• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

US States Renamed For Countries With Similar GDPs

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
350816052_0a392a0d28_o1.jpg

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China and India missing.

Are they too big or too small to be put onto this map?

India's economy smaller than California's...............................

just goes to show the power of the USA............................

how can the world survive when USA go into depression................................impossible

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GOD IS MY DOG said:
India's economy smaller than California's...............................

just goes to show the power of the USA............................

how can the world survive when USA go into depression................................impossible

Sorry. I have to blow your grand argument. Both China and India, as well as Germany and Japan, have economies larger than any of the States. India's economy is 50% larger than France and California.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry. I have to blow your grand argument. Both China and India, as well as Germany and Japan, have economies larger than any of the States. India's economy is 50% larger than France and California.

brudder..................if California were a country...................it'll be in the top 10 economies in the world...................no. 7 or 8...........

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha. Not the first time GOD IS MY DOG spreads misinformation. :smile:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haha. Not the first time GOD IS MY DOG spreads misinformation. :smile:

brudder.................i read it several times in different articles lah....................

i was SHOCKED too when i read that California has bigger economy than India and Canada................

but California has over 10% of US population and so many big companies and rich people stay there mah.............

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GOD IS MY DOG said:
brudder..................if California were a country...................it'll be in the top 10 economies in the world...................no. 7 or 8...........

You are probably correct. Maybe even 6 if they are larger than France.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No way can California economy be bigger than France, but if independent, California should rank about 8th in the world, just below Canada and just above Australia.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No way can California economy be bigger than France, but if independent, California should rank about 8th in the world, just below Canada and just above Australia.

california used to be 8th, but now ranks 9th in the world, just below italy and above india, if nominal gdp is used. cal's nominal gsp (or gdp if it is a country) is 1.9 trillion. italy's and brazil's nominal gdp are around 2 trillion and india's is around 1.7 trillion. france's is around 2.5 trillion and canada's is around 1.57. canada's economy ranks 10th, just behind india's.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
california used to be 8th, but now ranks 9th in the world, just below italy and above india, if nominal gdp is used. cal's nominal gsp (or gdp if it is a country) is 1.9 trillion. italy's and brazil's nominal gdp are around 2 trillion and india's is around 1.7 trillion. france's is around 2.5 trillion and canada's is around 1.57. canada's economy ranks 10th, just behind india's.

There we have it. From the mouth of the horse now residing in California. :wink:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eatshitndie said:

Nowadays they use GDP on a PPP basis. Then India is 3 trillion, France closer to 2 trillion.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ramseth said:
PPP is not a good measure since it doesn't take into consideration the luxury factor, only the utility factor.

With respect to the US map, I believe they have used this measure of GDP as the top 6 economies measured in PPP are all excluded from the map. In addition to US, Germany, China, Japan and India, please add UK.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China, Japan and German too big for US in any state.
California if independent will be top 10 economy in GDP. may be richer if they dont cut the defend budget by half. No need pay tax to federal which full of useless politician.