• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Katy Kung and Joey Law’s “Hong Kong Love Stories” to Air on December 7​

1621174717449.png

With the fourth wave of COVID-19 infections taking over Hong Kong, many have returned to their previous lifestyle of gathering restrictions and remote work from home to avoid further spread. With the past three waves, television ratings peaked due to the large number of people staying home. Forensic Heroes 4 <法证先锋IV>, which aired in February, broke rating records and became the highest-rated drama in seven years. In a move to capitalize on the increased number of potential viewers, TVB announced it will add Hong Kong Love Stories <香港愛情故事> to its fourth drama line-up starting on December 7.

Stories consist of 12 episodes and follow the lives of the Chan family and the love relationships of each family member, touching on the different values among the different generations.

The trailer features a steamy scene between Katy and Joey in a love motel. They are forced to find different temporary spaces for intimacy due to the high housing prices in Hong Kong. Many viewers will resonate with Katy’s character, who still lives with her family and is unable to have privacy with her boyfriend. Excited that Hong Kong Love Stories will air, Katy is eager for viewers to see a different side of her after her earlier assassin role in Death by Zero <殺手>.

Even though Hong Kong Love Stories was moved up from its original 2021 release, producer Lincoln Lam (林肯) indicated that the editing is already complete, and they are just waiting to send it to different streaming platforms.

Starting next week, TVB will be airing an unprecedented four dramas in one evening. It will start with Come Home Love: Lo and Behold <愛.回家之開心速遞> at 8 p.m., followed by Line Walker: Bull Fight <使徒行者3 > at 8:30 p.m., Legal Mavericks 2 <踩過界II > at 9:30 p.m., and Hong Kong Love Stories at 10:30 p.m. As the drama will be broadcast until 11:30 p.m., TVB’s evening news which airs every night at 11 p.m. will be delayed by half an hour.

Competing for local viewership is competitor ViuTV, which will be airing its popular talent competition King Maker III <全民造星III > during the 10:30 to 11:30 p.m. time slot. In the past, the ratings of King Maker tend to climb higher as it approaches its finale. Last year’s show received a high of 3.6 points–the ratings may climb even more this year as everyone is home during the pandemic.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Katy Kung and Joey Law’s “Hong Kong Love Stories” to Air on December 7​

View attachment 110978

With the fourth wave of COVID-19 infections taking over Hong Kong, many have returned to their previous lifestyle of gathering restrictions and remote work from home to avoid further spread. With the past three waves, television ratings peaked due to the large number of people staying home. Forensic Heroes 4 <法证先锋IV>, which aired in February, broke rating records and became the highest-rated drama in seven years. In a move to capitalize on the increased number of potential viewers, TVB announced it will add Hong Kong Love Stories <香港愛情故事> to its fourth drama line-up starting on December 7.

Stories consist of 12 episodes and follow the lives of the Chan family and the love relationships of each family member, touching on the different values among the different generations.

The trailer features a steamy scene between Katy and Joey in a love motel. They are forced to find different temporary spaces for intimacy due to the high housing prices in Hong Kong. Many viewers will resonate with Katy’s character, who still lives with her family and is unable to have privacy with her boyfriend. Excited that Hong Kong Love Stories will air, Katy is eager for viewers to see a different side of her after her earlier assassin role in Death by Zero <殺手>.

Even though Hong Kong Love Stories was moved up from its original 2021 release, producer Lincoln Lam (林肯) indicated that the editing is already complete, and they are just waiting to send it to different streaming platforms.

Starting next week, TVB will be airing an unprecedented four dramas in one evening. It will start with Come Home Love: Lo and Behold <愛.回家之開心速遞> at 8 p.m., followed by Line Walker: Bull Fight <使徒行者3 > at 8:30 p.m., Legal Mavericks 2 <踩過界II > at 9:30 p.m., and Hong Kong Love Stories at 10:30 p.m. As the drama will be broadcast until 11:30 p.m., TVB’s evening news which airs every night at 11 p.m. will be delayed by half an hour.

Competing for local viewership is competitor ViuTV, which will be airing its popular talent competition King Maker III <全民造星III > during the 10:30 to 11:30 p.m. time slot. In the past, the ratings of King Maker tend to climb higher as it approaches its finale. Last year’s show received a high of 3.6 points–the ratings may climb even more this year as everyone is home during the pandemic.

Anyone has video of the "steamy scene"? :geek:

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Steamy Scenes Made Katy Kung and Joey Law Grow Closer​

1621181284090.png

Starring in Hong Kong Love Stories <香港愛情故事>, Katy Kung (龔嘉欣) and Joey Law‘s (羅天宇) bed scenes are generating buzz for the upcoming drama, which will air on TVB on December 7. Due to the 10:30 p.m. airing slot, the drama is meant for mature audiences.

With the story revolving around the skyrocketing housing market in Hong Kong, Katy and Joey portray a couple who still live at home with their family and are having difficulty finding private space for intimate moments. The couple resort to checking in at hourly love motels, resulting in many rushed moments together.

Praising the script for its genuineness, Joey identifies with his character as he is also working hard towards home ownership. “The script brought out a lot of emotions. I also hope to have a place I can call home, and be able to buy a place to live with my family. I believe many young people are working towards this goal as well.”

The 12-episode drama is dominated by many intimate scenes between Kay and Joey’s characters. Katy exclaimed that Hong Kong Love Stories is her most risqué performance to-date. “I’ve never filmed bed scenes before. Usually they are pretty mild and just involve kissing. Filming these scenes was extremely awkward, but I put aside my feelings and risked everything! We’re at the limits of what can be broadcast on television. When the cameras stopped rolling, I would joke and ask everyone what exactly are we filming?”

Joey laughed and indicated that their intimate scenes helped them quickly become close with each another. “I was not too familiar with Katy at the time, but by the second day of work we had already filmed two intimate scenes! I don’t know if the crew deliberately arranged these intimate scenes first so we could get to know each other faster.”

Since the drama was filmed at hourly hotels and capsule hotels in Hong Kong, which Joey had never visited in person before, he felt it was an eye-opening experience. As these spaces were very tight, he was very sweaty when filming the bed scenes with Katy, “It was very hot and stuffy. Our skin was very sticky and uncomfortable when we were touching.”

On the other hand, Katy joked good-naturedly, “I’m very happy to be able to film bed scenes with a Mr. Hong Kong–I feel so lucky!”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

“Hong Kong Love Stories”: Joey Law Has Matured​

1621253677431.png

In a last minute decision, TVB decided to air new drama Hong Kong Love Stories <香港愛情故事> in the weekday 10:30 p.m. timeslot to compete with ViuTV’s popular reality competition show King Maker III <全民造星II >. Hong Kong Love Stories has a total of 12 episodes that are one hour each. After its first week of broadcast, the drama received good feedback for its realistic plot and the featured relationship arcs resonated with many.

The story focuses on the Chan family and their relationship problems. The eldest son of the family is Joey Law (羅天宇), who decides to get married with Katy Kung (龔嘉欣). The couple has trouble finding affordable housing and continues living at home, while sneaking off to love motels for intimate moments. Though owning a house is a dream for many Hong Kongers, the drama explores the question of whether having a house equals happiness. Jason Piao (白彪) and Mimi Kung (龔慈恩) portray parents, in which Jason’s character possesses a very traditional, patriarchal mindset. After retirement, Jason spends a majority of his time at home and continuous conflicts arise until Mimi cannot take it anymore. New actor Kayan Yau (游嘉欣) plays their youngest daughter, and experiences her first love in university though it is not what she had imagined at all.

Hong Kong Love Stories is the debut production of Lincoln Lam (林肯) since being promoted to producer. Lincoln first came up with the idea for the drama when TVB production assistant manager Felix To (杜之克), asked the staff to try new things that were different from previous dramas. The drama’s story is similar to everyday local happenings and the love stories across different generations bring up the various challenges. One challenge that is a constant faced by the major characters is the lack of affordable housing in Hong Kong. Many are unable to find suitable housing due to the high costs.

Regarding the casting choices for Hong Kong Love Stories, Lincoln selected Joey Law (羅天宇) and Katy Kung (龔嘉欣) as leads. Since 2011 when he was working as a production assistant, Lincoln has already known Joey as a newcomer in Lives of Omission <潜行狙击>. Seeing Joey’s acting mature in Life on the Line <跳躍生命線>, Lincoln is confident in the actor’s abilities. As for Katy, Lincoln has always known that she is a good actress and feels she is compatible with Joey.

As this is his first drama in the role of producer, Lincoln definitely feels the pressure. He hopes that everyone will be able to see the cast and crew’s hard efforts, and welcomes feedback as there is only improvement if there is discussion.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Katy Kung and Joey Law Want Sequel to “Hong Kong Love Stories”​

1621315271518.png

Joey Law (羅天宇) and Katy Kung (龔嘉欣) shared their thoughts on the success of the currently airing Hong Kong Love Stories <香港愛情故事> at yesterday’s promotional event for the drama. The two leads expressed their dismay at the positive response and supported the idea of a second season to the series.

Katy exclaimed, “I really want [there to be a sequel]! The whole team filmed together very happily.”

However, she said she hopes there will be zero bed scenes because she’s afraid of intimate scenes. She joked, “I saw everything already, so I’m bored. I don’t want Joey anymore! I’m just kidding. Actually, I know he took to heart that the role of the male protagonist didn’t belong to him at first, but I think the casting was right, so the second season must have him too!”

Joey admitted that he only found out that he wasn’t the first choice for the role a few days ago. He added that he has no idea who the original actor was supposed to be, but he didn’t overthink it, as he did his best to play the role. As such, he is in the running for three awards – Best Actor, Most Improved Actor, and Favorite Male Character – at next month’s TVB Anniversary Awards. Joey frankly expressed that it feels like a dream.

“I don’t dare to think too much, but it is an affirmation for myself,” Joey shared. “My mom sends the [voting] link to people daily, telling them to click my name.”

Meanwhile, Katy also has several nominations for multiple dramas.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Katy Kung and Joey Law Want Sequel to “Hong Kong Love Stories”​

View attachment 111102

Joey Law (羅天宇) and Katy Kung (龔嘉欣) shared their thoughts on the success of the currently airing Hong Kong Love Stories <香港愛情故事> at yesterday’s promotional event for the drama. The two leads expressed their dismay at the positive response and supported the idea of a second season to the series.

Katy exclaimed, “I really want [there to be a sequel]! The whole team filmed together very happily.”

However, she said she hopes there will be zero bed scenes because she’s afraid of intimate scenes. She joked, “I saw everything already, so I’m bored. I don’t want Joey anymore! I’m just kidding. Actually, I know he took to heart that the role of the male protagonist didn’t belong to him at first, but I think the casting was right, so the second season must have him too!”

Joey admitted that he only found out that he wasn’t the first choice for the role a few days ago. He added that he has no idea who the original actor was supposed to be, but he didn’t overthink it, as he did his best to play the role. As such, he is in the running for three awards – Best Actor, Most Improved Actor, and Favorite Male Character – at next month’s TVB Anniversary Awards. Joey frankly expressed that it feels like a dream.

“I don’t dare to think too much, but it is an affirmation for myself,” Joey shared. “My mom sends the [voting] link to people daily, telling them to click my name.”

Meanwhile, Katy also has several nominations for multiple dramas.
KNN joey has a hawk face KNN my uncle confirmed you are a bird lover :eek::biggrin::cool: KNN

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

TVB Announces Two More Seasons of “Hong Kong Love Stories”​

1621355260329.png

Starring Katy Kung (龔嘉欣) and Joey Law (羅天宇), TVB drama Hong Kong Love Stories <香港愛情故事> was praised for its realistic and relatable plot that focused on challenges in finding affordable housing in the city. As the drama ended with positive reviews, TVB has begun planning for two more seasons with the original cast and will once again touch on current societal issues faced by young adults.

The second season centers around the global economic downturn as a result of the pandemic, and the resulting high employment rate. The characters are struggling with their living expenses, yet the problem is exacerbated by the challenges in finding employment. The sequel will explore the length that the characters will go to achieve their financial goals.

While few details have been announced for the third season, it is expected that it will deal with nutrition and health issues.

Reactions from Katy and Joey

Returning as the female lead, Katy is thrilled for the sequel, “As an actress, I am very happy to see the success of the first season. I have a lot of trust for the cast, director, and the company’s production team. I am looking forward [to the second season].”

In 2020, Katy appeared in four popular dramas including The Dripping Sauce <大醬園>, Death by Zero <殺手>, Hong Kong Love Stories, and The Offliners <堅離地愛堅離地>. asked if she is hoping to win this year’s TVB Queen title, the actress replied, “I am already happy that four of my dramas went on air. I am satisfied that viewers liked my characters and have higher expectations for me. I must do better next year!”

Joey is equally excited for the second season and shared, “I can’t wait to read the script, and see how the characters’ relationships and careers will develop. If I am filming, I will do more preparation and hope to do even better. I don’t want to disappoint the audience.”

Hong Kong Love Stories producer Lincoln Lam (林肯) is currently working on another project, but shared his thoughts on the trilogy, “We haven’t talked about the details. I am happy with the audiences’ positive feedback. I hope that the series’ future themes will also be well-received.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

TVB Announces Two More Seasons of “Hong Kong Love Stories”​

View attachment 111188

Starring Katy Kung (龔嘉欣) and Joey Law (羅天宇), TVB drama Hong Kong Love Stories <香港愛情故事> was praised for its realistic and relatable plot that focused on challenges in finding affordable housing in the city. As the drama ended with positive reviews, TVB has begun planning for two more seasons with the original cast and will once again touch on current societal issues faced by young adults.

The second season centers around the global economic downturn as a result of the pandemic, and the resulting high employment rate. The characters are struggling with their living expenses, yet the problem is exacerbated by the challenges in finding employment. The sequel will explore the length that the characters will go to achieve their financial goals.

While few details have been announced for the third season, it is expected that it will deal with nutrition and health issues.

Reactions from Katy and Joey

Returning as the female lead, Katy is thrilled for the sequel, “As an actress, I am very happy to see the success of the first season. I have a lot of trust for the cast, director, and the company’s production team. I am looking forward [to the second season].”

In 2020, Katy appeared in four popular dramas including The Dripping Sauce <大醬園>, Death by Zero <殺手>, Hong Kong Love Stories, and The Offliners <堅離地愛堅離地>. asked if she is hoping to win this year’s TVB Queen title, the actress replied, “I am already happy that four of my dramas went on air. I am satisfied that viewers liked my characters and have higher expectations for me. I must do better next year!”

Joey is equally excited for the second season and shared, “I can’t wait to read the script, and see how the characters’ relationships and careers will develop. If I am filming, I will do more preparation and hope to do even better. I don’t want to disappoint the audience.”

Hong Kong Love Stories producer Lincoln Lam (林肯) is currently working on another project, but shared his thoughts on the trilogy, “We haven’t talked about the details. I am happy with the audiences’ positive feedback. I hope that the series’ future themes will also be well-received.”

Looking forward to watching on eLe channel. :thumbsup:

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Joey Law Spills Details About “Hong Kong Love Stories” Season 2​

With the success of Hong Kong Love Stories <香港愛情故事>, TVB is planning on turning the series into a trilogy and will start filming the second season this year. Speaking about the second season, Joey Law (羅天宇) expressed his nervousness, “Everyone has expectations now that the first season was so well accepted! Now, I’m even more nervous, and the pressure is even greater.”

It is said that the second season will focus on unemployment brought upon by the pandemic, while the third season will focus on the food industry. Joey shared the details he already knows, “I’m not sure what phase of the pandemic the show will center upon. Although I have never been unemployed, I experienced a low point in my career. I hope to be able to try different jobs in the second season–I am okay with delivering takeout too!”

Asked if he will continue to have scenes where he can show off his muscles, Joey said he will be ready as he has many shirtless scenes in the upcoming remake of Return of the Cuckoo <十月初五的月光> as well. “I’m currently trying intermittent fasting for 18 hours at a time. I mostly eat vegetables or protein and have cut out carbs.”

The new year is already off to a busy start for Joey. Currently filming for TVB’s The Gatekeepers <把關者們> which is about the Customs and Excise department, Joey will start filming for Return of the Cuckoo 2021 in mid-January. He is uncertain when filming for the new season of Hong Kong Love Stories will start, as producer Lincoln Lam (林肯) is currently busy with another drama.