• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unusal strong wind

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Notice from this year onwards, strong wind blows everywhere in SG.

This is unusal since the past years.

Anyone has any idea if this is just a change of climate or some kind of sign?

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Notice from this year onwards, strong wind blows everywhere in SG.

This is unusal since the past years.

Anyone has any idea if this is just a change of climate or some kind of sign?

Monsoon winds are just like land and sea breezes caused by differential
heating during summer and winter, except that they are on a large continental scale instead of just being to the coastal regions. They are most prevalent in countries in Asia especially the sub- continents of India, China, Japan and Southeast Asia.

During summer in the Northern Hemisphere the interior Asia is much hotter the sea around. Rapid heating induces the warm air to rise, creating intense low pressure. At the same time in the Southern Hemisphere, which is, experiencing winter, the low temperatures and cool air creates a region of high pressure. Winds are thus sucked across the equator into the Indian Ocean and hen the Indian sub-continent, bringing heavy rain in the form of the South-West Monsoon.

The converse
takes place in the winter. The interior of Asia in the Northern Hemisphere is much colder than the sea around it. Rapid cooling and denser air create a region of high pressure. Meanwhile in the Southern Hemisphere it is summer and the warm air rises creating a region of low pressure. Winds thus blow out of the continent of Asia into the Indian Ocean as the North-East Monsoon

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081114072543AAGtpGx

The only change I've noticed is that it's no longer cool in the months of November to January and that could be attributed to the concrete jungle that is our habitat rather than global warming!

Dounut

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only know I can no longer control how wide I want to open my windows after being forced to change to new windows by Garment LAW years back, as there is no "stopper" on the window, thus it's always SMASH closed by the wind.

How can the windows don't drop after some times like that?
:mad:

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only know I can no longer control how wide I want to open my windows after being forced to change to new windows by Garment LAW years back, as there is no "stopper" on the window, thus it's always SMASH closed by the wind.

you can always add your own stopper wat...

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I love windy, it is very refreshing especially during dawn and night time. It helps to sweep off all the odour coming from foreigners and bring back the old freshness to this city.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the past one week wind in very strong in all part/area in the Singapore island. Never have a wind blow so strong for few day none stop. At night the wind is quite cold.

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal

You could simply jam it with a piece of cloth to hold it in place... do you need the government to tell you that?

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
could it be that christian jesus ate too much onions and release his farts?

jesus_christ.jpg

"Oops.. 臭屁不响, 响屁不臭, at least the wind not smelly one hor. Hei hei hei hei.. "

jw5

Loyal
Damned, it messed up my hair, have to put
extra strong gel.
You're lucky you're not wearing a hair piece.
It could fly off.
But the winds are really cooling, just have to be careful of your things flying away. :smile: