooting outside a bar in the Oregon district of the city.
Police confirmed they killed the shooter at the scene. Casualties have been taken to a number of hospitals.
The incident came only hours after a mass shooting in El Paso, Texas which left at least 20 people dead.
"We had officers in the immediate vicinity when this shooting began and were able to respond and put an end to it quickly," Dayton Police Department wrote in a tweet. The authorities have appealed for witnesses.
Skip Twitter post by @DaytonPolice
#OregonDistrict #update Lt. Col. Carper: at 1:22am active shooter situation began in oregon district. The shooter is deceased. There are 9 others also deceased. At least 16 others went to area hospitals with injuries.
— Dayton Police Dept. (@DaytonPolice) August 4, 2019

End of Twitter post by @DaytonPolice

Assistant Police Chief Matt Carper told reporters that officers on patrol managed to take down the shooter.
"Our people are very well trained for a situation like this," he said, adding it was "very fortunate that the officers were in close proximity".
Nothing is yet known about him, but Officer Carper said they were "anxious to discover" a motivation.
What happened in Dayton?
Footage posted on social media showed people running as dozens of gunshots echoed through the streets.
It is thought the shooting took place outside Ned Peppers Bar on E 5th Street. A note saying staff members were safe appeared on Ned Peppers Instagram page and on the nearby Hole in the Wall bar's Facebook page.
Jae Williams told the BBC he was at a nearby rap performance when they were told to evacuate.
"I was very shocked," he said. "We all evacuated quickly and safely. We were told to avoid the Oregon district."
"I got to my car, I could see cops, multiple ambulances. When I drove past I saw a lot of cops and ambulances."
Emergency services gathered at the corner of E 5th Street and Wayne Avenue in the wake of the shooting.
FBI agents are also at the scene to help in the investigation.

They'll keep saying "I have the right to bear arms!" until there's no one left, except maybe Trump.

If done by White xtian...is either hes mentality unstable or hate crime. Not terrorist act...

Ya lah! So technically, I think we will agree that people kill people and guns don't kill people. The major issue is that guns, being a weapon of mass destruction and so easy to operate, make it so much easier to kill people. Tio boh? I am sure if sinkies can own guns and have them on their person, so many dumb drivers, PMD riders, ceca ah nehs,rude PRCs and AMDK bullies would be dead by now.:barefoot::biggrin:
Please don't hurt any chiobu. :biggrin:

Tats cos US is arming the resistance or opposing forces lah. Alamak tat one also need to ustand issit? If US n western allies did not invade those countries they will also try ways n means to destabilise those Muslim countries. So i am right to say US had taken innocent lives. If u read the report again is close to a million casualities! All these invasion had killed n displaced million n million of lives. I have not include statistics fm Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iran etc etc

If Muslims did not hate each other as much as others hate them none of this sort of carnage would occur in the first place.

Iran and Iraq have been at each other's throats for a long time.

nightsafari

Ya lah! You are the tio. But that would be a lot of blood on everybody's hands. The problem here is that a lot of people reading that statement guns don't kill people automatically make a cognitive jump that guns are safe, not an issue and that gun ownership should be derestricted.

flipping my position around, I can say that showers also kill people so why don't we ban showers? makes people who want to ban guns sound ridiculous no?

Long short is that black and white judgments rarely possible in the real world, some arguments can be very misleading and that guns whose sole and singular purpose is to kill/maim should not be passed around like candy. everything else has a different primary purpose.