• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TV & Radio Licence

tinyplanet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any bro so far have not register and pay for this licence ... I have not been paying for the pass 10 years since I got my own HDB flat. This afternoon, someone from them leave me a note asking me to pay "if I got TV set in my home" ... I rcv such notice previously but ignore ... till now so many years already ...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just reply no. Ask the HDB to disconnect antenna cable that connected to u home. Then u can use inhouse antenna.

44mm

Alfrescian
Loyal
They will do a spot check at your flat/house during school holidays. If you are caught you have to pay a pro-rated fee.

Ignore and you will fine by IRAS.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please pay or risk a hefty fine. YOu can run but you cannot hide. Better you pay one year or risk paying 10 years. Its your game.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please pay or risk a hefty fine. YOu can run but you cannot hide. Better you pay one year or risk paying 10 years. Its your game.

Malaysia Boleh, Malaysia have long forgotten about licence fee they just abort them, Ministers said TV station should be self sustain....can make money in many ways..so they do away with licence fee..Sickapoor still wants to collect Taxes...by MDA..!!

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I obediently paid my car's radio license
since the day i owned a car.
Until now no one spot check me??

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any bro so far have not register and pay for this licence ... I have not been paying for the pass 10 years since I got my own HDB flat. This afternoon, someone from them leave me a note asking me to pay "if I got TV set in my home" ... I rcv such notice previously but ignore ... till now so many years already ...

10 yrs yes, but cpf almost gone, they are very aggressive now.

they can fine you plus back pay 10 yrs. you die cock stand.

better pay up.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time, someone told me that as long as you have a TV set at home, you have to pay the license fees.

And I was asking aorund, I realized that all you need to do actually is to remove the TV point in your home. In that case, you still can get to keep the TV sets.

I did long time ago. :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last time, someone told me that as long as you have a TV set at home, you have to pay the license fees.

And I was asking aorund, I realized that all you need to do actually is to remove the TV point in your home. In that case, you still can get to keep the TV sets.

I did long time ago. :smile:

You mean the TV point installed by the government in all HDB flats, some years back?

Why do we have to pay TV licence anyway? to watch crappy TV serials, second hand or even third hand news?...and all propagandas???

:mad:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, if you really have no TV and you're watching TV shows which you streamed from online on your desktop PC, why bother to pay? Just make sure your window of the living room is open and opened wide enough to show people that you have no TV. If these chaps come, then show them you really have no TV in your living and bed rooms.

So far though, I don't pay no TV licence in Australia. Even if I own a TV over there, the ads on TV- which consumers all pay for it in one way or another- pay for the operations.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
1st world nation Spore is the only country that charges exorbitant TV licence fees yet play re-runs & crappy programmes. In between movies, there's a flurry of TV ads that causes much irritation & distractions to viewers.
Another question left unanswered by MDA - how come certain mobile phones with radio capability do not attract TV & radio licence fees?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1st world nation Spore is the only country that charges exorbitant TV licence fees yet play re-runs & crappy programmes. In between movies, there's a flurry of TV ads that causes much irritation & distractions to viewers.
Another question left unanswered by MDA - how come certain mobile phones with radio capability do not attract TV & radio licence fees?

Are you suggesting???.... SAVE ME from MEDIACORPSE!....SAVE ME!......you are even "SHANGHAIED", when you take public buses...and I have to pay TV Licnece, even I REFUSES to watch MEDIACORPSE at home...and outside the home.....

SAVE ME..please!:p

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please don't give them any more ideas. At this rate, any possession of a laptop and mobile phones will mean more charges when we don't need anymore. Cost of living is already so high with the current charges and taxes.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please don't give them any more ideas. At this rate, any possession of a laptop and mobile phones will mean more charges when we don't need anymore. Cost of living is already so high with the current charges and taxes.

I dare the MDA bastards to charge Radio fees on HPs with radio capability. Then you'll see whether Nokia or Sony will make a fuss on the tunnel vision of MDA executives. To increase revenue, MDA should explore the paths of culling deadwood in thier department esp the upper echelons!!!!!

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, if you really have no TV and you're watching TV shows which you streamed from online on your desktop PC, why bother to pay? Just make sure your window of the living room is open and opened wide enough to show people that you have no TV. If these chaps come, then show them you really have no TV in your living and bed rooms.

So far though, I don't pay no TV licence in Australia. Even if I own a TV over there, the ads on TV- which consumers all pay for it in one way or another- pay for the operations.

i remember i have read from somewhere that you have to pay as long as you have a display screen, which means no TV, only a computer with monitor or a laptop.
They wouldn't even bother to prove your innocent to check whether there is any TV card installed.

I guess the only way is

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dare the MDA bastards to charge Radio fees on HPs with radio capability. Then you'll see whether Nokia or Sony will make a fuss on the tunnel vision of MDA executives. To increase revenue, MDA should explore the paths of culling deadwood in thier department esp the upper echelons!!!!!

Like I said, a big majority of government departments have a Noah's Ark look on it- because there are always 2-3 people doing the same job that 1 person can do on his own. Especially as I suspect, much more on the top than at the bottom rungs of the civil service.

For a tiny, 600 sq km country to have such a huge bureaucracy is not only strange but also doesn't make a lot of sense. In this regard, maybe we are different from America. America needs a smart, intelligent government at all 3 levels.

What we need is not just a smart, intelligent government, but also one which is more responsive, with quicker reflexes and of course, smaller. Because in some areas of government, the government itself is the problem.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am buying my first home this year, and really serious about siam-ing this TV license crap? Would like some advice pls.... So far the methods are:

1. Buy an antenna (isn't that illegal)
2. View programs on PC (most cable channels don't put their shows online, no?)

It's not me, it's my wife who wants to watch tv. I don't need much TV at all.