• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Samantha Ko is in Hot Demand in China

1619882868032.png

In TVB for over 12 years, Samantha Ko (高海寧) appeared in four dramas last year but has yet to win Best Actress. However, her attention-grabbing role in Nothing But Thirty <三十而已> made Samantha an overnight sensation in China, and the 34-year-old has received endless jobs.

Besides endorsing sponsorships and attending various variety programs, Samantha starred in her first Mainland movie, Tan Tan Caused My Breakup <Tan Tan害我分了手> as the female lead. During this time, Samantha also started live-selling on social media with Vincent Wong (王浩信) in China and made seven-figure earnings.

One of the motivations behind Samantha’s intent career focus was her breakup with musician Tang Chi Wai (鄧智偉) last year. Ending their relationship after five years due rumors that Tang Chi Wai had cheated, Samantha is now focusing all her time on working and filming in China to aggressively chase promising opportunities.

With her increased income, Samantha has her eyes set on investing in more luxurious properties. The actress already purchased a home valued at $5.26 million Hong Kong dollars several years ago.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Katy Kung, Ali Lee, and Samantha Ko Share Their Bedroom Experiences

1619969280221.png

Conversations took an intimate turn in an earlier episode of talk show Tiger’s Talk when Katy Kung (龔嘉欣), Ali Lee (李佳芯), Samantha Ko (高海寧), and Elena Kong (江美儀) appeared as guests to share their bedroom experiences.

As the show airs on TVB’s digital channel J2 instead of its free-to-air channel Jade, hosts Christine Ng (伍詠薇) and Bob Lam (林盛斌) did not hold back from their questions and left the guests somewhat embarrassed and flabbergasted.

The episode started with a discussion of the actresses’ past relationship woes before delving into how the women keep the sparks in their relationships. Christine pointed out that physical intimacy is an important part of a relationship, and revealed that she prefers different positions as she has gotten older.

Katie revealed that one of her past relationships ended when she discovered that her ex-boyfriend cheated on her. She also shared her insecurities of not being feminine enough. When Christine asked if Katy likes to accommodate her partner including in the bedroom, Katy replied, “Men like new and exciting things. I try to accommodate my other half and learn a little from my friends’ experiences. I will learn. Even if I were a married woman who has been married for a while, I would still want to learn.”

When Bob asked Samantha if she would similarly accommodate her other half, Samantha replied, “Depends on my mood. See if I am tired after filming for the day.” While seemingly avoiding the topic, Samantha agreed with Christine that Chinese woman find it a taboo to talk about intimacy and said, “You can talk about anything in private, but not if it’s in front of the camera.”

As the attention turned to Ali, the hosts put the actress on the spot when they asked if her relationship with her boyfriend Danny Chan is passionate. Ali turned red and replied, “No. I want my relationship with my other half to be like friends. I want to go through the heart.” Hearing her answer, the hosts were quick to tease Ali’s relationship as a boring old couple.

Unlike the other three actresses, Elena was very open in sharing her intimate experience and revealed that her favorite location is in the bathroom. Elena shared, “In the bathroom while taking a shower. It’s great and there is no mess. You can take a shower too.” Elena’s frank answer surprised everyone in the room and left the other three guests speechless with laughter.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Owen Cheung and Samantha Ko Star in “Falling in Love with You in Childhood”

1620057316719.png

Currently being filmed, Falling in Love with You in Childhood <童時愛上你> stars Owen Cheung (張振朗) and Samantha Ko (高海寧). Taking on her most difficult role-to-date, Samantha will portray a management executive who has a concussion, and suffers amnesia while only retaining partial memories from her childhood.

Samantha’s character instantly reminds others of Roger Kwok’s (郭晉安) character, Ah Wong, in 2003’s Square Pegs <戇夫成龍>, who also suffers an injury limiting his intellect to that a child. But the actress immediately clarified, “No, from reading the script and story, the plot will not be going in that direction. This is the hardest role I have ever acted, because I have to imagine what it feels like to transition from 8 years old to 30 years old in a short period of time. It is really difficult to differentiate between the separate stages.”

Though Owen and Samantha had both starred in Al Cappuccino <反黑路人甲>, they had few scenes together. Looking forward to more sparks this time, Owen glanced over at Samantha who was wearing high heels and joked about his own height, “I haven’t figured out how to work with Samantha yet. We still need to work on our chemistry. I haven’t worked with such a tall co-star before aside from Kelly Cheung (張曦雯), and I know it can be hard work. But I was born this way, which restricted my [vertical] development.”

When the stars were asked to comment on the recent management shakeup caused by Eric Tsang‘s (曾志偉) return to TVB as head of programming and music production, Samantha and Owen said that they would wait for the company to organize these matters, and they will only focus on their work. Rumored to be one of Eric’s favorite artistes, Samantha was asked if she would guest star in more variety shows in the future. “I did participate a lot in the Super Trio <獎門人> episodes, but I also have other variety shows that I will be filming soon,” the actress said.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

“Falling in Love with You in Childhood” Comes to a Halt

1620132714768.png

Starring Samantha Ko (高海寧) and Owen Cheung (張振朗), new TVB drama Falling in Love with You in Childhood <童時愛上你> was only announced in February, but progress came to a sudden halt. As the problem script will see some significant changes, filming will be delayed until June.

It is said that this is because of Eric Tsang’s (曾志偉) arrival at TVB, the changes he implemented may have also affected the drama department. The script was reviewed by TVB management and they had requested a complete overhaul.

Producer Liu Chun Shek (廖晉碩) admitted that filming has indeed been delayed. “There are many reasons. One is that the script can be improved. Two is because of the pandemic. We cannot film at some of the locations until the gathering restrictions have been lifted.”

Despite the script revisions, there will not be changes to Samantha’s character, a rich businesswoman who suffers from an unfortunate accident that leaves her with the cognitive ability of an 8-year-old. “Portraying a character who has the intelligence of an 8-year-old is very challenging, which is why I requested cast table reads. This way, we are able to give suggestions or point out any problems. I know that Samantha is under a lot of pressure, but that is how acting skills are improved. I am confident in her abilities,” the producer commented.